Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 07:33 AM
Large Bat

Default Perm death server

has having a perma death server ever been considered? I think it would be an interesting experiment.

Make every item droppable but death is permanent. Name the server P99 Black

Have the only exception being a cleric rez which must be done before the corpse goes poof (6 minutes)
Last edited by Marburg Kiss; 06-05-2019 at 07:38 AM..
Old 06-05-2019, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Awful idea
Old 06-05-2019, 07:52 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awful idea
Why?
Old 06-05-2019, 08:09 AM
Planar Protector

1 """accidental""" train = lul. Zoning into ZL black reavers in com =lul. Zoning into multiple dragon constructs in DN = lul. Wuoshi = lul. LD = lul..... forget about pullibng sky mobs... GL doing any sort of end game content with DT... etc etc etc
Old 06-05-2019, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

They made one on live. Discord server or something. They ran it for a period of time I can't recall how long, probably like 1-3 months, and gave a prize to the person with the highest level character. I think it was also PvP.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 06-05-2019, 09:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 """accidental""" train = lul. Zoning into ZL black reavers in com =lul. Zoning into multiple dragon constructs in DN = lul. Wuoshi = lul. LD = lul..... forget about pullibng sky mobs... GL doing any sort of end game content with DT... etc etc etc
The meta and values change a bit. On blue you port into WL and get eaten by whoshi... no big deal in the long run. You’ll get rezzed.

But on a perm death server, porting into WL becomes something you just don’t do. Ever.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They made one on live. Discord server or something. They ran it for a period of time I can't recall how long, probably like 1-3 months, and gave a prize to the person with the highest level character. I think it was also PvP.
It was PvP and I think it lasted for about 3 months. It was a lot of fun for a short amount of time. It did not have longevity and was just about the competition of who could get the highest level within the time frame.

My buddy Pyratt got to 54 I think solo on a cleric fighting at zone lines and having DA and DB ready at all times. I on the other hand made many a gnome mage that never exceeded level 30. Not because I died in PvP but because I would do something stupid running somewhere (screw the brownies in Lfay they got me more than once haha).
Old 06-05-2019, 09:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was PvP and I think it lasted for about 3 months. It was a lot of fun for a short amount of time. It did not have longevity and was just about the competition of who could get the highest level within the time frame.

My buddy Pyratt got to 54 I think solo on a cleric fighting at zone lines and having DA and DB ready at all times. I on the other hand made many a gnome mage that never exceeded level 30. Not because I died in PvP but because I would do something stupid running somewhere (screw the brownies in Lfay they got me more than once haha).
Some really great stories in this thread-

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9364
Old 06-05-2019, 10:03 AM
Sarnak

no time to rez might still be around. They were a permadeath guild who awarded the highest lvlplayer at the time a reward
Old 06-05-2019, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

I actually would love to make an alt w them
Closed Thread