Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Kobold

Shits getting old. If bards wanna swarm, be my guest. If you want to swarm over my camp multiple times and not respect my camp, I'll retaliate. Hopefully it doesn't get me banned but if it does, so be it.

Been run over in OT about 10 times today. No mobs anywhere and when you get some, you have a swarm on you.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketu Garyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the scourge that is the bard train.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:31 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Xumosa

Fuck bards
Old 09-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Roll a bard. Now try resisting the temptation to swarm kite and level several times faster than you normally would using any other method.

Exactly.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

OT, DL and BW blow anyway for leveling anything becides a bard. Think outside of the box, live, and get better xp derpaderp
Old 09-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

It comes down to one thing and one thing only, common courtesy.

Unfortunately, the concept is completely lost on a large portion of this server. One of the most telling facts is that the most well known asshat kiter continues to get business. It isn't hard to kite and not shit all over everyone else in the zone...but when you are dealing with a server where 50%+ of the server is autistic it can be difficult to make them understand why and how it is rude and pisses people off.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:34 AM
Kobold

Derubael (GM) just laid down the law in Overthere. About time!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Derubael (GM) just laid down the law in Overthere. About time!
story?
Old 09-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Not much of a story. Just follow the server rules.

Your swarm, your responsibility. Keep it away from other players in the zone. If you run your swarm over someone in the zone, even if your mobs don't aggro right away, if you die, they are going to go after every player you ran by. Bottom line is keep your swarms away from other players. Don't steal mobs from other players. Pretty simple.

Doesn't matter if this is intentional or not. "I didn't see him, I was moving too fast" and other excuses are not going to cut it anymore. The days of bards indiscriminately running their swarms over other players is over. If I see you doing it, I will likely summon you into your own swarm and freeze you in place, then remove you from the zone for a few hours. Continuing to inconvenience other players will result in further action.

Nothing wrong with swarming. Pull the whole zone if you can do it without breaking any rules. Just make sure you keep that swarm far, far away from other people in the zone, and you'll be fine.

I assure you, I will be watching. Happy hunting!
Old 09-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not much of a story. Just follow the server rules.

Your swarm, your responsibility. Keep it away from other players in the zone. If you run your swarm over someone in the zone, even if your mobs don't aggro right away, if you die, they are going to go after every player you ran by. Bottom line is keep your swarms away from other players. Don't steal mobs from other players. Pretty simple.

Doesn't matter if this is intentional or not. "I didn't see him, I was moving too fast" and other excuses are not going to cut it anymore. The days of bards indiscriminately running their swarms over other players is over. If I see you doing it, I will likely summon you into your own swarm and freeze you in place, then remove you from the zone for a few hours. Continuing to inconvenience other players will result in further action.

Nothing wrong with swarming. Pull the whole zone if you can do it without breaking any rules. Just make sure you keep that swarm far, far away from other people in the zone, and you'll be fine.

I assure you, I will be watching. Happy hunting!
i'm all about serving justice to irresponsible AOE kiters, and I'm not trying to undermine your authority, but wouldn't summoning the kiter into their own train (1) result in their death and, more importantly, (2) unleash the train onto the zone, potentially killing the people you are trying to protect?

and also, is action taken when the train "runs over" a player and doesn't aggro them? for example, if a kiter's train happens to path over somebody running in the middle of the zone, but the kiter does not die and no mobs ever aggro the person who came into aggro range of the train, does disciplinary action still take place? the way you describe it, you will be punishing people for random happenings in addition to the irresponsible running of trains over players camped at the zone edges. in either case, i don't see how running a train by anyone who doesn't catch any aggro is breaking any rules*.

again, i'm not trying to undermine any authority. i think the discipline will do great things, but i think it's best to be as clear as possible about this.

* EDIT: i stand corrected -- it looks like "running a train over a camp" is against the rules. from the global server rules:

"You take all responsibility for mobs that you aggro. If you are trying to escape from a pack of NPC's but there is another group in your way, do not run through them. Even if your intention is not to train them, it would inevitable cause this and you may be subject to disciplinary"

however, this is still a bit ambiguous when it comes to defining a "group in your way." if you actively keep your train away from all known camps in the zone, and still manage to run it over a person running through the middle of the zone without any aggro transferring, is this punishable?
Last edited by indiscriminate_hater; 09-10-2013 at 12:40 PM..
Closed Thread