Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

Default Ready to get good?

I dedicate this effort to cd288. Without his constant crying about my efforts to nerf Enchanter I might have lost motivation. He almost threw me when he claimed the client code wouldn't work well with modified server code but Nilbog confirmed that was bullshit.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?p=3395356

You all ready to get good?

Quote:
A level 1 Enchanter casting a level 1 spell after being hit 1 time has a 29% success rate on EQEmu code compared to 10% on proposed classic code.
A level 20 Enchanter casting a level 20 spell after being hit 15 or more times has a 26% success rate on EQEmu code compared to .00000004% on proposed classic code.
A level 50 Enchanter casting a level 50 spell after being hit 15 or more times has a 64% success rate on EQEmu code compared to 2% on proposed classic code.
Mmmmm.. I can't wait bros. See you in game once it goes live.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-04-2021, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

I couldn't understand the post and clicked the link hoping it would be a video that I could understand and it was a post 10x bigger than this post that read exactly the same.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I couldn't understand the post and clicked the link hoping it would be a video that I could understand and it was a post 10x bigger than this post that read exactly the same.
lol...

tl;dr Channeling is provably classically overpowered on P99 and I have made it classic including a code change patch and in game testing. This includes changing from 1 channeling roll per cast to a channeling roll for every time you get attacked during the cast and a completely reworked channeling formula that will make each of those rolls significantly less likely to succeed compared to today.

All of this is proven via archived posts from Rashere, EQ Lead Developer, and a decompile of the EQ Mac client by an EQEmu developer which confirms the same functionality that Rashere outlined.

I assume since this is irrefutably proven by these two things and I have done all the work to change the EQEmu code we'll be getting classic channeling soon. This means the game is about to be about 1000X more difficult than it is today.

It also means I will play again during the next Green launch and it will be glorious when no one can even get to level 20 without rage quitting.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Bristlebane smiles on your efforts 🖤
Old 12-04-2021, 08:52 PM
Banned

um, I dunno about other enchanters but I can't facetank hits at level 51 anyway. Even if I don't get interrupted, my rune will likely fall off, and re-applying the rune costs both time and mana

Not to mention high level spells have long as balls cast times. I always do a color shift in between swings -> gcd reset -> either root or mez depending on whether it's melee or caster -> then either back up and cast or gcd reset after mez and cast

who TF sits and channels through multiple mob hits at high level? Must have crazy good gear
Old 12-04-2021, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
um, I dunno about other enchanters but I can't facetank hits at level 51 anyway. Even if I don't get interrupted, my rune will likely fall off, and re-applying the rune costs both time and mana

Not to mention high level spells have long as balls cast times. I always do a color shift in between swings -> gcd reset -> either root or mez depending on whether it's melee or caster -> then either back up and cast or gcd reset after mez and cast

who TF sits and channels through multiple mob hits at high level? Must have crazy good gear
For me it's about the journey to high level. I always said Enchanter was mostly classic at high levels but too many bad players are able to get there too easily without the pain and heart ache of the low level Enchanter grind. In any case I don't really care about Enchanters I just want more difficulty and classic atmosphere. This should provide that but mainly during a new server launch where it will be much more challenging to level than it was on Green if this goes live. It will be an entirely new meta and my hope is that it will prove me right that this will also fix the raid scene because most people simply couldn't reach max level in time to raid. It will change the leveling/progression curve and allow for those who are actually good at the game to have a less congested raid experience.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol...

tl;dr Channeling is provably classically overpowered on P99 and I have made it classic including a code change patch and in game testing. This includes changing from 1 channeling roll per cast to a channeling roll for every time you get attacked during the cast and a completely reworked channeling formula that will make each of those rolls significantly less likely to succeed compared to today.

All of this is proven via archived posts from Rashere, EQ Lead Developer, and a decompile of the EQ Mac client by an EQEmu developer which confirms the same functionality that Rashere outlined.

I assume since this is irrefutably proven by these two things and I have done all the work to change the EQEmu code we'll be getting classic channeling soon. This means the game is about to be about 1000X more difficult than it is today.

It also means I will play again during the next Green launch and it will be glorious when no one can even get to level 20 without rage quitting.
Haha /pet attack.. nuke from range. #EasyMageLife
Old 12-04-2021, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hopefully OP fixes caster defense next #squishy
Old 12-04-2021, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For me it's about the journey to high level. I always said Enchanter was mostly classic at high levels but too many bad players are able to get there too easily without the pain and heart ache of the low level Enchanter grind. In any case I don't really care about Enchanters I just want more difficulty and classic atmosphere. This should provide that but mainly during a new server launch where it will be much more challenging to level than it was on Green if this goes live. It will be an entirely new meta and my hope is that it will prove me right that this will also fix the raid scene because most people simply couldn't reach max level in time to raid. It will change the leveling/progression curve and allow for those who are actually good at the game to have a less congested raid experience.
Ya, I have no max level or raid experience so won't try to comment on something I know nothing about

I leveled very slowly, much slower than most, so my earliest levels are hazy, but yeah I guess I did possibly abuse channeling or something, but I had no frame of reference

Really I get where you are coming from in terms of encouraging grouping, but not sure if it would have the desired effect (but maybe it would). I think that someone that insists on soloing does it due to either the time that they play, having to afk, basically some RL reason. What this change would do I predict would be to pull those people out of solo'ing dungeons and force them to solo maybe more slowly outside in a controlled environment

Theoretically, an enchanter can exclusively use the animation pet to kill greens and blues with slow probably all the way to lev 55+ (not sure how the last rank of pet fares because I don't have it, but the 49 pet can still kill blues with slow on). And that would remain a zero risk method (maybe pathers but all you need to do is mez + calm them before they engage, problem solved). I think even charm solo'ing singles outside would remain a very low or no risk method to solo from 1 to max level for chanters

So it would definitely alter their solo playstyle, would it force them to group? Naw, not if they had a strong reason for not wanting to. Just my .02, might be wrong
Old 12-04-2021, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It will be an entirely new meta and my hope is that it will prove me right that this will also fix the raid scene because most people simply couldn't reach max level in time to raid. It will change the leveling/progression curve and allow for those who are actually good at the game to have a less congested raid experience.
You can say jobless, it's okay.
Closed Thread