Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

Default tip for necro iksars

lvelelling from 9 onwards...

one of the klok merchants in fob (left side up top) sells a nice pet weapon!

its a halberd with 14 damage, makes your pet hit for 29 as a max hit.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Halberd

http://wiki.project1999.com/Klok_Canip

http://wiki.project1999.com/Smithy_Ygen

costs 20 something plat tho, which is alot of money for a nuub. you will have to weigh up the cost vs reward...

giving the necro pet armour or an iksar targ sheild (on alot of skellies in fob) also increses its power.

if you cant afford the halberd....

http://wiki.project1999.com/Tarnished_Shan%60Tok thse drop alot off mobs in the zone, makes pet hit for 17. ask shms to str buff the pet, helps it max hit more often!

dont forget...pets can recieve buffs from players over lvl 50, unlike pcs....so beg buffs off passing high lvl, or tip them if you can.

think you can equip a shield and halberd at same time, will have to double chk. Before you get dual weilding pet. dont think the torch trick works now?(force dual weilding)

[obviosly rich twinks can pickup 20+ damage weaposn in EC.....dirty little twinkettes]

only downside to this is you may need to duo with monk or shm....the pet will out dps you and steal exp! even with your lovely undead nuke you will struggle to out dps it.

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Last edited by blondeattk; 02-24-2017 at 04:35 AM..
Old 02-24-2017, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeattk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lvelelling from 9 onwards...

duo with monk or shm....the pet will out dps you and steal exp! even with your lovely undead nuke you will struggle to out dps it.
best tip imo, lv8+ is a migraine solo until you can effectively out dps pet. made even worse by the iksar racial exp penalty.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Putting weapons of pets at that level is essentially for cosmetic purposes. The only time it's beneficial to give a let a weapon is if it's a secondary to force it to dual world (I'm not sure what level you need to start this, but it's somewhere around 20-24 I think). Or if the weapon has a proc, like gnoll hide lariates or the life tap staffs from kaesora. So save your play m8s.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutthat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Putting weapons of pets at that level is essentially for cosmetic purposes.
This is not correct. With some exceptions, if your pet's max melee damage is less than twice the weapon's damage plus one, then giving your pet that weapon will increase its max melee damage to that amount. A cheap 14 damage weapon will improve the max hit of all necro pets up to the higher level summons from the level 34 pet, when the pet's innate damage will finally begin to surpass the improved damage from the weapon.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...the level 34 pet, when the pet's innate damage will finally begin to surpass the improved damage from the weapon.
I'm charming undead in LGuk right now, and if I summon my own pet, it's the level 39 pet. Both charmed mobs and the pet still have DPS increases from wielding even FS daggers. Miniscule increases, but increases nonetheless. Innate pet damage definitely isn't better than a 14 damage weapon at level 34. The preferred pet weapon down here (as far as what drops from mobs in-zone goes) is still a Fine Steel Two Handed Sword, which has a damage of 12, and shows at least a 40% DPS increase.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

a Level 1 necro pet with an Oggok Cleaver will hit for 88 damage. just fyi
Old 03-01-2017, 04:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortimer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a Level 1 necro pet with an Oggok Cleaver will hit for 88 damage. just fyi
bet it misses rather alot tho! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 03-02-2017, 02:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Brazier of Elemental Summoning summons up a beastly fire pet up to level 13 or 14 I believe. You can click it at level 1, give it something like a Baton of Faith for 100p, and it'll hit for 61 damage. Then you can go to town in FoB, its a lot of fun and works on any class.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Sarnak

I did not know any of this. Too bad my necro is too high to benefit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But I have a level 16 mage I might throw something crazy on now to see how it works. I would rather try with a charm so I can get my stuff back.

Even in the late 30s I wonder if my pet is outdamaging me on low to mobs.

I keep wanting to try to charm in Kaesora or Lguk but I'm scared at 36.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

On my iksar necro after 20 I would charm a skeleton and hand him adamant items band, oggok cleaver, tolapumj robe, tome of the eternal or whatever that -10mr offhand is. Then haste it. I died a lot on charm breaks. Sometimes it was impossible to even get feign death off. After the 30s I started to give him a barbarian spirit hammer. I died even more often. It was fun though. It could usually kill even leveled mobs while losing 5 to 10% hp and I would just throw a shadow pact on it.

I never made it much past 40, but my plan when I'm able to charm lvl 40 frogs in guk was to switch to the 560dmg undead dd Morningstar. I figured that would be hilarious and less dangerous since it wouldn't proc on me
Last edited by gortimer; 03-04-2017 at 12:11 PM..
Closed Thread