Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-05-2021, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

This is weird considering I never disagreed that channeling wasn’t classic on P99. I was fully supportive of fixing it if it was possible to do which some old devs and stuff had said in the past that it wasn’t but hey if they were able to fix it then great.

What I disagreed with you on was other aspects of Enchanter charm mechanics where you had no evidence besides conflicting forum posts from 20 years ago.
Old 12-05-2021, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
more people are not going to want to play the game if you add artificial difficulty to lower-levels and they have no one to group with because

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-05-2021, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I want more people to play, and I want to cater to different players. Your post itself is an example of the P99 community being hyper focused on raiding. Raiding isn't the goal for some players and I think the game should be more difficult to that everyone doesn't end up max level so fast in order to enjoy the other aspects of the game instead.
Also, your line of thinking is so weird. You think channeling is going to mean that people won’t get to max level quickly and that’s why it’s so too heavy currently? Lol what???

There are so many max level characters because this is the o my classic server out there and therefore attracts all the hardcore neckbeard grinders. The amount of max level characters isn’t going to go away in the future just because there was a chan to channeling lol.
Old 12-05-2021, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

fight fight fight
Old 12-05-2021, 04:37 PM
Banned

Ok this is fun to theorycraft

Really assuming you know the dungeon and where the pathers are, then there’s only 2 situations that should ever threaten you

1. Charm breaks and/or root breaks

2. Lull critical resists

The first I’m assuming you could still stabilize with color flux and shift on your bar. Honestly even now if mobs have ever hit my bez rune at all, it’s either gone or I re-apply it anyway. So that shouldn’t be a problem even post change

The critical lull resist could or most likely would kill you. So a workaround is charm a single, send it in, pull the pack out, and hit with aoe mez. Or if you don’t have a single to work with, then attempt to just lead with aoe mez if u have LOS. Because that will tend to only resist (if ever) on 1 or 2, with is an easier situation to stabilize post change than a crit lull resist

And go ahead and nerf animation. I can’t seem to find a Zumaik’s and I’m jealous of other people that already have it. This isn’t a satire about you this is literally just me, lol. So nerf that shit. Animations are hella boring anyway, you don’t even get to cast fun dps spells like nec or mage. I picked enchanter because it’s a busy class, and the animation is the opposite of busy playstyle

So all in all I say bring it on. I propose now I could still easily solo through any dungeon I already know
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 490DD9AA-113E-4FF9-B4DE-D1DA226971DB.jpg (22.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-05-2021, 05:22 PM
Banned

Good job OP :Thumbs Up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fairly impressive team effort there, thanks for the work. I remember the pain of trying to cast spells at low levels in the original game. It'll be interesting to see this in action assuming the P99 admins decide to utilize it. Even remembering "how it was" I expect I'll need a bit of time to adjust after 12 years of P1999.

Danth
Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsubtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk so enchanter is going to be gimped and isnt going to be fun anymore. Why would anyone want to level a gimped class? Who's going to fill in the void that the now-useless enchanter will leave behind?
There are ways to survive and still be the most OP class, just not 'god'like. This isn't that bad a nerf as you think it is.

-----

All this said, I am one of the few people who played and am addicted horribly since 1999 and yes this is a very important fix.

It is especially important come green/red/blue3.0 purple or whatever because at low lvl without all the velious gear casters are way to OP way way way to OP

----------

next incoming proposed fix, bring dodge/parry/riposte in line with their pre-pop -pre-luclin counterpoints and the skills should matter a lot more than they do now.

Thank you everyone for supporting this project, and I look forward to getting bashed/stuned/knocked around and needing to actually use root or plant myself in a corner, which was the ONLY way I could get spells off in any serious capacity in dungeons without stuns/flux line of spells. Makes that 1.5 fast cast root gold. Makes the game a lot more enjoyable. Makes mezzing 5 mobs a lot more dangerous and require a better group to support the enchanter. P.S. you can root mobs that aren't agroing you--- this is a social game. Help a bro (or lady) out.
Old 12-05-2021, 05:30 PM
Banned

Now if you did this change AND made charm and mez unreliable, that would be disastrous to chanters
Old 12-05-2021, 06:06 PM
Banned

ya'll still got those badass animations, haste, slow, and lull/root/memblur

*cough*
Old 12-05-2021, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is weird considering I never disagreed that channeling wasn’t classic on P99. I was fully supportive of fixing it if it was possible to do which some old devs and stuff had said in the past that it wasn’t but hey if they were able to fix it then great.

What I disagreed with you on was other aspects of Enchanter charm mechanics where you had no evidence besides conflicting forum posts from 20 years ago.
Whatever you want to believe. If they fix channeling I'm going to propose fixes for all the other provably broken Enchanter stuff. If I remember right the list is about 100 items long and you're certain that since you showed some of them don't have enough evidence we should ignore all of them.

Let's have resistable tash, no charm break message, pets that attack your group members, etc just a few of the proven items from that list.

"Look bro, it's not going to hurt Enchanters to make channeling 10x harder, make Tash resistable, have no message when their charm breaks, have animations with half the HP, have their charm pets attack their group members.... I have ways around all of those, stop trying to get them fixed, there isn't even any like.. pfft.. evidence." - You
Closed Thread