Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Sarnak

To run any application in RDP that prevents it from opening, hold left CTRL then open.
Although EQ should say no 3D device found, VNC mirrors its own 3D device so it makes this possible.

Are you connected to home from work? Why dont you just VNC into your box directly? Just open 5900 and point on your home router. If your company blocks 5900 like mine does, specify a 10,000+ port instead.

Also that version of RDP is SUPER old. Get a new version ... (will remove the grids)
Last edited by Deanob; 01-27-2010 at 12:16 PM..
Old 01-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

RDP vista+ does not have the "3D device not found" problem, since it supports DirectX (wich lower versions dont)
Old 01-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

lol why bother RDT at work just buy you a 8 gig flash drive for 10 bucks and load the game onto it.... that's how i play at work.
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 01-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falisaty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol why bother RDT at work just buy you a 8 gig flash drive for 10 bucks and load the game onto it.... that's how i play at work.
You sir are brilliant
Old 01-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

well, there are people that have restrictions at work ...firewalls and such you know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-28-2010, 02:32 AM
Orc

Yeah i just copied EQ onto a 4 Gig drive and it looks like it works, nice idea /nod.. Now to figure out what to do with it lol...
Old 01-28-2010, 03:15 AM
Kobold

Thanks for all the ideas, however these are things I've considered already, I'm just trying to go about this in a way that if I ever got caught, I'd only get a slap on the wrist, not lose my job.

Luckily, my company likes to use MS RD to connect to offsite servers, so it enables me to use it as well for whatever I please.

One thing that I've been wondering though, if I were to use VNC from here (through the RD port), which is what I would prefer, would there be any way the traffic from VNC rather than RD would throw up any red flags? I'm not sure what kind of monitoring software they use though.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Planar Protector

naw usualy only ports monitored ... both use the TCP standard and both use encrypted connections
Old 01-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crappy Microsoft Remote Desktop adds gridlines when you bring it to windowed mode. H8 M$
Dude. Stop bashing Microsoft. Don't you see the gridlines start with the VNC Window INSIDE Remote Desktop?

Oh of course, it HAS to be Microsoft, LOL.

BTW: VNC does not mirror any 3D devices (wat?). It just renders locally and screenshots everything over and over. Or if you use display hook it polls through the driver directly. But still it will be only screencaps.

MS Remote Desktop does it somehow different, I really can't describe. It literally builds up the desktop in front of you and everything. It's crazy. RDP is superior to everything. Nothing can touch it.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:46 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sure if the software developers had the same type of access to the operating system's internal functions they could make something as good as RDP, but thats just the advantage of something being integrated into Windows, they can make any changes they need to inside the OS itself and be the only program hooking into them.
Closed Thread