Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Fire Giant

Not bad - do you plan on implementing the notes at each number? Maybe as a text box that pops up when you hover over the number?

Edit: Nevermind I see them on some zones. But the idea of having them appear when you hover the number might be cleaner. And it's yet another thing you can take advantage of with flash rather than just dumping in flat text that the user has to scroll to read.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Last edited by Dantes; 05-26-2010 at 10:46 AM..
Old 05-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I meant Iphone/Ipad support. However, in Flash CS5 (I have CS4) there will be ipad/iphone support so we might be able to do something about that hehe.
Except that Apple has so far cock-blocked attempts for people to submit apps written with a Flash compiler. At least as far as I know Adobe has been stopped.

Of course, that doesn't stop you from putting this up for jailbreakers if you go that route.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Super nice!

Love the way the three guk maps spin out towards me when I click on them!

One thing of note is that on the silversandbox site where these maps are also available, it includes what all the numbers on the maps stand for.

In some case they are kinda good to know. Let's face it, if you still need the map for these old zones, then you probably need to know what's where on the map as well.
Last edited by guineapig; 05-26-2010 at 11:31 AM..
Old 05-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Super nice!

Love the way the three guk maps spin out towards me when I click on them!

One thing of note is that on the silversandbox site where these maps are also available, it includes what all the numbers on the maps stand for.

In some case they are kinda good to know. Let's face it, if you still need the map for these old zones, then you probably need to know what's where on the map as well.
Most of the zones I have done so far have that information in blatant text that you can copy/paste. Not all of the information has been implemented yet. This will most certainly be available and I will change what needs to be changed to fit P99 needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not bad - do you plan on implementing the notes at each number? Maybe as a text box that pops up when you hover over the number?

Edit: Nevermind I see them on some zones. But the idea of having them appear when you hover the number might be cleaner. And it's yet another thing you can take advantage of with flash rather than just dumping in flat text that the user has to scroll to read.
You do have a point. The reason why I added the text like that is for copy/pasting but I don't think that is necessary considering the majority of players go there for information strictly. I am still in the planning stages so what we could do is make a pop up over your mouse when you scroll over the maps individually that will explain what the numbers represent. My main issue with this was space and how I could include all of the data + maps simultaneously so this is a good idea. I was thinking just now of a comic book style dialog box that would hover above the map with the information. Hrmmm..! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

that is quite nice....Im jealous of anyone who has te knowledge to do these things.

Again...nice
Old 05-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

Very nice so far.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 05-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do have a point. The reason why I added the text like that is for copy/pasting but I don't think that is necessary considering the majority of players go there for information strictly. I am still in the planning stages so what we could do is make a pop up over your mouse when you scroll over the maps individually that will explain what the numbers represent. My main issue with this was space and how I could include all of the data + maps simultaneously so this is a good idea. I was thinking just now of a comic book style dialog box that would hover above the map with the information. Hrmmm..! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's exactly what I was thinking. You could store the text data in XML for ease of editing in the future if you want to make tweaks or changes. That would definitely be nice to have the text show right next to the number as a fly-out instead of having to scroll down or over.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Kobold

XML is a great way to store dynamic data however I am unsure how to link all of this together with XML file(s). I recently started using actionscript 3 so I have a bit to learn still.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Aviak

Thank you. This is outstanding. Great work.

One minor thing. On some of the maps the notes can be hard to read when they are written over the darker portions of the background. Qeynos is an example. Like I said; very minor.
Last edited by SpartanEQ; 05-26-2010 at 01:11 PM..
Old 05-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, wish I could help but I only know enough flash to dink around with video players. Anyway, cool project, I look forward to using this instead of the oldschool atlas.

Closed Thread