Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 12:57 PM
Large Rat

Default Ah memories....

Just saying hello......been drooling over Pantheon and thought about the good ol eq days.

Mained a wizard from kunark to planes of power, and now I'm playing an enchanter named montte. Hit level 4 last night with a bit of difficulty. Then decided it would be a good idea to head to crushbone from neriak.

Apparently my memory is a bit hazy but some npcs don't like dark elves in Freeport. They got me twice on the way to the docks. Two CR later I smarten up and think to myself, hey I got illusions I'll change out of this kos De skin into something moreclikeable. Head to the enchanter guild in Freeport. They were the ones that killed me before.

Of course my gear and most of my money was on my corpse 2 zones away again, but luckily I stashed some in the bank and had enough to purchase the illusion spells in neriak which finally allowed me to get my body looted and finally make to the damn docks.

About 20 minutes later the boat to bb finally shows up and then another oh 10 minutes or so in oot I pull up to the docks in bb. Nothing interesting happened on the route to orc lift / cb.

A druid was kind enough to bind me at the lift, I prayed I was far enough away from the guards if I died or gated that they wouldn't aggro ( after testing gate with sow I was safe ) and off to crush orc bones I go !

I zone in to spot a couple orc legos and cents at zone line and think oh great I walked into a train, turned out being some druid powerleveling a group for the belts or pads. I take a quick look around and con a few targets. I start with a pawn cuz why not easy xp. It was easy so I go after an even centurian which also turned out being easy.

After 4 or 5 kills and checking my xp bar to see I got half a bubble already and think he'll yeah this is gonna be quick, this was a great idea! Then I read into the faction hits I was taking to read indigo brotherhood. After a quick Google search and confirm my fears, it's my hometown city faction.........well drow are pretty much hated everywhere I better not ruin my neriak faction.

So I'm a bit annoyed with myself after spending about 2 hours getting to cb only to have to find another spot to level in. I'm thinking maybe I'll try for blackburrow, or head to ec. Log for the night in defeat.

7/10 would play again.
I'll be back on after work today.
Ah memories. Good times. And annoying times.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds about right haha. Welcome back
Old 10-12-2017, 01:53 PM
Kobold

The faction is warrior guild in Neriak Commons IIRC which is in the very back of the zone.

Some may know more about the specifics of taking those kind of faction hits but I'd imagine you'd be fine killing in CB if that is where you want to be but I could be wrong.

A better alternative may be going to East Commonlands, getting some buffs in the tunnel and xp'ing near by.

Either way best of luck. Enchanters are a TON of fun.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Aviak

Go to Odus and beat up on kobolds in the Warrens! You should be able to pretty easily get a key into Paineel to buy/sell, bank, and buy your enchanter spells.

Good luck and have fun, welcome to the server.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:43 PM
Large Rat

Oh I forgot about the warrens. That's definitely an option ! 5 hours to go till I'm free from pris er uhh work to make up my mind
Old 10-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Large Rat

online right now in CB, warrens sounding like a good option if you don't mind[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2017, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

You might also have noticed as a Dark Elf you are not KOS to orcs at first either. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That's why Dark Elves were the big PK masters back on Rallos Zek server in crushbone ;D
Closed Thread