Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahdrek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spoke too soon, I also had to do this as i was getting virus warning:
copied from another person's post :

Posted this on another thread, but I had same problem this morning and fixed it through the following...

Launch 'Windows Security' setting -> click ' Virus & Threat Protection' -> click 'Protection history'. From there I found a 'Threat quarantined' entry for the dsetup.dll file. I clicked the drop-down action to 'Restore' the file and everything started working again.
This worked for me, thanks
Old 09-10-2019, 03:20 PM
Aviak

When I tried to start it this morning I got the same error even though I was successfully able to play last night. It looks like what happened is Windows Defender deleted the dll file and then my game would not start up. When I tried to redownload the patch it said there was a virus present.

What I was able to do to fix it was to temporarily disable Windows Defender or whatever antivirus program you have that will prevent you from downloading new patch. Re-download the new patch. Transfer the dll file into your EQ directory.

If you want to turn your security back on, go back to your antivirus program and allow your P99 folder as an exception to the antivirus program. I then turned my Windows Defender back on and it is currently working. I don't know if I'll have the same issue once I reboot my computer so I guess I will know when I get back home.

I don't pretend to be very computer savvy but this is what I did and it seems to be working
Old 09-10-2019, 04:11 PM
Large Rat

Default How to get a new dsetup.dll?

I added the exception for the entire EQ folder in my antivirus settings. Except now that even though I stopped my windows defender from quarantining dsetup.dll, it is no longer in my EQ directory.

There doesn't seem to be one in the latest patch files either. How can I play the game without this file and nowhere else to get it? I don't have last patch (48) on my computer so I can't take from there.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:45 PM
Server GM

You need to download the patch files again. Your anti virus is probably deleting it on extraction.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:23 PM
Kobold

Can anyone explain why it is detected as being a virus?
Old 09-10-2019, 05:50 PM
Orc

anyone find out what the dsetup.dll trojan does?
Old 09-10-2019, 06:04 PM
Server GM

Please see here for Rogean's response.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...3&postcount=20

A new dll will be released soon that should help with the false positives.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please see here for Rogean's response.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...3&postcount=20

A new dll will be released soon that should help with the false positives.
Fir some reason since v49 patch I have not been able to launch eqgame.exe and the error message i am getting is DSETUP.dll. Its not missing, its for sure there. i've disabled all my antuvirus stuff but nothibg is working. the game was working fine for years on every patch, then v49 broke it. running Ubuntu 19.10. the game boots with the base install DSETUP.dll the game boots but i have the outdated spells error on character select, but as soon as i replace it with the new pat h DSETUP.dll the game will not boot? anyone else still having issues with this still?
Old 09-14-2019, 09:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Windows defender will also flag this file and will quarantine it. So even if you do your regular antivirus. You may still have to go into Defender and restore it btw.