Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 05:13 PM
Banned

Some more bullshit Rampage sympathizing. There wasn't competition the whole time, so "locking down" some dragons without competition isn't impressing anyone. The burnout came from the fact that you guys started losing more and more loot - getting only half the targets, and then having to share them with Taken.

If you didn't want to burnout right after the expansion came out (and yes, this is still RIGHT AFTER. There are still Vulak items that have never dropped.) then maybe practicing velious for months prior to the launch wasn't in your best interest. Or maybe <Rampage> just got stuck with a handful of shitty leaders that refused to do the reasonable thing and take a raid rotation when it was offered. That would solve your 24/7 3 AM batphone "crisis". But they never did that, because they are selfish scumbags.

Rampage; or rather, ex-rampage members, keep trying to portray their exit from the raid scene like they were #1 going out in a blaze of glory. But it's not fooling anyone. They withered and died in the face of competition, and Hokushin threw a childish temper-tantrum when he lost 'his' Rock of Smashing.

So in essence, Awakened is: the remnants of a shitty beaten guild, owing their name to the last childish act of a nerd getting mad about loot before they shit the proverbial P99 bed, removing items from the loot table cause of some personal vendetta nobody cares about.

Good job, can't wait to see what kind of guild Awakened is in 2 weeks.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some more bullshit Rampage sympathizing. There wasn't competition the whole time, so "locking down" some dragons without competition isn't impressing anyone. The burnout came from the fact that you guys started losing more and more loot - getting only half the targets, and then having to share them with Taken.

If you didn't want to burnout right after the expansion came out (and yes, this is still RIGHT AFTER. There are still Vulak items that have never dropped.) then maybe practicing velious for months prior to the launch wasn't in your best interest. Or maybe <Rampage> just got stuck with a handful of shitty leaders that refused to do the reasonable thing and take a raid rotation when it was offered. That would solve your 24/7 3 AM batphone "crisis". But they never did that, because they are selfish scumbags.

Rampage; or rather, ex-rampage members, keep trying to portray their exit from the raid scene like they were #1 going out in a blaze of glory. But it's not fooling anyone. They withered and died in the face of competition, and Hokushin threw a childish temper-tantrum when he lost 'his' Rock of Smashing.

So in essence, Awakened is: the remnants of a shitty beaten guild, owing their name to the last childish act of a nerd getting mad about loot before they shit the proverbial P99 bed, removing items from the loot table cause of some personal vendetta nobody cares about.

Good job, can't wait to see what kind of guild Awakened is in 2 weeks.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-16-2016, 05:44 PM
Banned

A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I kinda feel like nobody outside of Forsaken buys into the "Rampage disbanded cause they couldn't handle competing with Forsaken" rhetoric. I could hardly type that without laughing. Seems much more likely that they just burned themselves out going as hard as they did for as long as they did. I talked to several Ramp friends that said they were thinking about quitting from burnout long before Forsaken was really anywhere close to competing.

Keep patting yourselves on the back though I guess :P
Lol, I can only imagine the burnout that would taken place having zero competition in the TOV playground, must of been quite taxing. I'm fairly confident there was probably more competition fighting over the HoT mobs while countless FTE messages were going off from all the dragons up in North during prime time.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMcKracken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man because competing on this server is really what exhausts people......

I don't think having Forsaken there the past month burned them out any faster. In fact, I would say having Forsaken there probably burned them out even less compared to the first months of Velious. First months you are all concerned with server firsts, knocking out the content, putting endless hours in the game, locking down all ST keys, staying on your game. Once you are already marginally ahead of your opponents, you stop giving a shit.
Look. I wasn't in Rampage when the server started in Velious, because I didn't give a shit. I didn't see the point in farming Kunark for year and years and getting a bunch of dkp in the top guild -- l so I might be able to get the first wave of Velious loot.

So by your logic, the only reason people like me and many others weren't in the sleepers tomb first -- is because "we didn't give a shit."

The reason <Rampage> "doesn't give a shit" is because they couldn't beat our FTEs. They couldn't autofire, they couldn't get everyone in Forsaken banned for a month. When the suspensions came through and they realized they would still slowly be losing more and more as out raid force gears -- Hoku made his last raid announcement.

This is not me "trying to make them look bad." Its just facts. And let me ask you...how do you "burn out" on FTE races...when you didn't even FTE race until Forsaken was on seen? Especially considering they were constantly recruiting people that were willing to track.

For someone supposedly unbiased...you seem to be working over time to preserve the myth that Rampage quit because they already won.

Its classic EQ...we all already won
Old 02-16-2016, 10:04 PM
Fire Giant

People still play this game?
Old 02-16-2016, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

Asgard is recruiting guys, join Asgard today!!!

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 02-16-2016, 10:57 PM
Banned

People still play WoW?
Old 02-16-2016, 11:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not me "trying to make them look bad." Its just facts.
Do you have a source you pulled these "facts" from? Besides Detoxx's asshole, I mean.

Also: Sleeper's Tomb*, our*, It's*, scene*, It's*
Old 02-16-2016, 11:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMcKracken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't in Rampage, so I don't know. But I can't see one person throwing a tantrum over the rock of smashing causing a good portion of the guild to say "Ok, you didn't get your item, lets all quit." I think it was moreover that Rampage wanted all the server firsts, they didn't really care about rotation and like the fact of dominating the server. Everyone had the same opportunity from release to compete for those server firsts. Just because it took you guys 4 month to muster a force and compete when they already completed 90% of those server firsts doesn't mean they ran in the face of competition. If this were the case, 2 years from now, when someone else musters up a force and forsaken gets burned out....people will claim the exact same thing. In order to take competition in a real sense you have determine from release of the expansion up until every server first has been completed.

And you're right Vulak loot still hasn't dropped yet but once you've completed 90% of the server firsts, waiting for those last 2 times to obtain that server first over several months is almost more of a pain in the ass.

I agree with you the expansion is still fresh but......given all this content was beaten 12 years ago, 6 months is quite a while when you can kill almost all mobs within the first 2 weeks of the expansion being released.

Either way, I don't care but I just always see the TMO/Forsaken members ruining to the forums to taint the image of another guild to try and make themselves look better. Look back on the history of these forums and see people like - Alarti, Tiggles, Lazie, you, prismaticshop - the list goes on and on.
Rampage wanted all the server firsts, so they got them (and then continued to farm them for months), but then got burnt out on raiding coincidentally just as FA was beating them to all the FTEs and getting the lion's share of the mobs, and decided to quit 6 months into a new expansion. That's a ridiculous assertion.

Firstly, who wants server firsts that much on an emulated server of content beaten 15 years ago? There's no such thing as a server first, in my opinion, when actual first kills on those mobs are old enough to have gone through puberty. I doubt even Rampage is that conceited and petty.

Second, if they wanted the firsts, why didnt they just get them and leave? And if they wanted the loot, why didn't they stay around to get it? Your story has too many holes. I can't say why Rampage didn't have competition early on because I wasn't here; I got here a few months ago and have simply been watching their guild slowly lose more and more content and try to lawyer and exploit their way back into prominence.

Maybe it's ridiculous to think 20 people would agree to quit because of Hokushin's rock of smashing, but I doubt he phrased it that way. 20 people probably would quit simply because Hokushin quit though, regardless of the circumstances. Ontop of that, Rampage's ploy to FRAPS every single thing Forsaken did in order to try and get them raid suspended or banned failed, so their hopes of lawyering back to #1 were dashed. I imagine that is why they quit, because that was their last maneuver to try and remain relevant.
Closed Thread