Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Server Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-23-2019, 03:14 PM
pogs4ever pogs4ever is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 212
Default

Oh I know it’s not your rule.

It just adversely affects guilds that may not be at the summit.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-23-2019, 03:41 PM
pogs4ever pogs4ever is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 212
Default

Also please disable pet tracking. Tracker rules don’t even make sense with everyone smashing pet attack at zoneline anyways
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-23-2019, 03:45 PM
Xaeophi Xaeophi is offline
Fire Giant

Xaeophi's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 797
Default

the /pet attack macros on loop. with gina alerting them across the room that the mob popped. Classic........................?
__________________
Xaeophi Do`Urden - 60 Dark Elf Warlord
The Mystical Order
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-23-2019, 03:55 PM
feniin feniin is offline
Planar Protector

feniin's Avatar

Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,532
Default

Having a level 51 xping in LCY in Karnor shouldn't DQ a guild from VS. Same with someone in a Disco group in Seb DQing a guild from Trak. Or someone porting in to EJ on their way to CoM to DQ someone from Sev.

Have a little common sense. If the person who gets FTE starts fair and square the the mob is killed in an appropriate manner, the stray passers by and leveling members shouldn't influence your eligibility.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-23-2019, 05:55 PM
Expediency Expediency is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Druid rings
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having a level 51 xping in LCY in Karnor shouldn't DQ a guild from VS. Same with someone in a Disco group in Seb DQing a guild from Trak. Or someone porting in to EJ on their way to CoM to DQ someone from Sev.

Have a little common sense. If the person who gets FTE starts fair and square the the mob is killed in an appropriate manner, the stray passers by and leveling members shouldn't influence your eligibility.
99% of people agree with you. This is probably the most hated raid rule on p99. It is very difficult to explain to new players/recruits why they cant exp while a mob is in window, but this rule is 5+ years old and would require a lot of politics to change it. If you're exping and the mob pops and someone presses the issue you have no defense.

KC/Seb are the most affected zones but certainly not the only ones. Cant name any examples of anyone being penalized for the sev example in EJ but its probably happened. I am not sure what you can do to avoid that one other than have one tracker and only one guild member traversing the zone at the time.
__________________
Last edited by Expediency; 05-23-2019 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: .
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-23-2019, 06:34 PM
pogs4ever pogs4ever is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 212
Default

I’d like to hear the rationale the 1% have for the xp-er/traveler rule
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-23-2019, 06:37 PM
feniin feniin is offline
Planar Protector

feniin's Avatar

Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
99% of people agree with you. This is probably the most hated raid rule on p99. It is very difficult to explain to new players/recruits why they cant exp while a mob is in window, but this rule is 5+ years old and would require a lot of politics to change it. If you're exping and the mob pops and someone presses the issue you have no defense.

KC/Seb are the most affected zones but certainly not the only ones. Cant name any examples of anyone being penalized for the sev example in EJ but its probably happened. I am not sure what you can do to avoid that one other than have one tracker and only one guild member traversing the zone at the time.
It's one of those rules that I would like to see someone try to enforce. If those people aren't on the encounter log I don't see how you could ask for a concession/petition it. It would be petty AF to petition because some random AEGIS member who just wants to cross Dreadlands to get to Firiona Vie because his guild was killing Gorenaire.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-23-2019, 09:17 PM
Expediency Expediency is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Druid rings
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's one of those rules that I would like to see someone try to enforce. If those people aren't on the encounter log I don't see how you could ask for a concession/petition it. It would be petty AF to petition because some random AEGIS member who just wants to cross Dreadlands to get to Firiona Vie because his guild was killing Gorenaire.
I have not ever seen these rules enforced on sev and gore (doesnt mean it hasnt happened) but they are enforced on a regular basis for trak and VS, especially during the kunark era when those mobs were highly contested every spawn. People are less anal now but its still something everyone should keep in mind. Our guild will generally make note of it in the motd if we are targeting that mob. I was an active recruiting officer in our guild for quite a while and this was my least favorite conversation to have, people got really salty and I cant blame them.

There is a rather unpredictable element of "how much the other party cares." If you are in one guild, and you see another guild win the FTE for VS even though a level 50 monk was pulling in the RCY, you get to make a decision whether to petition it or let it slide.

The only real counter to this rule other than leaving the area is to /guildremove yourself during the window and add yourself back later. I've never gone that far but plenty have.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-24-2019, 01:20 AM
HippoNipple HippoNipple is offline
Planar Protector

HippoNipple's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,078
Default

Lol you have gm enforced rules on where you can stand? Why do you guys put up with that shit? What a great way to ruin a sandbox mmo. Why don't they just make instances instead of these rules if that is how they want the game to be?
__________________
<Forum Quest>
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-24-2019, 01:25 AM
Hibbs Hibbs is offline
Sarnak

Hibbs's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Felwithe
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol you have gm enforced rules on where you can stand? Why do you guys put up with that shit? What a great way to ruin a sandbox mmo. Why don't they just make instances instead of these rules if that is how they want the game to be?
Fantastic input in the thread. Thanks.
__________________
Zquils
60 High Elf Phantasmist
Officer of <Auld Lang Syne>
Quit finger poppin each others assholes
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:31 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.