Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 05:39 PM
Fire Giant

I might play an enchanter or mage, not sure which one yet. Mages sound like fun on a fresh server since you really just need levels and spells, enchanters sound like fun since they're kind of the same except a little less self sufficient on a fresh server, I think. Talking pet weapons and no cha gear and all.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Mage/enc no doubt best classic classes. Especially if the pet penalty isn’t a thing for awhile mages will really be ideal.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Leaning more towards dark elf enchanter cause of the raw potential, but I can definitely see mages doing super well.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Mage groups are going to tear it up, but where does that get you? Can't farm gear for another class real well with a mage until you get epic(affaik, any pro-mages want to say otherwise and I will relent). Then you're mediocre at best solo, groups can tear up most dungeons.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-25-2019, 11:04 PM
Kobold

I can’t wait for green to launch. I think I’m going to just roll my main in this thread tonight.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage groups are going to tear it up, but where does that get you? Can't farm gear for another class real well with a mage until you get epic(affaik, any pro-mages want to say otherwise and I will relent). Then you're mediocre at best solo, groups can tear up most dungeons.
if you're doing it alone, you're going to lose no matter what

group of mages is the smart plan
Old 07-26-2019, 05:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage pets alone in classic do better DPS than any actual melee character who doesn't have Plane of Sky equipment (which is late classic era only). Mages, Necros, and Enchanters are exactly the classes that will best be able to farm gear and money (Bards can contribute quite well with a Charm pet too, even if it's much more annoying than a regular pet or Enchanter charm, because of breaking every 24 seconds). Melee classes are frankly irrelevant in Classic, aside from the God/Dragon fights, because of how pets get feared away by them. Which is fine with me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ranking the power level of classes at launch in Classic:

01. Necromancer (Fine Steel Daggers drastically hastened the attack speed of their pets, it was crazy; they did the top DPS + so many other tools)
02. Enchanter
03. Mage (their pets were bugged to not be able to use weapons like Necro pets could back in the day, yet they were still super powerful)
04. Bard
05. Druid (being able to charm in Sol B and Plane of Fear is a thing, and their overall versatility as a class shines the most in this era of the game)
06. Cleric
07. Shaman
08. Wizard (Ports + burst damage actually doing something relevant in this era, makes them a more significant class than melee characters)
09. Warrior
10. Monk (top melee DPS in this era and Feign Death is nice, but Warriors with their higher magic resist and HP are more relevant for the one thing that melee actually matter for here - the Dragon/God fights)
11. Shadowknight (when considering how the normally weak SK pets improve significantly with Fine Steel Daggers, SK's might actually have the overall best DPS of any melee character in this era, when judging outside of Dragon/God fights)
12. Ranger
13. Paladin
14. Rogue (pre-buff Sneak/Hide, pre-buff Backstab, weaker primary weapon if they want to Backstab in the first place, and no Evade is a huge yikes...can sometimes get around aggro issues by utilizing proximity from a caster's Root/Blind, but that may cause more work for a group, without great payoff since Rogues at this point are just middling DPS)
Old 07-26-2019, 07:21 AM
Fire Giant

You have warriors way too high. No sol ro quests for the first six months. Yaks won't be available to the average player for a long while. Any group that's not all casters will need an SK or Pal to tank.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagglebaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can’t wait for green to launch. I think I’m going to just roll my main in this thread tonight.
Server: p99 green
Name: Hagglebaby
Class: Enchanter
Race: Gnome
Deity: Agnostic
Face: White hair
CHA: +25
STA: +5
Starting City: Ak’Anon

Please don’t take my name
Old 07-26-2019, 07:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have warriors way too high. No sol ro quests for the first six months. Yaks won't be available to the average player for a long while. Any group that's not all casters will need an SK or Pal to tank.
Definitely not true the first time around on Blue. Most of the warriors were using 2x obsidian dagger for aggro until SSOY iirc.
Closed Thread