Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-09-2021, 09:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sent an e-mail to support@lightower.net about this issue and provided tests and traceroutes. They didn't seem interested in helping and asked for my CID (customer identification) number. I'm on ATT fiber and the packetloss has been terrible for the past few weeks. and sometimes over 70% since the past weekend at nights.

I'll reply back to them and see if I can get an traction but I doubt it.
Right. You're not their customer. Rogean is. And a traceroute doesn't show shit. When you talk to an ISP you need to show them MTRs.
Old 12-09-2021, 11:20 AM
Aviak

Is there a thread started on the eqemulator.org forums? I didnt see one when i checked. I will run the mtr thing when the problem starts tonight. The last 4 days everything has run fine all day long, but starts up with disconnects at primetime - 6pm or so and continues all evening.

thanks
jaladiun - 47 druid (green)
Old 11-22-2023, 09:39 AM
Large Rat

Sorry to resurrect an old post but I'm having this issue and just want to make sure using g a VPN such as Nord or something is accessible as I could potentially share the same IP if somone else connects to the same server? Do I need a waiver or something?

I just don't want to get in trouble, but zoning and then loosing connection for 30 min has been a pain.