Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Default Is there a formula for the amount of damage the various Click attacks can put out?

Including but not limited to:

Kick
Bash
Round Kick
Tiger Claw
Eagle Strike
Dragon Punch
Flying Kick

For every class that has them, specifically.

Round Kick is of particular interest to me because, unless it was only changed in a much later expansion, I was led to believe, or at least I remember from Live, that Round Kick can stun/interrupt spellcasting.
Old 07-09-2021, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

I am not an expert by any means on Monk or Warrior combat abilities, but you are correct that at least some kicks can stun. More specifically, when a warrior reaches level 55+, their kicks can stun. I am not sure if this logic applies to classes other than warriors, including Monks with regards to your specific question on Round Kick.
Old 07-09-2021, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

You might be thinking of stunning kick which I believe was an AA ability that upgraded round kick with a chance to stun.

-Mcoy
Old 07-10-2021, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder why Warriors get a stunning effect on their Kick considering they already have Bash, but Monks who have all these special attacks don't get any special effects on any of them, only increased damage? And yet they're all trained separately?

What's the point then of using any of them once Flying Kick is unlocked at 30?
Old 07-10-2021, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Some disciplines work as upgrades to previous versions of "kick" like tiger strike or tail rake or whatever. Still, mostly useless. Arguably one of the most powerful classes in the era though.

-Mcoy
Old 07-12-2021, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Actually, something else I was curious about. Is it possible to riposte a riposte, I.E counter an enemy riposte with your own riposte?
Old 07-13-2021, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, something else I was curious about. Is it possible to riposte a riposte, I.E counter an enemy riposte with your own riposte?
It is probably possible, unless a riposte attack has a special flag on it to say it cannot be dodged/blocked/parried/riposted. I honestly doubt that, because it would require extra work for no real reward. The odds of it happening are obviously very slim, and there wouldn't be any benefit to it, other than being cool I guess[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-13-2021, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the point then of using any of them once Flying Kick is unlocked at 30?
It's a clear lost opportunity in the monk class's design.

That being said, there's a limited use for some of the alternate attacks in that a player might use a punch style over a kick if he happens to have magic-flagged fists but not boots when fighting magic-required opponents.

Danth
Old 07-14-2021, 03:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is probably possible, unless a riposte attack has a special flag on it to say it cannot be dodged/blocked/parried/riposted. I honestly doubt that, because it would require extra work for no real reward. The odds of it happening are obviously very slim, and there wouldn't be any benefit to it, other than being cool I guess[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could pull like 50 mobs on a class with a riposte disc and try it. with that many riposte going on, if it's possible, its probably likely you'd see at least once instance occur before it fades.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
You can not. Try using a furious disc on an enraged mob with your auto attack on.
Closed Thread