Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlerop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regarding the star of eyes; will this be made when the rod pieces are combined? And can a troll shaman start this quest dialogue?
Any race and any class can get this item. I obtained it on my iksar shaman and DE necromancer. I simply picked up all the rod pieces first, then hailed the quest giver, obtained the bag, combined the bag, and that gave me the star and the staff on my mouse cursor. You can go sell the staff to a merchant and keep the star of eyes and the quest is done for you at that stage.

There are two extremely difficult parts to this quest, but the rest is a joke. Getting the rod in the Hand room in lower guk is a serious business if no one is keeping the room despawned. The bright side of this is that the hand is spawned right next to a rather tough ghoul frog, so it's a simple matter of a necromancer or enchanter of the appropriate level charming one to kill the other and then finishing off the charmed target.

Or. Have both types of invis on your character (if that still works on this server) to get the rod and then get out.

The other hard part is the rod piece in Everfrost caverns if Miragul's Lich is spawned. He has a massive detection range and has an absurd amount of health. I attempted him solo with my lower 50's necromancer and barely escaped with my life. I then attempted to train the lich into some Barbarian guards. He will not leash out to that distance.

A very kind level 60 necromancer farming Ice Giants agreed to go kill him while I held his camp until his return. He pulled it off, but reported that it required nearly all of his mana to both put spells on Miragul and keep his Spectre pet alive through the fight. He was happy it worked and stated it was one of the more challenging fights he pulled off in a while.

So... if Miragul's Lich is up, you're out of luck for the rod piece unless you have balls of steel in understanding his pathing, speed, and can reach it without him seeing you (he sees through all invis). All the other rod pieces are easy as hell to obtain with some invis and some water breathing. A mage summoning like 3 waterstones would make it possible for any class to get them.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ring 8/9/10 are pretty good.
This is the best one I've seen mentioned in the thread, but also the most difficult to acquire and isn't practical or necessary for all (or even a majority of) players.

The Shrunken Goblin Skull ear is my own favorite of the others. It serves the double duty of providing a global cooldown reset along with a instant-click junk buff. It works everywhere, unlike the Spirit of Wolf click boots that work only outdoors. Main downside is you give up having stats on an ear slot, but that's a small loss overall.

Star of Eyes works nicely as a cooldown reset and lets you use a stat ear, but it doesn't provide a junk buff. This is a great mid-level choice for players who don't have much money and don't especially get dispelled very often.

I despise the telescopes because they screw up the view and give me a headache. I'd rather go without a cooldown reset than use one of those horrible things.

Danth
Old 03-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any race and any class can get this item. I obtained it on my iksar shaman and DE necromancer. I simply picked up all the rod pieces first, then hailed the quest giver, obtained the bag, combined the bag, and that gave me the star and the staff on my mouse cursor. You can go sell the staff to a merchant and keep the star of eyes and the quest is done for you at that stage.

There are two extremely difficult parts to this quest, but the rest is a joke. Getting the rod in the Hand room in lower guk is a serious business if no one is keeping the room despawned. The bright side of this is that the hand is spawned right next to a rather tough ghoul frog, so it's a simple matter of a necromancer or enchanter of the appropriate level charming one to kill the other and then finishing off the charmed target.

Or. Have both types of invis on your character (if that still works on this server) to get the rod and then get out.

The other hard part is the rod piece in Everfrost caverns if Miragul's Lich is spawned. He has a massive detection range and has an absurd amount of health. I attempted him solo with my lower 50's necromancer and barely escaped with my life. I then attempted to train the lich into some Barbarian guards. He will not leash out to that distance.

A very kind level 60 necromancer farming Ice Giants agreed to go kill him while I held his camp until his return. He pulled it off, but reported that it required nearly all of his mana to both put spells on Miragul and keep his Spectre pet alive through the fight. He was happy it worked and stated it was one of the more challenging fights he pulled off in a while.

So... if Miragul's Lich is up, you're out of luck for the rod piece unless you have balls of steel in understanding his pathing, speed, and can reach it without him seeing you (he sees through all invis). All the other rod pieces are easy as hell to obtain with some invis and some water breathing. A mage summoning like 3 waterstones would make it possible for any class to get them.
Thank you for clearing up!
Old 03-11-2017, 05:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the best one I've seen mentioned in the thread, but also the most difficult to acquire and isn't practical or necessary for all (or even a majority of) players.

The Shrunken Goblin Skull ear is my own favorite of the others. It serves the double duty of providing a global cooldown reset along with a instant-click junk buff. It works everywhere, unlike the Spirit of Wolf click boots that work only outdoors. Main downside is you give up having stats on an ear slot, but that's a small loss overall.

Star of Eyes works nicely as a cooldown reset and lets you use a stat ear, but it doesn't provide a junk buff. This is a great mid-level choice for players who don't have much money and don't especially get dispelled very often.

I despise the telescopes because they screw up the view and give me a headache. I'd rather go without a cooldown reset than use one of those horrible things.

Danth
I agree, but am I the only one noticing that grim aura wil almost never get dispelled even if its top slot? The dispell seem to skip that buff almosg all the time.
I tried that telescope for 5min and just gave up, horrible effect. The FoV in eq is already way to narrow.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Aviak

Goblin Gazughi Ring is an option if you aren't concerned with loosing a pet, or a druid trying to charm kite. Although, it is still good for them for all the obvious reasons, just not as a GCD reset.

Check out the clickies page on the wiki: http://wiki.project1999.com/Clickies
Old 04-09-2017, 05:21 PM
Kobold

Gob gazughi is a terrible gcd reset as it requires you to target a party member.

Please don't try to give advice if you are a fucking moron
Old 05-01-2017, 01:25 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuilder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gob gazughi is a terrible gcd reset as it requires you to target a party member.

Same problem with the Star of Eyes, and the range on it is like 2 feet. Worthless.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuilder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So much rage ...
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:

Or, you know... you can target yourself. There are only a handful of clickies that are convenient in that you don't need to have a target or have to equip the item.

But you keep being you, slugger. I am sure that personality has won you tons of friends.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoptartOnRye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same problem with the Star of Eyes, and the range on it is like 2 feet. Worthless.
Star of eyes doesn't have to target a party member - can target hostile NPCs as well. The range is quite short but it has only rarely been an issue.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Closed Thread