Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 08:48 PM
Banned

it lookIN anYthiNg but eZ moDe wiTh all ThesE clAsSic iMPlemeNTationTS
can'T !WIAT
Old 09-22-2019, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Every time I am like WAIT THIS MEANS-- I stop and remember, oh yeah who cares level 35 it's all good, bring it on!

I have been playing my human with regular gamma but then I broke down and hacked the gamma.

They said meditate and UI was impossible to force but here we are, how long until we can figure out how to force gamma? Or is that going to require quantum supremacy? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Banned

swamp supremacist detected, alt+f4ing
Old 09-23-2019, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

Server will never be classic as everyone knows everything about EQ now. On April 1999 nobody knew nothing about EQ. People didn't even know to fight near zone lines or that casters couldn't tank, lol. People thought STR made their spells hit harder and INT made them steal items better. People didn't know the guise and manastone would no longer drop.

All these new experiences are impossible to recreate unless custom content is added.

Imagine a new server with ALL new custom content using old school EQ graphics and rules...now that would be recreate the classic feel.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server will never be classic as everyone knows everything about EQ now. On April 1999 nobody knew nothing about EQ. People didn't even know to fight near zone lines or that casters couldn't tank, lol. People thought STR made their spells hit harder and INT made them steal items better. People didn't know the guise and manastone would no longer drop.

All these new experiences are impossible to recreate unless custom content is added.

Imagine a new server with ALL new custom content using old school EQ graphics and rules...now that would be recreate the classic feel.
As someone relatively new to P99, this is the potential thing I'm most excited for. I would love to see some classically-inspired custom content.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Name spelled wrong, didn’t read.
YOU HAVE STYLE I LOVE YOU HAHA
Old 09-23-2019, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnymous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello Roegan and good morning, at least, it’s morning where I am.

This video game and the community surrounding it that you’ve helped create spans across an astounding number of cultures, countries, and time zones. It’s the focal point for complete strangers with nothing in common but an old, strange game to come together and work towards something bigger than the sum of their parts. The game itself forces people to work together, more so than most online RPG’s, yet despite the necessity, I’ve seen people go above and beyond their own gains and forge genuine, lasting connections with other players. In the world we live in today, I find that positively incredible. It’s these qualities of Project 1999 that I believe are why the long-term community exists, new players are drawn to it, and thus, stands as the server’s most important aspect. While I was thinking on this, I couldn’t help but wonder what you think is most important about our community.

I wonder because I simply don’t know. I’m not sure that anyone does. You clearly care about the Project just by how much time and effort you put into it, but why? What’s your motivation? From what I’ve seen the past six months, it appears your primary goal is to create the most pure Classic Experience possible with seemingly zealous blindness. And that concerns me.

The most recent teasing of the full blackout spell book is a good example. While, yes, this is exactly how the game functioned in 1999, no reasonable video game player would want this in place. Staring at a spell book icon waiting for mana to regenerate while anxiously wondering if a mob is about to kill you is not fun. It is classic, though. Having an obsolete, awful dial up connection with a phone jack and frequent, random disconnects is not fun. It is classic, though. At what point do you balance archaic mechanics with people actually having fun and enjoying the video game?

You have seen it once with the recent pet window change. The amount of backlash and outcry from the community was enough to actually reverse that decision. I have to ask, how did you not anticipate that? Was it because ”there wasn't particularly a discussion internally regarding the sudden removal of these items that people had gotten used to over so many years” ? Was there no feedback gathered from the staff or community? Are similar decisions for Green being made right now? Is the raid scene on Blue about to be hit by another short-sighted change like the rooted dragons?

Don’t mistake my concern for anything but that. I love this community, it’s gotten me through some hard times over the years, and my motivations for writing this are solely for its benefit. Regardless of how this is received, I hope this letter imparts upon you a heavy request: do what you think is best for the community. You’ve done incredible work here and I look forward to how the next year shakes out.

With love and appreciation,
A member of the Project 1999 community
The fact you dont realize P1999 is an AI proofing ground, lol
Old 09-23-2019, 01:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

The Joe Roegan experience.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 09-23-2019, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

Roegan?
Old 09-23-2019, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Joe Roegan experience.
"Oh man, woah, dude cool story. . . You ever try crystaluzed sulpher?"
Closed Thread