Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 09:01 PM
Aviak

I am up for two nights a week doing 2-3 hour sessions in the evenings EST/CST [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm interested in rolling either a Dwarf Cleric or Rogue, or a Halfling Druid. Whatever we feel is best for the overall group.

Besides meeting new people and playing some good ol' EQ, my main motivation for doing a static group is to explore some of the camps and content that are off the beaten path of P99. I'm thinking of stuff like: Steamfront, Goblin camps in Butcherblock, NRo Dervs, SRo Orcs, WK bandits & scarecrows etc. There are a lot of under-utilized zones and camps (Permafrost, Runnyeye, Kedge, Droga for some higher level dungeons) that are plain difficult to experience if you are a solo player.

Obviously this will all depend on our overall race and class choices, but I would like to at least start the conversation of potential camps and zones that we would like to explore.

I've got other characters on Green that I'm actively playing so if folks have issues crop up that prevent them from playing, I'm happy to wait. My hope is that we could be respectful of each other's time and have some form of communication (Discord?) so people could say ahead of time if they are having some issues that prevent them from participating in that session.

Anyways, keeping an eye on this and looking forward to it!
Last edited by JDAm0nk; 10-03-2021 at 09:03 PM..
Old 10-03-2021, 09:24 PM
Aviak

Yeah I like the idea of exploring some content that isn't used so much. With a nice group we can take on a lot.

I don't know how to set up a Discord server so not sure how we could all communicate there but I do agree it'd be much easier that way.
Old 10-03-2021, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

I have a dwarf cleric, level 9 that I wouldn't mind chilling and xping with you

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 10-03-2021, 10:55 PM
Sarnak

I can make a halphling druud. Would that fit?
Old 10-04-2021, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Let's get characters created this week, feel free to level up to 6 on your own. Selise and I are in Freeport area. Post character names with race and class here. Meet next Tuesday evening around 8pm CST. I'll try to reply to this thread to help others join us along the ride with dungeons we will try out.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAm0nk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to at least start the conversation of potential camps and zones that we would like to explore.
I'm up for whatever. Any zones/camps that you'd really like to explore? Personally, I'm a big fan of Permafrost.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm up for whatever. Any zones/camps that you'd really like to explore? Personally, I'm a big fan of Permafrost.
I'm also a big fan of Permafrost!

And I'm flexible. Mainly trying to get the ball rolling when it comes to discussing possible camps. Especially if we're rolling a full group, we might want to consider what all will be open and available during the evenings. Like: I love Blackburrow and starting in Qeynos, but having recently leveled a character through there, the spawn rate really only sustains 3-4 (twinked) characters.

Befallen is another example of a fun dungeon that might be hard for us to "find open."

So we're aiming for gathering around level 6 on 10/12 at 8 PM CST? I have some family coming to town that day and staying with us for a few days, so it might be hard for me to make the initial sessions. But I should be more than fine for any session after that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-04-2021, 10:58 AM
Banned

These static groups never last unless they're RL friends.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These static groups never last unless they're RL friends.
Well I guess we need to work on becoming RL friends eh =). Are you interested in joining this lost cause! We have a chanter, necro, and cleric/rogue at the moment.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAm0nk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm also a big fan of Permafrost!

And I'm flexible. Mainly trying to get the ball rolling when it comes to discussing possible camps. Especially if we're rolling a full group, we might want to consider what all will be open and available during the evenings. Like: I love Blackburrow and starting in Qeynos, but having recently leveled a character through there, the spawn rate really only sustains 3-4 (twinked) characters.

Befallen is another example of a fun dungeon that might be hard for us to "find open."

So we're aiming for gathering around level 6 on 10/12 at 8 PM CST? I have some family coming to town that day and staying with us for a few days, so it might be hard for me to make the initial sessions. But I should be more than fine for any session after that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes 10/12 at 8pm. Freeport area if you can make it. If you can't, work on leveling up until we can meet. Assume level 7-9 by Thursday 10/14.
Closed Thread