Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 10:04 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default easymode twink server?

Hey all,

I've been enjoying p99 a lot being a newb and gearing up from scratch and all, but I just don't have the playtime needed to do anything high level. I usually play for 30 mins to an hour at most so I can't really group.

But I'd still like to see some content. Is anyone aware of a server where I could basically make my own twink and then solo through dungeons? there's lots of old world stuff I'd like to see, but sadly will most likely never see in p99.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:28 AM
Fire Giant

Just do the official servers. EQ made easy.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just do the official servers. EQ made easy.
Came to post this.

Seriously though you'll be more OP from starting zone newbie gear on live then you could be in full p99 raid gear.
tbh it's not as fun when the challenge is taken away.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:49 AM
Banned

^ Naw. I don't particularly care for live but just naw. You certainly are stronger out of the gate but nothing that severe.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:04 AM
Kobold

Goto the red server... It's basically easy mode for people that don't want to actually have to lvl up.. something like 230% xp (i think) but from what i have seen on the forums it has extremely rude people..
Old 06-12-2017, 08:05 AM
Sarnak

High end live is waaaay the fuck harder as far as actual gameplay goes

If we're comparing 1-60, yeah p99 wins no problems on difficulty. On live it's basically something you can churn out in a couple days (or a lot less) and with the defiant gear that drops is also easy to stay powerful

p99 is "harder" in that it's a lot more unforgiving, but the amount of actual keyboard work and attention you have to pay is drastically different, and much, much harder on live

On live, my monk has like, 4 full hot bars of discs and moves and skills, and I gotta be on top of all of them or I get rolled
Old 06-12-2017, 08:21 AM
Fire Giant

Check out the 'Morrell Thule' server on the server list. It's a server where you get GM access by default. I used that server to learn my way around VP and goofed around on it for a bit. It was shut down for a while but I think it's back up.
Note: This is NOT a P99 or Classic server. It has all expansions up to GoD I think.

But you can make a level 1 and give yourself all the items you want. When it shut down I setup my own EQ Emu server on a VM. I goof around on it from time to time but in all honesty it's not very fun. You can give yourself uber gear but I haven't yet found out how to modify the ZEM to make leveling faster (other than just using GM commands). If you're tech savvy I recommend setting up your own server. But if not, try Morrell Thule.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live, my monk has like, 4 full hot bars of discs and moves and skills, and I gotta be on top of all of them or I get rolled
Is this your monk?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

4 hotbars! Must be hard.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Check out the 'Morrell Thule' server on the server list. It's a server where you get GM access by default. I used that server to learn my way around VP and goofed around on it for a bit. It was shut down for a while but I think it's back up.
Note: This is NOT a P99 or Classic server. It has all expansions up to GoD I think.

But you can make a level 1 and give yourself all the items you want. When it shut down I setup my own EQ Emu server on a VM. I goof around on it from time to time but in all honesty it's not very fun. You can give yourself uber gear but I haven't yet found out how to modify the ZEM to make leveling faster (other than just using GM commands). If you're tech savvy I recommend setting up your own server. But if not, try Morrell Thule.
I think the Morrell Thule with GM commands has unfortunately been offline for several months. I used to tinker on it off and on but have not been able to access it in quite a while. There is a server called Morrell Thule on the list but I don't think it is the same one. The old one with GM commands was called Morrell Thule - Resurrection or something like that.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

There was a post back in March about it and the owner brought it back online.
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=253439

I haven't had a need for it since I setup my own EQ server so I haven't been on it to check it out.
Edit: Just tested. It kicks me to login whenever I try. So the server isn't properly running. You can try reaching out to the owner via EQEmu forums if it matters.
I'd give you my VM image for it but it's 20GB.
Last edited by username17; 06-12-2017 at 10:24 AM..
Closed Thread