Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 12:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One word guild names should be banned as well. They just sounds so millennial (makes it feel that people don't have the time to think of something creative so they get lazy and pick a single random word).
You mean like <Triton> of Povar or <Conquest> of Lanys? What a bunch of millennials.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:46 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After taking a 5+ year break I come back to these 2 guilds being top dogs. The question is, who is responsible for coming up with these 2 names? I would perma ban them from the server. They don't belong here.

Riot is just pure laziness...sounds like you had a bunch of random guys just shout out random words and you picked one. Also, what are your rioting? The other neckbeards on the server for phat loot?

Aftermath sounds way too nerdy. The word math should never be used in a guild name, under any conditions. One word guild names should be banned as well. They just sounds so millennial (makes it feel that people don't have the time to think of something creative so they get lazy and pick a single random word).

At least put the word "the" in front of them. Doing this at least makes the name sound more epic (ie. "The Aftermath"). The Riot still sounds kindergarteny. Notice I just made that word up...at least it's something unique, unlike both of your names.

Guild names should be at minimum 2 words, preferably 3. TMO was an awesome name for example (they were the top dogs when I last played).

I recommend you guys /petition and change your guild's name to something more awesome and respectable. Freakin' Riot and Aftermath. Lame.
1) OP has an idea
2) Takes it to RnF
3) No one cares

--Repeat-- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2019, 03:43 PM
Aviak

<Fuzzy Slippers>
Old 09-16-2019, 08:19 PM
Kobold

<Fatter Hams> has been suggested as an anagram of Aftermath and it is a MUCH better guild name.

Not just a better name than Aftermath, its better than every guild name on this server.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awakened was definitely a play on the fact that that the Awakened member base (Rampage+Taken merge) were responsible for the sleeper awakening which had happened a few months prior, however the reality is that all of Rampage and only a small group of keyed Taken members woke the sleeper up. Most of Rampage didn't join Awakened (either retired, went casual, or joined Rustle) so the argument can be made the the name Awakened is Taken members stealing Rampage's valor. Awakened was like 90%+ Taken when it formed.
It was more a fuck you to your guild than it was stealing valor. You are correct in saying that most of Rampage didn't join Awakened but it was way less lopsided than 90%/10% you are claiming here. Stop spewing shit you don't know about.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<Fatter Hams> has been suggested as an anagram of Aftermath and it is a MUCH better guild name.

Not just a better name than Aftermath, its better than every guild name on this server.
I'll always regret not convincing one of my guilds to reform as Freeport Community College. I also should have made Sarnak Ethusiasts after Awakened kicked me for ruining Chardok, but gorilla meme recruited me instead and all I got was this lousy claw of lightning and baton of flames.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll always regret not convincing one of my guilds to reform as Freeport Community College. I also should have made Sarnak Ethusiasts after Awakened kicked me for ruining Chardok, but gorilla meme recruited me instead and all I got was this lousy claw of lightning and baton of flames.
multiple kek
Old 09-17-2019, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was more a fuck you to your guild than it was stealing valor. You are correct in saying that most of Rampage didn't join Awakened but it was way less lopsided than 90%/10% you are claiming here. Stop spewing shit you don't know about.
Mad.

Everything I wrote was correct.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

If great guild names made you dominant on P99 we would all be talking about <Socks and Sweaters>.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I love that name
Closed Thread