Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Some of my best memories were swarming all the cats on the temple of frozen shadow island in iceclad. Good times
Old 09-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned

dont you think its kinda of rude to run around and gather up all the mobs in a zone where groups are trying to xp? why not do this out in the karana's or on kunark? oasis just seems like a bad spot to practice this
Old 09-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

There are groups everywhere. You do this in oasis..they bitch...you do it at KC...they bitch...you do it in OT...they bitch...you do it in TD...they bitch. It's pretty easy to leave enough mobs for a group to keep busy with no matter where you are however...so just learn to play nice and most people wont mind too much.

Even while kiting 100+ mobs around in OT there are still plenty for a couple groups to kill.
Last edited by citizen1080; 09-26-2011 at 02:44 PM..
Old 09-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Not when there are two or three douchebags doing it.

And when the bard screws up and bites it guess where those 100 mobs are going. Right back to kill the exp group he just kited through.

I thought training was bannable? But running an hour long train around in circles not caring what anyone else in zone is doing isn't. I've been trained by these idiots in NK, FM giant fort, and almost every day in OT. Thank goodness they can't pull this bullshit in traks teeth where I can finally get some mobs without getting stomped on by a dead or zoned bard.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Kobold

So someone is running a train around in one spot for an hour but you can't figure out how to not get trained? How about.. if you see them cross aggro with you, go zone after your next fight, send them a tell asking them to tell you if they die, etc. In fact I often cross aggro with other Bards and ask them to tell me if they die, they always do, and I always have like 1+ minute of waiting before the mobs even get to me so I know you have plenty of time.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

I don't understand why groups go to outdoor zones in the first place. Go to dungeons, that's where the better EXP and loot are. Outdoor zones should be relegated to soloers.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 09-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why groups go to outdoor zones in the first place. Go to dungeons, that's where the better EXP and loot are. Outdoor zones should be relegated to soloers.
My main is a rogue and let's face it, I can't solo, period. But I can't always find the perfect group either, so sometimes dungeons aren't always the best option if I'm looking xp. You're argument is stupid anyways because most of the zones in the game are outdoor. Just because you can't aoe kite in a dungeon doesn't mean you are entitled to every other zone in the game. There are plenty of places that are virtually empty all the time why do you have to do it in places that are known for being heavily populated?
Old 09-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

The only time I ever got banned on live was because of an asian swarm kiter.

Now, for some reason at some point in time before but near July of 2006, Timorous Deep got some new mobs added (most importantly the gunthak pirates and a named pirate on some ship that dropped hot zone-esque loot) and its exp mod bump to hot zone level. The strange thing is, Timorous Deep was never an official Hot Zone at this point, they just added some npcs and increased the exp for god knows why.

This made the gunthak pirate area extremely sought after due to a huge quantity of extremely easy mobs that were dark blue from late 40s to 60. Even in Luclin, soloing the pirates was the best AA exp in the game.

So there I was like every single other day in Luclin on The Sleeper progression server, grinding pirates for 8 hours before raids. Then this bard from the local server Asian moron guild comes through and starts aggroing all the pirates. I'm immediately a bit ticked because he was there the day before and was bothering me. So I figure I'll just go about my grind and see what happens.

Then he starts charming mobs that I'm halfway through fighting to add to his swarm. This obviously is rule-breaking and I send him a few tells to knock it off. He keeps charming my shit and I'm just wasting my time so I tell him he's a prick and that I hope he gets Chinese AIDS, and leave.

The next day I can't log in and I receive an email that I've been suspended for a week due to racial harassment.

I don't regret it.

lol wut
Old 09-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not when there are two or three douchebags doing it.

And when the bard screws up and bites it guess where those 100 mobs are going. Right back to kill the exp group he just kited through.

I thought training was bannable? But running an hour long train around in circles not caring what anyone else in zone is doing isn't. I've been trained by these idiots in NK, FM giant fort, and almost every day in OT. Thank goodness they can't pull this bullshit in traks teeth where I can finally get some mobs without getting stomped on by a dead or zoned bard.
By this logic druids and wizards are no longer allowed to quad kite because if they die their 4 mobs "might" run over where you happen to be sitting. Sounds a little weak to me.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By this logic druids and wizards are no longer allowed to quad kite because if they die their 4 mobs "might" run over where you happen to be sitting. Sounds a little weak to me.
Pitiful comparison considering druid/wiz mobs are snared, and druids and wizzies don't attempt to pull the entire zone, even mobs right out from under the noses of other groups and solo characters.

Think about it, the average group is probably killing a monster every 15 seconds or so. The average quadder maybe every 30 seconds to a minute. This easily beats mob respawn so even with constant pulls their impact on the other players in a zone is minimal.

Asshole bard wants to kite 100 mobs because his aoe dots are so pathetic it would take him an hour to kill 1 mob with them. Might as well kill all the mobs to make it worthwhile.

So Mr. Asshole takes 100 mobs in a huge unwieldly train that will kill anything it touches, including him, instantly.

Now it is going to still take him an hour to kill these 100 mobs, so assuming a spawn time of 3 minutes, he is taking 2000 possible monster spawns away from other players. The average six man group is taking maybe 10 spawns. Because the mobs actually have time to, and do respawn.

Add to this the fact that Mr asshole is only milliseconds away, a single lag spike, from instant death. And so is everyone he trained past.
Closed Thread