Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 12:11 AM
Sarnak

I do 2 years on, 1 year off give or take and keeps it pretty enjoyable.

Each time I come back and start a new character or rez an old character and always fun. I quite enjoy the game up to level 50 and have no issues rinse and repeating.
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 05-17-2019, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciksharn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have a 56 wiz. Havent played in probably a year. Talk me out of coming back. Thanks in advance.
"Technically its not camped because you weren't in the room when I just checked, I'm petitioning"
Old 05-17-2019, 05:38 AM
Planar Protector

56 wizard
Old 05-17-2019, 07:19 AM
Kobold

It's just a Skinner box. It's specifically designed to keep you hitting a button for a treat, with no greater purpose. Nothing you do in this game will have any positive effect on your real life. If you suffer from any addiction or self-control issues, it will likely have a negative impact. You'll spend more time playing p99 and less time with your significant other or family.

Everything in this game is ephemeral. It can and likely will eventually be taken away forever by a simple business decision. If you pursue another hobby, you'll likely have something to show for it. If you pursue RC cars or airplanes, you'll learn valuable lessons about electronics, mechanics and repair skills. You'll also have physical objects that you can pass on or sell if you bore of them. If you pursue woodworking, you'll learn about engineering, design and aesthetics. Again, you'll end up with tools and creations that you can share, sell or pass on. If you pursue hiking, your health will improve and you'll likely meet real people who can enrich your personal and even professional life.

Nothing in P99 will ever leave. Nothing is gained. The skills do not transfer to real life. There is nothing to share or pass on to loved ones. It is only wasted time.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydoc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just a Skinner box. It's specifically designed to keep you hitting a button for a treat, with no greater purpose. Nothing you do in this game will have any positive effect on your real life. If you suffer from any addiction or self-control issues, it will likely have a negative impact. You'll spend more time playing p99 and less time with your significant other or family.

Everything in this game is ephemeral. It can and likely will eventually be taken away forever by a simple business decision. If you pursue another hobby, you'll likely have something to show for it. If you pursue RC cars or airplanes, you'll learn valuable lessons about electronics, mechanics and repair skills. You'll also have physical objects that you can pass on or sell if you bore of them. If you pursue woodworking, you'll learn about engineering, design and aesthetics. Again, you'll end up with tools and creations that you can share, sell or pass on. If you pursue hiking, your health will improve and you'll likely meet real people who can enrich your personal and even professional life.

Nothing in P99 will ever leave. Nothing is gained. The skills do not transfer to real life. There is nothing to share or pass on to loved ones. It is only wasted time.
Damn dude, you just made ME want to quit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-17-2019, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the itch never goes away. no other game will scratch it but p99 won't either.

i go through this once a year where i install a series of various MMORPGs, when those don't work I try single player RPGs, when those don't work I'll eventually install p99, remember why I stopped playing personally and uninstall again. IMHO wait for green, a teams server, or a different classic elf simulator launching later this year.
I never understand why people uninstall games they know they'll be back to play lol. Might as well just leave P99 on a flash drive in a safe to make the transition back quicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-17-2019, 08:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn dude, you just made ME want to quit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He’s right though. It’s all about the dopamine hits.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:12 AM
Kobold

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=325497
Old 05-17-2019, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciksharn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game was too time consuming. And i have less time now than i did then. But that itch
couple ways to quell the itch:

1. Time in nature
2. Art
3. Cold water immersion
4. Meditation
5. Exercise/physical exertion

Best of luck!
Old 05-17-2019, 09:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlolizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im way less involved than this guy. Ive spent little to no time raiding. Mostly solo with somegroup play. Guild involvement where i can and some questing.
This isn't rocket science people: if your name clearly means something non-Everquest-related when most people see it, it doesn't belong. If your name is the same as something obscure that most people have never heard of, it's fine.:
Closed Thread