Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerMage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can you imagine getting perma banned for a classic mechanic. can you imagine not being able to make enemies on an open world server roleplaying as a rogue.

From a very well known roleplayer.

Pure insanity, While what was done was very shity. And people should be upset. What happepned is clearly not bannable and it 100% was roleplay. Sorry you got got, but this was open world play. thats not to say you shouldnt string him up, get him disbanded from his guild. enact community punishment. You know, how it was done on classic when a classic mechanic was used to be shitty?
Sure, it's roleplay if the person never broke character once from the day they created the character until now. They spoke only in RP the entire time, refused to interact with races that their character's race doesn't like, etc.

If they did that, then great I can see the roleplay angle here. But cut the shit with the "oh they're just RPing a Rogue" as an excuse when they don't actually RP in any other way
Old 07-23-2021, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green would be way more appealing if it was this way. It's more classic, the devs would have never put those items in the game if they knew the troubles they'd cause. It's silly to put them in knowing the trouble they cause.

1 account per IP and no logging onto other people's accounts would also be much more classic. Bot armies were not a thing
There's no way to enforce the IP thing. Too easy to get around unfortunately. But I agree I would love to see it
Old 07-23-2021, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yet, our big brother devs will continue to root dragons, add /list features, disable classic quests, tell guilds when and if they can raid, and ban players for using class abilities.

Feel free to add to the list

P99 2021 is crybaby snowflake safespace EQ

But the multi-boxers still get a free pass
Talk to ‘em
Old 07-23-2021, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure, it's roleplay if the person never broke character once from the day they created the character until now. They spoke only in RP the entire time, refused to interact with races that their character's race doesn't like, etc.

If they did that, then great I can see the roleplay angle here. But cut the shit with the "oh they're just RPing a Rogue" as an excuse when they don't actually RP in any other way
You aren't the boss of roleplaying. It's fine to take a break. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2021, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Rogues stealing beads on P99 is good.
ST members getting perma-banned is good.
Angry RNF honking is good.
This is good.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server is a joke compared to what it used to be. All you 2019 people who have no context for how things were and have no appreciation for what this community was have completely killed the spirit of this shit. This isn't "Classic" anymore. Hasn't been for a long time. But all you people who just started with green are fucked up, you're all psychopaths who don't give a single fuck about community, about other people enjoying themselves or having a good time, you only care about yourself and excluding everyone else. The complete disrespect you show to the cooperation it took to find unclassic shit and then find evidence to the contrary is disgusting. We stand on the shoulders of those people who dedicated their time and energy to help Nilb/Rog build this and you all can't even behave like adults, you have to shit all over everything and destroy it.

This community is dead.

You neckbeards fucking killed it.

If staff isn't capable of growing a pair of balls and actually moderating this server, banning people who should have been banned years ago, then you can fuck off too. At least Sirken gave a shit about the server and was willing to ban people. who misbehaved. This server is ran by manchildren now, people who bitch and moan and whine to get their way. Ban them. Can't act like an adult? Ban them. Cry in UN discord because you're a barely functioning adult who has to get their way (Seal Team?) Ban them.

Every single time you let people get away with this shit you make it worse, reinforcing this shitty behavior. The staff needs to step the fuck up or step the fuck down. Lastly, /list is bullshittedly unclassic, remove it, how the fuck can you say "Experience classic everquest!" and in the same breath say "Rooted Dragons and 16 hour variance and /list mechanics and you cant pickpocket with a Rogue and---" What the fucks the matter with you? Jesus christ.
This is the best post I've read in a long time. I've got mad respect for the people letting me play here for free but this guy isn't wrong.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-23-2021, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerMage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gotta say, thats what i been saying. Alot of the people that play on p99 are high end. alot alot. And everyone has basically quit due to the non classic atmosphere being created of communism and list stuff. im not even saying this stuff to be edgy. It's alot of conforming to a bunch of people who don't have the time or want to put in the effort into a game that requires alot of time and effort. I know alot of my friends have quit because of this. And now to see a very unclassic list mechanism defeated by a classic mechanism (part of what EQ was about on live was jigging stuff into working in your favor) end in a perma ban because again, people in a bread line on a game thats supposed to mimic classic 1999 everquest are upset.

Just one more nail.
Hey, sounds like <Auld Lang Syne> should see a resurgence on Green. For now, it's just me running around with a Dragoon Dirk I pulled off Dorn at 16, in banded and spiked shoulderpads, and i'm happy as a clam with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2021, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server is a joke compared to what it used to be. All you 2019 people who have no context for how things were and have no appreciation for what this community was have completely killed the spirit of this shit. This isn't "Classic" anymore. Hasn't been for a long time. But all you people who just started with green are fucked up, you're all psychopaths who don't give a single fuck about community, about other people enjoying themselves or having a good time, you only care about yourself and excluding everyone else. The complete disrespect you show to the cooperation it took to find unclassic shit and then find evidence to the contrary is disgusting. We stand on the shoulders of those people who dedicated their time and energy to help Nilb/Rog build this and you all can't even behave like adults, you have to shit all over everything and destroy it.

This community is dead.

You neckbeards fucking killed it.

If staff isn't capable of growing a pair of balls and actually moderating this server, banning people who should have been banned years ago, then you can fuck off too. At least Sirken gave a shit about the server and was willing to ban people. who misbehaved. This server is ran by manchildren now, people who bitch and moan and whine to get their way. Ban them. Can't act like an adult? Ban them. Cry in UN discord because you're a barely functioning adult who has to get their way (Seal Team?) Ban them.

Every single time you let people get away with this shit you make it worse, reinforcing this shitty behavior. The staff needs to step the fuck up or step the fuck down. Lastly, /list is bullshittedly unclassic, remove it, how the fuck can you say "Experience classic everquest!" and in the same breath say "Rooted Dragons and 16 hour variance and /list mechanics and you cant pickpocket with a Rogue and---" What the fucks the matter with you? Jesus christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the best post I've read in a long time. I've got mad respect for the people letting me play here for free but this guy isn't wrong.
Literally a legendary post.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

You have become better at groupthink (200).
You lack the skills to fashion a sentence together.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/legendary
Old 07-23-2021, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Low effort. Next!
Closed Thread