Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 04:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rob242 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True! I played a DEF NEC. I would have never noticed. I switched after 16 levels on him bc I took the "Iksar are better" bait. I regret having to start over and waste the time. Hence, the advice. Stick with ERU! If you see Ssessth in-game. HMU for some bone chips or plat. I'm nowhere near rich, but I may have a little bit more plat than a level eight (untwinked) toon has on him.
If your sig is up to date, then your necro is 44 and doesn't have the 49 Lich spell yet. That spell draws a lot more health than Call of Bones. Also, Iksar regeneration takes off like a rocket post 50, where as before its only of marginal benefit. The difference in regeneration from level 49 to 51 is 6 hp/tick. That's more than adding a Zlandicar's Heart to a non-Iksar race (an item that costs ~150k). Then, at 60 you're looking at an extra 6 on top of that.

I'm not trying to disagree with your point of playing what you want though, that is the most important thing.

On the shaman regeneration front, sure leveling up an untwinked character the Iksar/Troll races have a definite benefit, but if you have the money, a Barbarian/Ogre with Fungi Tunic & staff will have over 90% of the regeneration Troll/Iksar would have with the same gear up until level 50. From then on it tapers off to at worst 78% from levels 55-59. With that level of gear, I really think the Ogre's FSI shines. But again, thats assuming you have lots of money, which not everyone does. I'm just trying to make the argument that FSI is the min/max racial-trait over regeneration, and to think otherwise is to again throw subjective preference into the mix in the same way of picking a not-Iksar necromancer race (which is fine, people should play what they get the most enjoyment from).
Old 02-05-2017, 11:29 PM
Kobold

Poptart, nice info! And yes, sig is current, so 49+ info is something to look forward to! I'm happy with my Iksar. As you can also see by my sig, I've taken a true liking to them. Guess I was just trying to comfort the OP about re-rolling. If he's gonna do it the time is now, while he's not put too much time in.

OP: not sure anyone said it yet, but getting an Iksar to level 8 would not take too long. Bone chip quest, scorpion pincher quest, curscale armor quests all happen in FoB. Good experience for each as well as normal leveling. Lots of friendly passersby in that area to buff and such with Kaesora and EJ so close.
Last edited by b_rob242; 02-05-2017 at 11:30 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 02-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For every point in time that you're not actively getting beat on, [frontal stun immunity] gives you nothing. Racial regen is there always ... buffing, medding, running from point A to B...
I just thought up another point to my argument, the statement above is not completely solid. Troll/Iksar regeneration is not always there, to a degree at least. Any time your character is not sitting, I.E. tanking, casting, running, the regen is penalized by about 30%. 10 standing vs 16 sitting from 55-59. The percentages in my previous post, 90% and 78% for fungi twinked characters, used the sitting numbers. With characters standing, racial regeneration looks even worse. From 55-59 Ogres/Barbs with fungi tunic and staff/spell regrowth have 82% of the regeneration while standing that a Troll/Iksar with the same gear would have. For levels before 50 you're talking about only 1 hp/tick difference for a standing character, which is a drop in the bucket when you've got +30 hp/tick from gear. I just don't see the argument for Troll/Iksar as the min max pick when their racial benefit can mostly be overcome by equipment.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:15 PM
Banned

Iksar or bust. Regen + Lich is a no brainer. Any other race is purely for roleplay.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:55 PM
Fire Giant

OP was asking about best race for necro, and iksar wins the min/max argument, hands down. Shaman wise, the regen doesn't mean shit IF you are 60 and have torpor. So go ogre for stun immunity if it is going to be a endgame for you. If you won't ever hit 60 I'd go troll or iksar for passive regen.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:44 PM
Aviak

Just don't forget 51-60 probably takes even longer than 1-50, so it's 51+ when iksar regen really kicks in and makes it VERY noticeable against other races.
Last edited by Kotopes; 02-09-2017 at 11:46 PM..
Old 02-10-2017, 01:12 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rob242 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go Iksar! If you're worried about banking and such, do the red wine quest in neriak and kill a bunch of halflings over a Nek forest. You will con amiable to guards inside and outside the city. And be able to bank just don't go near warrior guild in 3rd gate and you'll be fine.
How many red wine bottles I need to give them to get goovy with em? And what level are the halflings?
Old 02-10-2017, 11:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many red wine bottles I need to give them to get goovy with em? And what level are the halflings?
If I recall, 60-80 turn ins should get you out of KOS, maybe even better. Call of Bones/Lich on top of that will certainly fix things. Just be sure to turn in 1 wine at a time, you'll only get 1 faction hit even if you hand in 4 single wines.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:09 PM
Kobold

Be a dark elf female because they are the sexiest.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:15 PM
Fire Giant

I
K
S
A
R
!
Closed Thread