Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Sarnak

Default Tell me it gets "better"

I think today it's been nothing but a bit of a train wreck in terms of my leveling experience since I logged on this afternoon. About 4 deaths and only 1 bubble of EXP to show for 4.5 hours of "work". Blackburrow is a bit over-crowded full of about 6-7 people just soloing the dungeon at any given time and there's constant competition for spawns, and no one seems to want to group. What gives?

Is this trend indicative of how things will continue to go at higher levels? Or will things get better beyond level 16 and outside of Blackburrow? I've had pretty rough luck of not getting any groups (and not convincing anyone to actually group instead of having 5+ people just soloing and fighting over spawns) and the groups I have gotten have had rotten luck of being trained or having members that face pull yellows (and not waiting for mana, bleh).

Does it get better once you leave the "lowbie" levels? Do people group more often and are they more willing to group beyond level 15 or whatever you can get yourself up to in BB? Or am I kind of SoL in this regard and should resign to playing a class better able to solo?

Apologies for the rant (which, considering my experience with forums, will more likely than not get me flamed), but it's been an... exhausting night.

Edit: I started playing EQ back just before Velious was released, so it's not as if I'm a "newbie" to classic, but I never remember it being this rough and having so many deaths except in my first week or so when I didn't know how to play. >.>
Old 06-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Orc

Pretty much the same. This server is a far cry from the original community and fully dependent group days.

Its gonna be up to you to get the ball rolling, but dont expect much unless its an item camp.

It also doesnt help alot of areas are lacking in spawns that were more plentiful in live. I remember spires in sk supporting 3 groups, loio having multiple groups around the lake killing roamers and 2 groups on the cliffs hitting the masses of stuff outside the sarnak fort.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustahn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much the same. This server is a far cry from the original community and fully dependent group days.
I'm sure the amount of twinks you see isn't helping huh?

Quote:
Its gonna be up to you to get the ball rolling, but dont expect much unless its an item camp.
I was afraid of that. I guess I'll have to start being more proactive and start directly /whispering people instead of /shouting LFG and LFM. More annoying, I suppose, but it seems people prefer fighting solo and over spawns rather than working together and sharing (and getting safety in numbers AND exp bonuses for being in a party)

Quote:
It also doesnt help alot of areas are lacking in spawns that were more plentiful in live. I remember spires in sk supporting 3 groups, loio having multiple groups around the lake killing roamers and 2 groups on the cliffs hitting the masses of stuff outside the sarnak fort.
Would be even more reason for people to group together instead of always fighting over spawns.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It'll get better.

You might consider joining a lower-tier guild. Give you a chance to meet some people that are in the same boat. Even finding a leveling buddy will probably make your life a lot easier.

What class are you?
Chyop Suey
Old 06-03-2011, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IcVyvg2Qlo
Old 06-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Fire Giant

Try heading to the Freeport side of the world. Generally, if you can make it to North Karana, you can find a port.

Freeport / East Commonlands and surrounding area's are much more populated with higher people who will help with buffs as well as alot of people wanting groups.

Created by Uuur//Ihealyou -- Mad props!
Old 06-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Aviak

It gets better. Like they said, find a level buddy and never let go of his/her nut sack/vagina flaps.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Banned

You just picked a rough zone to start fresh in, gfay/crushbone or ec/nro/oasis would probably be a little better place to start its a lot easier to find groups in these zones. If you hang out at some druid rings or wizzie spires long enough I'm sure to wouldn't be hard to convince someone to give u a lift especially if u explain your situation to them
Old 06-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Sarnak

Thank you for the replies everyone!

I'm a level 9 Barbarian Shaman (I level a 6 Human Monk and 3 Halfling Druid in my downtime... like tonight after being burned too many times touching the hot stove that is Gnoll Trains), so I have SoW; it's not as if I can't make it to Freeport or Gfay or something on my own with a bit of care (nothing outruns SoW in the Karanas except Griffons and Werewolves IIRC? Been a LOOOOOOONG time since I did that run), so I might just make the trip and get bound in Highkeep on the way through before I hit up Freeport or something.

It just amazes me; I remember Blackburrow thriving with newbies back in the day getting groups at the big bridge underground or at the elite / commander camps, with the occassional druid passing through tossing Skin like Nature/Shield of Thorns/Chloroplast/Strength of Earth on people. I guess, maybe people just learned that Freeport / GFay areas are better for leveling? /shrug

Thank you for the replies, it's good to know it might get better. I don't know any of the guilds here so I never really explored my options for a lowbie leveling guild that doesn't need stuff like "Register on our site / have vent / etc..." that I'm so burnt out from on other MMOs.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:47 AM
Sarnak

The Freeport area isn't better, it's just closer to EC where everybody already hangs out. GFay is probably popular because it was the trading zone on many servers.
Closed Thread