Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Default Does Swiftwind's Haste stack with Haste from other items?

Since it comes from a worn effect, Swift Spirit, does it count as a separate form of Haste from items like FBSS or Runed Bolster Belt?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out if it's worth still using a Haste item in an armor slot once I get Swiftwind, or if Swiftwind overrules it and having another Haste item becomes pointless, in which case I'd want to find a replacement.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

No, can’t stack 2 of the same haste types, swiftwind and fbss are both worn haste.

You can mix any of the below 3 up to the haste cap.

Worn haste
Spell haste
Bard song v2 haste

https://wiki.project1999.com/Haste_Guide
Last edited by Crede; 07-01-2021 at 03:02 PM..
Old 07-01-2021, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, can’t stack 2 of the same haste types, swiftwind and fbss are both worn haste.

You can mix any of the below 3 up to the haste cap.

Worn haste
Spell haste
Bard song v2 haste

https://wiki.project1999.com/Haste_Guide
So basically, once I have Swiftwind, any other haste armor piece becomes pointless and I should either give it to another toon or sell it/replace it in favor of HP/AC/Stats?

Does Ranger have any sort of clickie they can use for Spell Haste? Can they get it in some way without needing another class to buff them?
Old 07-01-2021, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So basically, once I have Swiftwind, any other haste armor piece becomes pointless and I should either give it to another toon or sell it/replace it in favor of HP/AC/Stats?

Does Ranger have any sort of clickie they can use for Spell Haste? Can they get it in some way without needing another class to buff them?
In terms of having other worn haste items on your character, it does depend on if you swap weapons. When Swiftwind isn't equipped, you don't have worn haste. So it is a good idea to keep another worn haste item around if you are swapping to a two handed weapon, or another combination of two one handed weapons. Also, 41% haste is the best you can get from a worn item. So if you do raid in the future, a 41% haste item will be a tiny bit better than Swiftwind. You may still want to use Swiftwind as a weapon, but obviously equipping the 41% haste item will trump Swiftwind, and give you an extra 1% haste.

Rangers are lucky in the sense that they get an amazing spell haste clickie, https://wiki.project1999.com/Dark_Cloak_of_the_Sky . However, it is a Plane of Sky quest item, and one of the more sought after ones. So you may be waiting a while to get one.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-01-2021 at 03:40 PM..
Old 07-01-2021, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In terms of having other worn haste items on your character, it does depend on if you swap weapons. When Swiftwind isn't equipped, you don't have worn haste. So it is a good idea to keep another worn haste item around if you are swapping to a two handed weapon, or another combination of two one handed weapons. Also, 41% haste is the best you can get from a worn item. So if you do raid in the future, a 41% haste item will be a tiny bit better than Swiftwind. You may still want to use Swiftwind as a weapon, but obviously equipping the 41% haste item will trump Swiftwind, and give you an extra 1% haste.

Rangers are lucky in the sense that they get an amazing spell haste clickie, https://wiki.project1999.com/Dark_Cloak_of_the_Sky . However, it is a Plane of Sky quest item, and one of the more sought after ones. So you may be waiting a while to get one.
Ooh, interesting. If I'm going to swap to a 2-hander over an Epic though, it needs to be a pretty goddamn good one, like Primal Velium Claidhmore. Either a very high-level quest reward, or something that drops from a raid boss, in other words.

I'll probably get a Winter's Fury at some point as a placeholder for one of the epics. I'm using Dual Lamentations and Silver Swiftblade on the road to 51, then I'll start putting in the legwork towards my epics. I'll have enough to afford Swiftwind by then.

Earthcaller probably not until 60, unless I can farm geodes in WL, and I'm not sure how strong they are or how often they're camped.
Old 07-01-2021, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

Have you considered joining a guild? I ask because there are a lot of guilds on the server who can kill VSR. As a (contributing, active, and patient) member of a guild who can kill him you can get your Swiftwind without spending plat - the ranger epic isn't too bad in terms of difficulty.

I waited until I was in my 50s before joining a guild and honestly I regret not joining one sooner. A guild opens up a lot more fun things to do, people to play with, reasons to play, etc. than when you're going it alone. I highly recommend it!

My only pro-tip would be to remember that guilds get new members all the time, and you don't want to be the one immediately asking everyone for a ton of help - I was a little over excited at the prospect of having some help on some roadblocks and didn't really appreciate that folks can get (understandably) fatigued doing the same couple of epic encounters over and over until someone (very nicely, don't get me wrong) pointed it out to me. I was super embarrassed when it finally clicked.

So long story long, I vote you join a guild, but don't be "that guy" (aka, me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 07-01-2021, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

I've applied to a couple. I haven't heard anything back though.
Old 07-04-2021, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

What kind of damage per swing are you looking at with Swiftwind? I know the off-hand doesn't gain bonus damage, and Swiftwind cannot be in the main hand, so it's...what, a maximum of 26 damage per off-hand swing, not counting Strength modifiers? (13*2) basically?

Whereas Earthcaller is looking at (14+11*2) at Level 60, or up to 50 damage a swing not counting Strength modifiers?

I'd imagine Strength counts for quite a bit as you get higher, because I'm still using Dual Lamentations at Level 34, and I'm getting some main-hand swings as high as 36 or so. Iirc, the formula is 1 bonus damage starting at Level 28, and 1 extra bonus damage every 3 levels after that, so with a Lammy my ratio should be (9+3*2), or 24 per swing before Strength is factored in, and I'm hitting quite a bit above that with my main-hand Lammy.

For reference, I'm a Human Ranger with the base 80 Strength, and with my current gear, using my own buffs, including Strength of Earth, I'm getting 168 Strength.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 07-04-2021 at 04:03 AM..
Old 07-04-2021, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Not gonna read all that beautiful mind math fwiw. You'll want a two hander in situations where you're fighting damage shielded mobs, like in hate, because you'll literally kill yourself on them. Otherwise, whatever + swiftwind tends to be the best setup. It's good to have a secondary haste piece. It's not required.

Vonhammer gave me this advice and it's good, so here:

Get your epics, a fungi, and sky cloak. Then you can solo to 60. Have fun.
Last edited by Cecily; 07-04-2021 at 01:15 PM..
Old 07-04-2021, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not gonna read all that beautiful mind math fwiw. You'll want a two hander in situations where you're fighting damage shielded mobs, like in hate, because you'll literally kill yourself on them. Otherwise, whatever + swiftwind tends to be the best setup. It's good to have a secondary haste piece. It's not required.

Vonhammer gave me this advice and it's good, so here:

Get your epics, a fungi, and sky cloak. Then you can solo to 60. Have fun.
Starting at 51 I intend to start putting in the legwork towards my Epics, at least get all the running around and foraging done with so it's just the MQable parts that remain, and I slowly buy those off over time. After it's down to the MQable parts, then I start the grind for Thurgadin armor, getting faction up and then either doing Kael parties for armor pieces, or hunting down the gems.

Which begs the question, what can I solo at 51 onwards that will drop the gems I need for Thurgadin armor turn-ins?