Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Kobold

Vault, I think you are good, because in all honesty there is no difference between ur brother being there while u kite versus him not being there... The only problem would be if you were to move or adjust his character by buffing/looting etc like was mentioned before.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I would warn them and kick them to desktop. It's the same as afk pet campers. Anything after the first warning then we can do something more about it.
This seems like a stretch to me. Where I can see where the 'same as afk pet campers' conclusion can be drawn, at the time the no AFK camping rule was enacted, it was not directed at the type of situation being discussed here.

If I remember correctly it was because at the time certain players were holding item camps and exp camps while not having to have a real player at the computer. This was more of an exploit in game mechanics involving pets which made it wrong, and I can understand that reasoning.

In the topic situation, this would not be AFK camping. There is still a live person maintaining the camp while not violating any other rules or exploiting game mechanics. Who is to say the AFK person isn't coming back? And where is the line of exactly how long someone can be AFK before such a punishment (kicking to desktop) can be applied? I've been in KC where someone disappears for a half hour but the group still let's them stay. According to what I'm seeing here the group would be obligated to kick them per 'the rules' or the whole group would be just as guilty as someone 2-boxing for giving away free exp. I fail to see how if someone is maintaining a camp by themselves, why they do not get to choose who can receive the exp with them, whether the player is currently windowed into or out of EQ.

If the guys upstairs don't want people getting experience while they are not physically sitting at their computer staring at EQ on their screen, make that a clear cut rule. So if a GM comes to a camp like this, they would have a clear cut authority to kick someone that is not responding to tells. But from the way it reads now, if someone is there holding a camp and chooses to let someone else share the exp, that's not AFK camping.

Everyone has their own interpretations I suppose. And this is just what I'm seeing.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vault, I think you are good, because in all honesty there is no difference between ur brother being there while u kite versus him not being there... The only problem would be if you were to move or adjust his character by buffing/looting etc like was mentioned before.
I am going to buy a boat next summer....
Old 09-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Banned

I have to agree that:

0 people playing for 1/2 experience

does not equal

1 person playing for 1 experience, divided however many ways.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:20 AM
Aviak

Create a dedicated character to play exclusively when your brother is online, duo with him. Then create another character to put all your excessive unemployed free time into. That way you always have similarly leveled characters, he actually gets to play, you could twink your duo with your higher character, and you get to avoid all this..... nonsense.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonian10 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Create a dedicated character to play exclusively when your brother is online, duo with him. Then create another character to put all your excessive unemployed free time into. That way you always have similarly leveled characters, he actually gets to play, you could twink your duo with your higher character, and you get to avoid all this..... nonsense.
Common sense, how we underestimate it. He's right.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

If he's just asleep at home, just be like wake up bro and stop us from gettin banned if a problem comes up
Old 09-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warning: Potential boxer detected

Account flagged as a priority 2 threat
Forum account penalized with public suspicion and disapproval

Continuing to monitor situation
Get over yourself.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Closed Thread