Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 11:39 PM
Banned

@Yendor - You may very well be right. I'll have to consider that more in depth and I'm sure there are a few reasons why people would not want to do that.

Regardless, we need input from Rogean / Nilbog, the rest of this is all just fluff at the moment. Once they provide a path they want the server to follow, then we can start planning accordingly.

ANYTHING that decreases interaction is bad for an MMO.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is already a non-competitive server. The competitive server is over on Red. Enough with "but we want competition". That is absolutely false.
As someone who has played both Red99 and Blue99 this statement is utterly and completely false.

Red is so uncompetitive in the Raid scene, it's a pixel pathway aslong as you join the current #1 team. Why do you think all that's left on red is a few unemployed drug addicts and washed up blue players?

You have to remember historically 95-100% of raid pixels on Red go to 1 guild....and all you needed (past tense) to do was show up at X time to get a chance at them. Coupled with the fact that there aren't enough players to even compete with whatever #1 guild is at the time; i.e there never was 2-3 top tier raiding guilds at the same time.

On blue atleast guilds have to be proactive in trying to get their raid targets, pre-camp out, farm consumables.

-----

In terms of resolving Blues raid 'issues' IMHO it would be to create some form of instancing so that the top heavy server has more loot distribution. I disagree with making the WHOLE game instanced. I think only NTOV should be instanced. The rest of the game should remained open for Guild v Guild. In doing this it will open up NTOV to most guilds with a 5-7 day lock out timer.

Make it so whenever you zone in to an instanced version of NOTV it pops your toon back to the entrance so that CoTH bots can't be stationed around the zone trivializing the content. Also make all trash mob repop as normal (i.e it doesn't stay dead so you gotta clear it each time, or train mages around/rez scroll farm/monk FD corpse).

We're all 35 years+ now, I don't got time anymore to sit in NTOV for 24 hrs a week hoping I have enough DKP for 1 upgrade if my guild gets a tag at x,y,z raid target.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We're all 35 years+ now, I don't got time anymore to sit in NTOV for 24 hrs a week hoping I have enough DKP for 1 upgrade if my guild gets a tag at x,y,z raid target.

The 35 year old part hits the hardest and is probably the most frustrating to the GMs. They know they're player base is older, yet the players act like they're children. I mean, it's this kind of behavior that WoW payed the most attention to when they made quality of life improvements to MMO genre.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 10-23-2020, 02:47 AM
Fire Giant

Bag limits is the only real solution.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:38 AM
Planar Protector

The raid knapsack problem?
Old 10-23-2020, 05:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is already a non-competitive server. The competitive server is over on Red.
Pras.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to think rotations were the answer until I played on TAKP and watched one of the guilds there fail to kill KT with 40 boxes for 6 hours "because the throne room repopped too fast". Project 1999 is popular precisely because it's difficult to get those raid pixels.
Nope. P99 is popular because there's no boxing allowed. Excluding launches of expansions and servers, the population was healthiest the handful of times there were rotations. Expect a spike in blue population while these guilds are banned.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't true.

Racing against Furoar on a Dain FTE is exhilarating even though I haven't beaten him yet. Seeing ridiculously complex tactics implemented and actually working is impressive, engaging, and provides motivation to innovate and interact more to accomplish a task.

When AG/F first started kiting 6 Vulak guards around, with the guards going back to Vulak and being kited back out again while successfully ending up in a kill, it was simply impressive. When Riot wiped on Vulak and was able to recover quick enough to beat AG/F out on a new FTE, and kill Vulak after a 40 minute all out war against attrition attempting to get to mana neutral while CR'ing, was phenomenal.

I've seen some amazing feats performed by various guilds over there years and there are numerous examples, too many to list. All of these feats bring a whole new excitement and sense of accomplishment to the game that will never been seen again due to "rotations" or whatever ruleset is implemented that decreases interaction between players.

EDIT:
THIS is why we play the raid scene, even with all of the problems that come along with it. THIS is why, 6 years after Velious dropped, 20 years after the game launched, we are still seeing new, innovative and complex maneuvers pulled off to win a kill on a target. Some people just don't understand this and I hope this post helps.
This is a great post. As an active raider in AG this is why I log in to raid each week/day. Could we do without the extreme socking and petty behaviour at times? Of course but the fundamentals shouldn’t change or else you’ll lose the heart of the server.

We needed more concise rules that remove the guesswork and require petitions.

If I wanted it to be easy I wouldn’t be playing classic Everquest.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:39 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercalif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We needed more concise rules that remove the guesswork and require petitions.
Or staff who have a desire to properly enforce the rules. It takes months to get petitions answered, so we're no clearer as to what is allowed or not allowed and what is considered breaking the rules.

I get that it's voluntary, and I appreciate all the staff do here, but competitive environments need refereeing. Imagine a sport game where the players refereed themselves? Lol.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:43 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But some people on this server do. They live for the racing/socking. It's why it's popular with the "hardcore few".
Closed Thread