Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Lightbulb Third party software QUESTION

Yo, as you all may already know, Klikz da bes... and he wants to remain stayin da bes (Has not used steroids.. yet.. well not in this game..) OK Well anywho, Yous Guise also may know that Rogean said something globally about using 3rd party software last night so idk if this had already been addressed due to me not searching way into it, yet.

***GAMEPADs***
I'm not gonna list the specific one I used on Live... but essentially i have one that I used to twist songs so my hand wouldn't fall off. It uses a task tray (*cough* I guess 3rd party software)

Is this tolerated? I have yet to use it, but already invested a lot of time in dis awesome EQ community. Well, that and I also accidentally PMed Rogean last night saying I would post something about this since he was probably in tell hell. No I haven't read all the rules, Yes I click EULAs without reading them sometimes... most of the time... I forgot how to read...

Some of you Older folks may know how to read better than me, so let me know!

PS Klikz da bes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUyyHYkBHk
Iksar Master Race
I'll ReRoll iksar ench when Rogean patches it in Verious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
, Yous Guise also may know that Rogean said something globally about using 3rd party software last night s:
I would be curious what the global broadcast was. I know that Parsing is OK but using text triggers is Not.

anyone have a screen shot of it?
Old 11-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'd pm the GMs and ask them before trying it. Probably isn't safe to use though!
Old 11-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yo, as you all may already know, Klikz da bes... and he wants to remain stayin da bes (Has not used steroids.. yet.. well not in this game..) OK Well anywho, Yous Guise also may know that Rogean said something globally about using 3rd party software last night so idk if this had already been addressed due to me not searching way into it, yet.

***GAMEPADs***
I'm not gonna list the specific one I used on Live... but essentially i have one that I used to twist songs so my hand wouldn't fall off. It uses a task tray (*cough* I guess 3rd party software)

Is this tolerated? I have yet to use it, but already invested a lot of time in dis awesome EQ community. Well, that and I also accidentally PMed Rogean last night saying I would post something about this since he was probably in tell hell. No I haven't read all the rules, Yes I click EULAs without reading them sometimes... most of the time... I forgot how to read...

Some of you Older folks may know how to read better than me, so let me know!

PS Klikz da bes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUyyHYkBHk
Iksar Master Race
I'll ReRoll iksar ench when Rogean patches it in Verious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good pal of mine on here plays with an xbox360 controller (enchanter) and nothing has ever been said. Is it even possible to detect someone playing with a controller or custom setup like that? I couldn't think it would be giving any undue advantage.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

i cringed the entire time reading ur post
Old 11-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Aviak

I have a Razer keyboard with the Macro buttons that I have mapped to SHIFT+ALT+1 through SHIFT+ALT+5 and then map those same key combos to buttons on my action bar. I don't do this in EQ because I play a warrior and have like 6 total buttons I need to press. You can get pretty crazy with some of these keyboards and create automated sequences, but you can also do the same using in game macros. Personally I don't see anything wrong with setting up the keys on the gamepad to some weird key press combo and then mapping that same combo to your 10 button action bar, but I'm not a GM.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamz4l [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i cringed the entire time reading ur post
I thought maybe he was RP'ing a troll/ogre (now THAT's classic eq) but according to his sig he's an ikky. /shrug
Old 11-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Text triggers are just parsing. 3rd party programs pretty much always refers to something that tampers with, reads or otherwise interferes with communication in between the client and the server. SEQ and MQ are the obvious examples.

Gamepad issues are a different thing, there you're just talking about keystroke macros. The usual guideline the GMs give is don't use anything that gives you an ability the client wouldn't give. Looping macros are against the rules, so if you want to hit one button and have it twist for you that's definitely a violation.

You certainly can set up in game macros and use a gamepad or other input device to activate them, as long as you're just remapping keys and not automating anything. I think if you bind a hotbutton to ALT-Fx (or maybe it's some other combo, I forget) and then map a special key to the same keystroke combo you can avoid having the keystroke interfere with whatever else you're doing, say if you're autorunning while quadding and typing chat at the same time. I knew a lot more about it back on Live when I set up my Nostromo to do all kindsa cool stuff, like have a keystroke tab to a different hotbar and back instantly... I'm not sure if getting that indepth with keystrokes would get you in trouble though, but without AAs how many activated abilities does somebody really need anyways?

If you're singing songs as a bard just map your gamepad buttons to CTRL-# (if I remember that right anyways) and double tap the button to twist.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

I've read a post the developers made in the past regarding this stuff; I'll have to find it.

They basically said, as uygi said, that things are okay as long as they are not making decisions for you.

For instance they said parsers and timers (that just read text) are ok, but things that play the game for you - say something that automatically casts a spell after it reads something wears off, are against the rules.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hynch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play a warrior and have like 6 total buttons I need to press
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread