Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 08:18 PM
Banned

Yep. Enchanters should be good. And able to pull off some fun feats with a little luck.. Not immortal pharming sololordz11111!1 That solo fungiking247.

Don't go alone and you'll have an easier time.

Even the nerfed animations are p great vs exp greens with buffs and the enemy mob weakened, disempowered, slowed, etc.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatever you want to believe. If they fix channeling I'm going to propose fixes for all the other provably broken Enchanter stuff. If I remember right the list is about 100 items long and you're certain that since you showed some of them don't have enough evidence we should ignore all of them.

Let's have resistable tash, no charm break message, pets that attack your group members, etc just a few of the proven items from that list.

"Look bro, it's not going to hurt Enchanters to make channeling 10x harder, make Tash resistable, have no message when their charm breaks, have animations with half the HP, have their charm pets attack their group members.... I have ways around all of those, stop trying to get them fixed, there isn't even any like.. pfft.. evidence." - You
Nah the only thing you ever provided legitimate evidence for that wasn’t an old forum post that is completely contradicted by other old forum posts was channeling.

But wait wait wait, let me get this straight. You’re saying they actually haven’t made any changes to channeling? You made this post when they haven’t even changed anything? That’s…odd lol. But yeah if they ever actually changed channeling I would be all for it, but so strange to make a post like this when they haven’t done anything lol. I had no idea I was living in your head this much, I’m touched.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bristlebane smiles on your efforts 🖤
I remember getting interrupted on live
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:06 PM
Fire Giant

I guess an enchanter took this guy's camp or something?
Old 12-05-2021, 10:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess an enchanter took this guy's camp or something?
They are super strong, but still I don't see them taking over the casual player scene. Before I made a char on P99, I was torn on whether it would be Enc or Nec. So I read the forums for a long time. And the general consensus from people who had both a max or near max level Nec AND max lev enchanter was that solo'ing on the Nec was just more enjoyable/comfortable, even if not as powerful sometimes

I've only played Nec to level 115 on Live, but I would agree with that. Enchanter is always going to be somewhat tense to play. You are always poised for that charm break, assuming you aren't using the animation. Even solo'ing outside you are still hustling to find stuff for the charmed pet to kill or die to, or to find stuff to drag to it if you wanted to plant it near a wall with /pet guard here to be a little safer. Always there is a countdown going in your mind as to how long you think you might have before charm breaks. And any time you are thinking of pulling, in your mind you are always going to have be thinking "ok how many times can charm break in a row before I'm fucked, mana-wise, if I pull right now?"

And I've mentioned this before, but I've never once had a session where afterwards I thought "man, what luck, not a single charm break in the past 30 minutes of killing. How relaxing". It's not gonna happen. Ever. Even killing greens

It's just tense. It'll always be tense. And that just isn't for everybody, especially casual players
Old 12-05-2021, 10:46 PM
Banned

Since when was charming mobs supposed to be casual and fluffy?

Highly recommend mage. Can go out to DL and you'll have ages of room to chain pets, or u can do the highest con pet with gear vs the exp greens game. Super ez. Usually a good plat haul. Low stress or fuss with resists.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Highly recommend mage. Can go out to DL and you'll have ages of room to chain pets, or u can do the highest con pet with gear vs the exp greens game. Super ez. Usually a good plat haul. Low stress or fuss with resists.
See to me that sounds boring, which is why using the animation is boring, or why playing a rogue for me would be boring. I don’t mind things being tense, I find it adds wven more excitement to a game that already adds lots of excitement due to deaths being so potentially disastrous (if in a dungeon)

But the tenseness is not for everyone. Which is probably the only thing keeping chanters from completely taking over, population-wise
Old 12-06-2021, 05:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

IDK, dire charming baby frogs and cogs in Plane of Storms/Innovation?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-06-2021, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember getting interrupted on live
I was playing with some level 70 shrouds on live and they were getting interrupted a lot. Obviously very not classic environment, but felt much more classic than what I have got used to here!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-06-2021, 08:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IDK, dire charming baby frogs and cogs in Plane of Storms/Innovation?
dire charming greens and kiting them like ur an sk... OK

was good dps and fun and enchanters used other tricks but like that was pop man

and by all means those weren't the most uberest of mobs at the time anymore when ppl started doing that

and it was for like a few aas

if a lvl 30 mob here breaks charm its not going to murder u which is like normal man, u could """""reliably""""" farm like gobbolin bar
Closed Thread