Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 09:18 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are "EXP boosters"?
That was not worded well. It means experience buffs in the form of potions, which you get as a reward for certain quests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After launching will you be listing your server on the eqemu
No, we want to be independent from third-party infrastructure. We use our own login server.

On a side note, I will be happy to answer questions in the future on elderdragons.com. There is far too little going on there.
Old 06-12-2021, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

A lot of posters have an important point that I have to chime in and agree with. Please introduce Luclin content else you aren’t offering enough of a push to try your new server. I for one would love to play a beast lord again.
Old 06-12-2021, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Just what we needed, another emu server no one will play on. Yayy... lol
Old 06-13-2021, 11:12 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of posters have an important point that I have to chime in and agree with. Please introduce Luclin content else you aren’t offering enough of a push to try your new server. I for one would love to play a beast lord again.
That is not going to happen. From our point of view, Luclin has destroyed much of the original EQ spirit. Judging from how many people have already created game accounts and loaded the client, enough other players probably feel the same way.

I expect the server to get really full in the next winter. In many countries, well at least in my country, Corona is hardly an issue anymore and hopefully people will be doing something other than hanging around in front of the computer. Nevertheless, we have decided to go ahead with the release. This gives us time to fix any bugs before it gets busy.
Old 06-13-2021, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#soulstone
Character's amount of available Soulstone (endgame in-game currency).

Hrm.

-Mcoy
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2021, 11:48 AM
Large Bat

No. There is no possibility to buy anything on our server for real values, real money, crypto or whatever. We do not need or want donations. We have no advertisements on the website or anywhere else. The server is completely free and will remain so for the years coming. It comes from EQ enthusiasts and is made for enthusiasts. That's it.
Old 06-13-2021, 12:19 PM
Kobold

I'm not sure why people would play this over P99 if you wont jump up to at least Luclin but I wish you all luck!
Old 06-13-2021, 12:57 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by putrid_plum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure why people would play this over P99 if you wont jump up to at least Luclin but I wish you all luck!
I played on P99 for years myself and made my own observations. Then I looked for a server that met my expectations, but didn't find one. For example, I don't like multiboxing, which is something that almost every other emu server has. I wanted a single box server. There was simply nothing that met my expectations, so I got together with other like-minded people and developed a server over three years.

So what are the main differences with P99?
  • No dogmatic sticking to the Classic specifications, but flexible interpretation if it promotes the fun of playing and does not affect the "EQ feeling".
  • No EXP penalties for certain classes or races.
  • Stats have been changed so that they have a noticeable effect, made pure melee classes less boring.
  • Our slogan "made for heroes" runs through the entire balancing. Those who take high risks, be it through a complex dungeon or by killing yellow and red creatures, get a much better reward. If you take it easy, you will also progress, but much more slowly.
  • We have the freedom to introduce new quests, have done so and will continue to do so.
  • You can achieve a lot of things without raids, only through intensive EXP grinding. For many things there are alternative ways to achieve them besides the raids. Many of us have families and may not be able to raid for hours without interruption. Our alternative systems don't block these players from getting cool items. They just have to put in a lot of time.
  • All servers are within the area of influence of the GDRP (General Data Protection Regulation) and are therefore subject to the strictest data protection regulations in the world.
  • We do not use DLL injection or similar techniques to spy on the player.
  • Our ping is also great for EU based players (and for US player ofc).
  • We have no, or very few, forced restrictions. For example, the player is free to choose whether he wants to play with modern Luclin models or with the proven classic models. We do not suppress the map functionality, and so on.
  • We have an instance system for raid zones. No guild can block the whole server. However, the instances are not free, the players have to "work" for them - to maintain the balance and to keep an advantage for the particularly good raiders.
  • We do not have a super complex policy, but only a few simple and clear rules.
  • We have every freedom to expand the server in any direction. New zones, old zones with new storylines and much more will be added over time. Always with care, so that the famous "EQ Feeling" that we all love so much is preserved.
  • The community will be new and fresh. We have an explicit rule against "drama queens" and will put a lot of emphasis on building a friendly community.
  • And last but not least, our website uses modern technology and is not from the last century [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That said, I fully understand anyone who would prefer to stay on P99. I had a good time there too. It just wasn't exactly what I was looking for.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Scars of Velious launches on P99 Green in July.

Riding the wave? Or being swallowed by it.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

No offense OP but your server features read like a list of grievances with p99

Won't play crazytown
Closed Thread