Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

His Sig says recruitment officer of Azure Guard.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He is multi talented
Old 08-18-2019, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NervousItch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Littul jonn was one of the most positive people I knew on this server. Never wanted to make a back handed or snarky comment to other guilds when posting. But I see that’s changed as he spends more time around his new riot buddy’s while they Zerg gang bang the server in to the ground. I’m sorry you lost your way buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonabis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Littul is in Aftermath, not Riot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fingering all the pies!
Old 08-18-2019, 11:43 AM
Kobold

lol still an app in AM, i'll update the sig if i get in [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Little out of character for me to start a thread in here (and i was a little buzzed off some Rainier beers haha) but it's what I was getting at in the last thread I started (Beware the Ides of March).

For a long time Nilbog and Rogen said this server should stay competitive instead of introducing features like instances or GM enforced rotations. I just see the change they made to the game reducing the number of encounters you can actually compete on. Sure any guild could invite anyone and everyone to join their guild to compete in the new meta, however, in a game that is slowly bleeding members I think the changes will ultimately doom p99 blue. It was more enjoyable to me when several smaller guilds were able to compete for targets, but these are just one Bards thoughts and opinions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-18-2019, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol still an app in AM, i'll update the sig if i get in [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Little out of character for me to start a thread in here (and i was a little buzzed off some Rainier beers haha) but it's what I was getting at in the last thread I started (Beware the Ides of March).

For a long time Nilbog and Rogen said this server should stay competitive instead of introducing features like instances or GM enforced rotations. I just see the change they made to the game reducing the number of encounters you can actually compete on. Sure any guild could invite anyone and everyone to join their guild to compete in the new meta, however, in a game that is slowly bleeding members I think the changes will ultimately doom p99 blue. It was more enjoyable to me when several smaller guilds were able to compete for targets, but these are just one Bards thoughts and opinions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I kind of agree, but I don't know how we get back to that point, 1 hour lock outs were nice for smaller guilds but the bigger guilds ended up ruining that, 2 repops a month was nice too but the requirements on pulling dragons to zone in ToV excluded many guilds unfortunately. C/R/FFA was a decent system in hindsight, and I think it's probably the best solution to the current raid scene but it isn't perfect, as it stands now though smaller guilds are just going to continue to die off or be absorbed by the top 2 guilds, and that sucks.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think AM can compete, they're just not doing so. On Vulak last night, AM/Aegis was rocking 130ish people in zone. How many trash mobs did they kill clearing down? How many guards did they kill? How many times did they attempt Vulak?

Your issue is that if you challenge your competition to do something new, they might rise to that challenge. It's a way more depressing feeling to sit back and watch than it is to try something big and fail.

Personally, I would have had a lot more respect for AM if they had gone big instead of cowering and hoping for a free Vulak.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think AM can compete, they're just not doing so. On Vulak last night, AM/Aegis was rocking 130ish people in zone. How many trash mobs did they kill clearing down? How many guards did they kill? How many times did they attempt Vulak?

Your issue is that if you challenge your competition to do something new, they might rise to that challenge. It's a way more depressing feeling to sit back and watch than it is to try something big and fail.

Personally, I would have had a lot more respect for AM if they had gone big instead of cowering and hoping for a free Vulak.
0. 0. 0.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:06 PM
Kobold

Grats on vulak and vox
Old 08-18-2019, 04:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NervousItch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Littul jonn was one of the most positive people I knew on this server. Never wanted to make a back handed or snarky comment to other guilds when posting. But I see that’s changed as he spends more time around his new riot buddy’s while they Zerg gang bang the server in to the ground. I’m sorry you lost your way buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonabis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Littul is in Aftermath, not Riot.
Quote:
Well, crap on me.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-18-2019, 05:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You're right, the AM + Aegis didn't go for it with 4 Guards and perhaps we coukd have. Something to learn for the next time.

The greater issue im getting at here is just my personal dissatisfaction with two mega guilds competing for stuff instead of allowing several smaller guilds to be able to compete.

Without rooted dragons, a larger number of guilds could compete because you only needed a few key players and classes and a little luck with spawns. Now you need a lot of time (to clear to the mob) and players ( to kill mob + adds).

Not all guilds have access to those resources and with player numbers dropping it will lead to less actual competition, in my opinion.