Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-13-2020, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Is there social agro on your pet from the mobs around the one you're intending to attack? It'll taunt first and if there's one near that's on the same faction it'll hit first and then your pet will be attacking that, regardless of which one you wish for it to attack.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:26 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you tried a complete re-install? I’m going to try that today
I play on a home PC and my office laptop. Two installs that happened at separate times. Happens on both computers. There's a chance it could the the install files, and I will do a fresh install, but I doubt that is the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there social agro on your pet from the mobs around the one you're intending to attack? It'll taunt first and if there's one near that's on the same faction it'll hit first and then your pet will be attacking that, regardless of which one you wish for it to attack.
This is not the same thing that is occurring. For example, if in West Commonlands I have a Cutthroat Dervish targeted, and hit /pet attack, my pet will attack a snake or bear that wanders anywhere near the camp, sometimes up to 30-40yrds away in the opposite direction of my targeted mob. Those two mobs are not social, and I wasn't even engaged in combat yet.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Mage pets are busted sometimes too.

I've had the nearly exact same issue with my mage pets. In North Ro I would target a sand scarab or derv and my pet would take off in another direction and attack the nearest rattle snake every time during that session.

Or in West karana killing bandits my pet would try to attack an Ogre shaman no matter what I targeted and /pet attack. I tried zoning, recasting pets, moving far away from an Ogre shaman and still pet would always say "attacking an ogre shaman" when I /pet attack. Only logging all the way out and back in would temporarily solve the problem. Or maybe someone killed the shaman, I didn't think to /shout and ask atm.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Is there a space or something after your "/pet attack" command? I'm currently playing a mage and have never seen my pet attack something other than what I asked it to (except in the instances described above where something else socials etc).

-Mcoy
Old 02-13-2020, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a space or something after your "/pet attack" command? I'm currently playing a mage and have never seen my pet attack something other than what I asked it to (except in the instances described above where something else socials etc).

-Mcoy
I have tried every imaginable alteration of /pet attack. If I try to use %t the macro stops working totally. No space after etc has changed anything. This is such a bizarre problem, in 3+ years of P99 I have never had such an issue.

The only thing I can think of is that a change was made behind the scenes and messed something up. I played a Mage at the start of Green and didn’t have this problem. It wasn’t until I started a Necro did I notice the issue.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkranger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had the nearly exact same issue with my mage pets. In North Ro I would target a sand scarab or derv and my pet would take off in another direction and attack the nearest rattle snake every time during that session.

Or in West karana killing bandits my pet would try to attack an Ogre shaman no matter what I targeted and /pet attack. I tried zoning, recasting pets, moving far away from an Ogre shaman and still pet would always say "attacking an ogre shaman" when I /pet attack. Only logging all the way out and back in would temporarily solve the problem. Or maybe someone killed the shaman, I didn't think to /shout and ask atm.
Haha! Currently in WK and my pet refuses to attack a target (until I get hit) and only responds with “Attacking Chief Goonda, Master”
Old 02-17-2020, 11:18 AM
Orc

Full re-install didn't change the problem here. Right now I can work with it, just clumsily. I wouldn't dare go into any dungeon however, thats outright asking to train and die.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Strange I have not had this issue, granted I'm using Charmed pets when I play an Enchanter so maybe that has something to do with it. I'll revert back if I run into the issue.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Change your pet attack macro to:

/pet back
/pet attack

See if that helps. This should clear your previous target and attack whatever you have targeted.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Change your pet attack macro to:

/pet back
/pet attack

See if that helps. This should clear your previous target and attack whatever you have targeted.
This seems to have help a lot. I'm still hesitant to go into dungeons, but open world is more manageable.