Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 01:25 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm guessing this custom resource "soulstones" is something you can buy raid gear with. Not necessarily the worst idea I've ever heard... I like the no box rule and I like where your heart is, but I am very curious about the custom changes you have made. My gut is telling me that you have just made whatever your favorite class is god mode and then slapped a few bull shit changes on to the other classes.
The diversity of classes and their balance is one of the essential parts of Everquest's success. Although one can argue about the balance in Velious times, I think it turned out quite well. We put a lot of effort into reflecting that. Each class has been expanded equally. Also the melee classes have been thought of. Some enhancements are items, spells or possibilities to improve the stats. Others take place under the surface in the server code and have an effect especially from level 30+.

We want everyone to be satisfied with his favorite class and make it feel like it was in Velious times. At the same time, the game on Elder Dragons should always be challenging, so there are no "god classes".

We love Everquest and have no intention to make it bad.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:26 PM
Large Bat

Finally the time has come. In a few hours the Elder Dragons server will be unlocked.
  • We will have a daily happy hour with 50% bonus experience at 6pm EST for 60 minutes.
  • We will celebrate the United States Independence Day on July 4th with 24 hours of double experience.
All events will be announced ingame, the experience bonus only applies to kills, not quests.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The diversity of classes and their balance is one of the essential parts of Everquest's success. Although one can argue about the balance in Velious times, I think it turned out quite well. We put a lot of effort into reflecting that. Each class has been expanded equally. Also the melee classes have been thought of. Some enhancements are items, spells or possibilities to improve the stats. Others take place under the surface in the server code and have an effect especially from level 30+.

We want everyone to be satisfied with his favorite class and make it feel like it was in Velious times. At the same time, the game on Elder Dragons should always be challenging, so there are no "god classes".

We love Everquest and have no intention to make it bad.
What? The balance in EQ is absolutely atrocious. And it's that lack of balance that gives EQ classes so much flavor.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:24 PM
Banned

ESO needs an emu.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Is it working?
Old 07-01-2021, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

If I re-did EQ I would make it basically impossible to solo except by using all mana and HP for 1 kill.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 07-02-2021, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

I'm one of the folks that gave it a whirl yesterday.
Snot easy! The beetle type bugs in fob are aggressive and that was a deadly surprise.
In the nub area of greater fd, the mobs aren't lvl one only. Ya gota con before you whack.
It was just as fun as p99 but harder. I kind of like that.
Rangers rule.
Old 07-02-2021, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Had a friend that created a facebook account.
Then Installed this game and created an account on Elder Dragons - same day.

He said it was weird that he was force to use a strong password on Elder Dragons over the password he chose (which was fairly strong) for the first time creating a facebook account.

But he did try a couple times to create the account on Elder Dragons with the same password he created on facebook that same day.

Then his new facebook account was hacked and posted something that was restricted material on facebook.

It could be my friends PC has a keylogger on his PC or a coincidence but just a heads up in case someone else made an account on Elder Dragon and one of their other accounts got hacked.

Haven't tried the server yet but may using a Virtual Machine and new email address to check it out.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

forum down?
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-05-2021, 06:10 AM
Decaying Skeleton

The server was pretty good, they apparently had some DDOS attacks and it went offline a few times, they made a forum post and an in game announcement and because of that they've shut it down already.

It was quite a nice experience for a new player, a fresh server with some QOL changes.
Closed Thread