Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 02:50 PM
Aviak

Oh wow I didn't know about them only healing when in melee, very nice to know I'll have to experiment.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:21 PM
Aviak

OK I looked at some items with charges and 2 items that can be clicked for instant DD are Raincaller and Wand of Frost bolts. Rain Caller would cost 240p per click and the Wand would cost next to nothing. It sells for 2000p even though the spell does like 4 damage. Going to look into what people use that wand for.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:23 PM
Sarnak

You want a stun, not a DD I'd you are trying to interrupt a spell caster
Old 06-09-2021, 06:33 PM
Aviak

So DD spells don't have any chance to interrupt? I assume there is some chance, as any melee hit has a chance to interrupt. If I have 5 clicks of instant DD and I fire them off, that won't have any increased chance of interrupt?
Old 06-09-2021, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman1022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rolfron totems
This.

When xp grouping I swap out my bag of wart pots for a bag of totems. Even 2 bags of totems on some classes. Laughable how easy your life is with interrupts like the old days of p99.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:43 PM
Aviak

Rolfrom totems might be the ticket once Velious comes out on green.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So DD spells don't have any chance to interrupt? I assume there is some chance, as any melee hit has a chance to interrupt. If I have 5 clicks of instant DD and I fire them off, that won't have any increased chance of interrupt?
No, I don't think damage spells have any chance to interrupt at all.

I also don't think regular melee has a chance to interrupt.

Currently, on Green, push does not interrupt - at all. At some point, it will be implemented on Green, and then it will be like Blue, where you can interrupt mobs by pushing them.

Note that the chance to interrupt is based on the distance from where the spellcaster STARTED casting the spell to where it FINISHED casting the spell. It is not based on the length of the path over which you pushed it. If you push a mob in a big circle and right back to the start point, it's gonna get the spell off. If you push a mob in some kind of zig-zag, you're wasting time. Push it in a straight line and get it as far as you can from where it started the spell.

See also: corner-casting (pvp technique)
Old 06-09-2021, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I don't think damage spells have any chance to interrupt at all.
Almost every enchanter DD had a interrupt component similar to Ykesha. A number of Druid DD’s have knock back. Plus the damaging stuns wizards and clerics get. True though, normal DD’s won’t. It has to be a secondary effect.

Rangers really have five options:
1. Stun weapons and call of sky/fire...pray to the RNG gods
2. Those stun totems from Stonebrunt
3. Try to burst via nuke when the mob is in the healing range (has to be a low hp npc)
4. Burn though the mobs mana with dps
5. Bow kite. Typically a NPC will try to root, nuke or dispell you. With range on them they will usually skip healing and run.
Last edited by Snaggles; 06-09-2021 at 11:56 PM..
Old 06-10-2021, 02:16 AM
Planar Protector

sigh

*Pure damage spells, aka DDs, don't have any chance to interrupt at all.

As long as OP understands he's not gonna interrupt anything with Burst of Fire or whatever.

OP, the only spells that interrupt are spells with a Stun component (even a 0.0 second stun aka an interrupt), Mesmerize, or Charm; and Knockback effects will have at least a chance due to displacement (again, not on Green yet).
Last edited by Videri; 06-10-2021 at 02:19 AM..
Old 06-10-2021, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

videri is right, if a spell has a stun or knockback component its usually referred to as a stun or knockback spell.

Tradiationa DD's shock of frost, fire spells, those dont have knockback components and are pure damage.

So if you want to know if a spell has a knockback or stun to it it will say it has a stun component like these

https://wiki.project1999.com/Chaotic_Feedback
https://wiki.project1999.com/Fury_of_Air
Closed Thread