Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 07:51 AM
Planar Protector

If you plan to solo a lot, a warrior will be the better choice in the long run.

But if you haven't considered it a monk will be better than both by a longshot.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

I love both classes. Warriors for me are probably the most fun class to twink since they can wear so many different types of armor and use almost any weapon. Monks by comparison are a little boring IMO since they can only use leather and sticks.

Rogue (for me) was a blast to level up. Probably the most fun I've had was leveling up in Seb on my Rogue as my first character.
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 05-07-2021, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

SK if you can live with the xp penalty & less dps, still optimal for your solo style play & exploration desires. Can go anywhere with CoS/FD.

If you're set on warrior, go with DE/WE for hide or halfling for sneak/hide for some added utility.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're set on warrior, go with DE/WE for hide or halfling for sneak/hide for some added utility.
Halfling Warrior is unreasonably fun.
Old 05-08-2021, 04:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halfling Warrior is unreasonably fun.
Saves you the need for cobalt bracers too.

That said. A tiny troll with fungi and blood points, what's not to love about that?
Old 05-12-2021, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

You don’t need to hours of play time to get into some small groups. If you camp out in high pick up group zones like Kurns, HHK, Paw, CoM, Karnors and the Hole you should be able to find groups or put them together for 1-2 hour play sessions. Just balance places you can find solo mobs (for instance if not groups in KC step outside and pull singles all day). I soloed a lot on my warrior and it is slow. Rogue hasn’t been that bad, Monk was lots of fun (definitely the best equipped to solo of the three).

A warriors life is filed with frustration, as you have so few tools to move around the world or even do your job well in groups. When you watch the healer/CC get eaten alive while you beat on the red mob that just won’t aggro you... yeah not fun.

Rogue on the other hand is only frustrating when... that damn warrior can’t keep aggro haha.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:33 AM
Fire Giant

Started with twink rog and war, and leveled both to 60.

War (200k spent initially) - Most fun I ever had leveling a melee (more so than my 200k monk that I lvled to 60). Biggest downside is you will be using shit weapons that every leveling war has. I had 600k cash at one point and still using infestation + frostbringer/wess. Stopped playing at 60 because of these lame weapons. Then fell in love again with war after obtaining epic and VP/tov weapons. Also need to make sure you have extra cash to buy clickies (cobalt leg, bracer, etc.)

Rogue (500k spent initially) - Very fun until 48 or so. Relied on Mry BP for self heals and soloed til 54, then it got really fuckin slow so I started joining hole xp groups. This 500k rogue doesn't perform much better than a 50k rogue in solo experience. It's mostly for the epeen and for show.
Last edited by wagorf; 06-01-2021 at 06:38 AM..
Old 06-01-2021, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Started with twink rog and war, and leveled both to 60.

War (200k spent initially) - Most fun I ever had leveling a melee (more so than my 200k monk that I lvled to 60). Biggest downside is you will be using shit weapons that every leveling war has. I had 600k cash at one point and still using infestation + frostbringer/wess. Stopped playing at 60 because of these lame weapons. Then fell in love again with war after obtaining epic and VP/tov weapons. Also need to make sure you have extra cash to buy clickies (cobalt leg, bracer, etc.)

Rogue (500k spent initially) - Very fun until 48 or so. Relied on Mry BP for self heals and soloed til 54, then it got really fuckin slow so I started joining hole xp groups. This 500k rogue doesn't perform much better than a 50k rogue in solo experience. It's mostly for the epeen and for show.
Yes I will say leveling a twink warrior with fungi 36% haste swiftblade of zek + blade of carnage + sick 2hander is amazing 1-40. So fast and easy. I have like 5 warriors in the level 30 range just doing this for fun
Old 06-01-2021, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

Rogue with high poison making is a force.
Old 06-02-2021, 05:28 AM
Sarnak

I think I've decided to go with warrior, now am trying to save enough money to be able to twink it nicely... Right now have a budget of ~130k so will def get fungi and assorted +str/hp gear (I imagine all that will run me ~100k). Weapons I want to keep each skill leveled so imagine getting decent weapons will run me another 20k (just ballpark)... would love to have a CoF instead of FBSS so have a ways to go until I can afford that - prices on green are pretty high when you do see them for sale

As far as race I really love Iksars but compared to Ogre stats + less limited armor/clickies it's tough to pass up... though realisitically I'll only start the warrior a little after velious hits so would have access to iksar plate armor.
Closed Thread