Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Planar Protector

Two characters being played from the same IP, where one of them is active and the other one is just sitting there afk... that IS unusual.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Sarnak

You people are acting insane. Checked periodically, one would see if the brother existed at all or not.

My guess is that more often than not, when you talked to them, they'd actually really be two different people.

Until the brother bard starts swarm kiting and the other brother goes and makes food for the both of them.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 09-25-2012, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

At worst, you could potentially be two-boxing, and at best, your brother is AFK-leveling. That's why you're getting negative responses.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Two characters being played from the same IP, where one of them is active and the other one is just sitting there afk... that IS unusual.
it's unusual? seems logical to me. he has a job, i don't. i play alot more than he does... when you're killing 30+ mobs in a single pull i would shoot past him in a few pulls... but him leaving his toon to get massive exp while he is busy would keep us both the same level.. wouldn't touch his computer, the character would be inactive, the druid is level 15, and the bard is 20.... boxing a druid wouldn't help the bard at all...the druid really doesnt benefit the bard at all.. buffs?sow? heals? as for buffs a level 15 druid's skin like rock is completely beast mode and allows for massive tanking....xD as for sow the bard has jboots... and heals.. well one mistake with a 30mob train and there would be no time for me to run to the other pc and heal the bard while trying to kite the train at the same time...
Old 09-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

I understand the situation, and, believe it or not, how bards and druids and AE kiting work.

By freaking definition, though, what you're doing is unusual. It's not like this is happening in 5 or 10 different spots on the server at any given time so that you can label it "usual" or "normal" or "commonplace," now is it?

And more to the point, what you're doing and asking about just LOOKS suspicious. This isn't Mayberry. It's the freaking p99 forums. You can't honestly be surprised when people are skeptical about your situation.

If you're so convinced that what you're doing is ok, then why are you here asking about it? If you're unsure that what you're doing is ok, then why are you so surprised that other people think it's sketchy too?
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 09-25-2012 at 08:45 AM..
Old 09-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Sarnak

Not allowed to box?? Not classic ! when they gonna change this since they took my compass... lol

If you want to remain similar levels, your best bet is to play your toon up a few lvls while he is asleep and then log off and log on his toon and play catchup with it. It will be slower yes but at least you won't get banned this way.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:45 AM
Fire Giant

Warning: Potential boxer detected

Account flagged as a priority 2 threat
Forum account penalized with public suspicion and disapproval

Continuing to monitor situation
Old 09-25-2012, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaut420 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... if i were boxing why would i draw attention to myself by asking..
Some sort of double, possibly triple bluff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some sort of double, possibly triple bluff.
So you're saying hes possibly 3 boxing?

We're watching you maggot!

Heh heh
Agoraphobia - Rogue
Refund - Enchanter
Stryche - Shadow Knight (Current toon)

<Azure Guard>
Old 09-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Fire Giant

As long as the other player remains completely AFK during the time, it should be fine. Expect to be tested. Ive done it with a buddy of mine before. He in Seattle and I'm in Colorado, he would log my char in and sit him afk while I killed stuff on another char. Risky because of trains etc, but be smart about where the other char afks.