Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-03-2021, 09:24 PM
Fire Giant

Bump. I was feeling like playing EQ again then I remembered channeling is still broken and allowing bad players to pretend they are good.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump. I was feeling like playing EQ again then I remembered channeling is still broken and allowing bad players to pretend they are good.
This isn’t RnF dude. Take posts like that elsewhere
Old 11-06-2021, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn’t RnF dude. Take posts like that elsewhere
It's just a simple fact, not a rant or a flame. Fixing channeling alone would revive P99 for a lot of players myself included. Most players don't even know just how broken this core skill is. After amassing millions of plat, legacy items, raid kills, and max level characters I had to step back and consider why it's so easy on P99 compared to Live and it has nothing to do with game knowledge or anything else. It's just channeling and probably higher than classic ZEM with the exception of raiding which has many other problems.

Some people don't seem to care P99 is fundamentally different from classic in these ways but I do so I'll continue to promote it being fixed. It would be nice to see a dev actually acknowledge this obvious issue and clarify things. Is it a client issue that can't be fixed due to legal reasons? I don't know I think you're the only one who has suggested that.

I'd be happy to investigate myself if I didn't think I was wasting my time finding an answer the staff could already clarify or that if I did find a solution it would be ignored.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just a simple fact, not a rant or a flame. Fixing channeling alone would revive P99 for a lot of players myself included. Most players don't even know just how broken this core skill is. After amassing millions of plat, legacy items, raid kills, and max level characters I had to step back and consider why it's so easy on P99 compared to Live and it has nothing to do with game knowledge or anything else. It's just channeling and probably higher than classic ZEM with the exception of raiding which has many other problems.

Some people don't seem to care P99 is fundamentally different from classic in these ways but I do so I'll continue to promote it being fixed. It would be nice to see a dev actually acknowledge this obvious issue and clarify things. Is it a client issue that can't be fixed due to legal reasons? I don't know I think you're the only one who has suggested that.

I'd be happy to investigate myself if I didn't think I was wasting my time finding an answer the staff could already clarify or that if I did find a solution it would be ignored.
I agree with the conclusions on channeling in this thread, but imo the lower resist rates and lull spells actually working are much bigger factors in making p99 easier.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iumuno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with the conclusions on channeling in this thread, but imo the lower resist rates and lull spells actually working are much bigger factors in making p99 easier.
I agree this is an issue as well. It goes hand in hand. Awhile back I was recalling how upset I'd get playing live EQ when root would resist, break, etc and then you couldn't channel through like 5 casts from being hit a single time resulting in your death level 10-30 or so. Never seems to happen on P99 and I could see it being both resists and channeling related.

I miss that difficulty because it made the reward greater, and more importantly promoted socialization and grouping. P99 current meta is so stupidly heavy on soloing and alts it's really just become toxic to enjoyment. This is ignoring the raid scene just talking purely about the leveling and grouping experience on the way to 50+.

I don't know why staff refuses to comment on this issue.
Old 11-09-2021, 02:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
I agree this is an issue as well. It goes hand in hand. Awhile back I was recalling how upset I'd get playing live EQ when root would resist, break, etc and then you couldn't channel through like 5 casts from being hit a single time resulting in your death level 10-30 or so. Never seems to happen on P99 and I could see it being both resists and channeling related.

I miss that difficulty because it made the reward greater, and more importantly promoted socialization and grouping. P99 current meta is so stupidly heavy on soloing and alts it's really just become toxic to enjoyment. This is ignoring the raid scene just talking purely about the leveling and grouping experience on the way to 50+.

I don't know why staff refuses to comment on this issue.
The resists are higher on p99 than I remember. See how easy that was?
Old 11-09-2021, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

Interesting thread, would make the three most powerful classes quite a bit more difficult (Chanter, Necro, Shaman). As someone who plays two of those three classes, I'm all for it!

It's a fact that P99 is considerably easier than Pre-POP Live was.
Old 11-09-2021, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except for the bit where on live if you were backed into a corner only a bash landing would actually interrupt a cast.

Oh, and not related to channelling... Except for the bit where on live when you went LD, including via /q, you fought like an NPC (i.e. a paladin for example would hit far harder and a bit more often than when under your control.)

I avoided quite a few deaths soloing in LGuk on my live paladin during Velious era with those two tricks.

It's only the most OP classes that seem to benefit from the differences to live mechanics, afaict.
Old 11-10-2021, 12:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting thread, would make the three most powerful classes quite a bit more difficult (Chanter, Necro, Shaman). As someone who plays two of those three classes, I'm all for it!

You misspelled *harder*. Live was quite a bit easier than p99 in a myriad of ways. Including but not limited to certain bosses are much harder than their live counterparts were in era.
Old 11-11-2021, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You misspelled *harder*. Live was quite a bit easier than p99 in a myriad of ways. Including but not limited to certain bosses are much harder than their live counterparts were in era.
I see you said not limited to but raiding is a separate thing with a ton of problems in all kinds of ways and I agree with that aspect. However, the normal leveling treadmill on P99 is much easier than live ever was.

Quote:
It's only the most OP classes that seem to benefit from the differences to live mechanics, afaict.
This was part of what led me to discovering how broken channeling was. I was actually specifically investigating why Enchanter is so ridiculous overpowered on P99 especially in pre-Kunark era.

There have been many nerfs on P99 to "overpowered" classes which took away classic functionality but for whatever reason Enchanter is being allowed to trivialize content at all levels. It's an inconsistent policy to nerf Bard AE, pet weapon delay, Necro lifetap, AE groups, etc but leave Enchanter charm pets. We've already proven, for example, that classic pets across all classes were ridiculous bugged in classic era and would attack group members, fall through the world training the group, etc but Enchanter has been allowed to become the central driving force that carries everyone from level 1-60 with ease using charmed pets including in raids.

Even though there are several non-classic aspects to Enchanter which have been proven and outlined I've just decided to abandon those in favor of trying to get channeling fixed because that is a big part of what allows Enchanter to be overpowered and it impacts all other casters as well.

I don't know why the staff has no interest in commenting on this channeling issue. It's a core game function that is provably non-classic but can't get a word out of them on it.