Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Its definityl a copy of Outward, its the exact same game, starts the same, feels the same, almost looks the same, and that is no compliment lol
Old 09-03-2020, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Although it has content, so that means it will be fun lol
Old 09-03-2020, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Game looks like ESO but with even less abilities & terrible combat gameplay. hard no from me.
I absolutely hate dodge dodge attack dodge dodge attack dodge dodge attack.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

How is new worlds?
Old 09-03-2020, 01:14 PM
Banned

My recc videos of angry kittens and akatsuki records feat stack are more interesting
Old 09-03-2020, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is new worlds?
loving it

lvl 50 on tarkov and got my kappa...

I needed something fresh
Old 09-03-2020, 05:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I absolutely hate dodge dodge attack dodge dodge attack dodge dodge attack.
As if “auto attack on, backstab, pause pause pause, backstab, reposition, pause pause pause” is any better? 😂
Old 09-03-2020, 05:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My recc videos of angry kittens and akatsuki records feat stack are more interesting
try again but with words
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 09-03-2020, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

I both like, and do not care about new world. Im happy its here, and it feels good, plays well and itches a lot of scratches, and at times looks INCREDIBLY beutiful, and it has some great features, but I also could live without it to be honest, because it doesnt just "grab" me right away with its story and world.

The combat system is one of the most important ellements to an MMO because if its not fun, youre not going to want to keep grinding in it.

The combat system does away with classes and lets you tie your skill with a style of combat with your time using that weapon, and practicing that style of combat.

Want to be a 2h slashing warrior? Use a 2h slasher, get sick of it, put it down, pick up a wizards staff and become a wizard, get tired of that, use daggers and be a rogue. Then go back and forth forever. Until you have a max level shaman sk warrior rogue I guess.

The game itself has a great loop, camping is like binding, when you die you appear at your camp.

the like, creature and mob placement seems a bit like, random to me, not like, eq, where you;re like "this is the vampire castle" "this is the frog cave" "this is the fire maze"

Its, like here is a stone temple, here is another stone temple, here's another one, and the enemies are kind of all the same after a while, so it really needs more content, which is probably why it got pushed back.

We decided that the game was missing environmental storytelling, in the way we'd h oped it would, but it was still early on, hes only level 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealmd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As if “auto attack on, backstab, pause pause pause, backstab, reposition, pause pause pause” is any better? 😂
haha you got me there, I just prefer tab targeting because it adds so much "utility" intot he fight, adding dots to 1 enemy that you rooted, fearing another, while you melee the 3rd..

Combat in New world IMO is as lacking in depth, as much as it is deep. Its got dark souls style stuff, which makes the dodge, and attacking with different weapons depth, the learning enemy attacks depth, but like outward, limits itself to 3 hot keys, so you're not going to be doing very cool things in combat IMO in combat, with so little variety in the attacks, and stuff, idk I feel like that combat system gets old compared to tab targeting with 50 different spell types and things.

overall I'm excited for the game, but it looks _exactly_ like outward, with not quite the depth in its environment and combat system as EQ or WOW, at least so far.

It also only has like 6 or inventory slots maybe, and I couldn't even figure out how to duel wield (something that you could also not do in outward, WEIRD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) But with inventory slots like that, it makes me think I wont feel as connected to my character, the inventory icons and items my characters in EQ use are as important to me as their outward facing appearnce, or their stats! (I aint wearing no banded helm on a human caster, and i sure as hell aint gonna have no crown of leaves on it either! :P )

Housing system is cool, crafting, and recorce system is great, all stuff that comes in kickstarter scam games though, so im not too hyped on any of it cus i been through all that already, and also outward has great version of that too.

Chopping down a tree is both comically terrible looking, and SUPER satisfying in this game though, I will def give it that lol
Old 09-03-2020, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

Seems kinda like rift to me. But with portals.
Closed Thread