Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Default List Questions

Have there been any specifics about how this feature will actually work (other than the general information from Nilbog) yet?

There are a lot of specific scenarios that I have questions about that probably would benefit from testing to iron out the wrinkles, but time until launch is running low.

Some questions:

1. Does dying/zoning remove you from the list? If so might this encourage trains to wipe or force someone to zone and lose their spot on the list?

2. Does a timer start when the ph pops that will remove the top person from the list if they don't engage fast enough? If not what keeps someone from letting the person behind do all the work and then just looting the item afterwards?

3. What happens if someone can't keep up with the PH cycle? Will they somehow get bumped from the list? How much time are they allowed or is their no limit?

4. What happens if someone dies, but the mob is killed by someone else after they wipe?

5. Are people allowed to sell loot rights? (IE. /auction I am currently number 2 on the guise list, WTS loot rights" --- is this even possible with the mechanics of the new feature?

6. Nilbog said something about passing "afk tests" to remain on the list...is this only the person at the top of the list? Or are you expected to be at your keyboard even when you're #8 in line at the AC?

I have more questions, but I am mostly just wondering how this will work and if its been tested with folks looking for exploits.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:22 PM
Fire Giant

Imagine yourself being say 20th on the list for manastone. Maybe 1 manastone will drop a day on average. Be prepared to leave your computer on for 20 days straight never leaving the camp/zone for that period of time to get yours! Going to be rough. I can't even imagine how draining it's going to be even when your 3rd or 4th on the list... so close yet it could still be days...
Old 10-03-2019, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillgiantchamp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine yourself being say 20th on the list for manastone. Maybe 1 manastone will drop a day on average. Be prepared to leave your computer on for 20 days straight never leaving the camp/zone for that period of time to get yours! Going to be rough. I can't even imagine how draining it's going to be even when your 3rd or 4th on the list... so close yet it could still be days...
Right...there is this, which is how it should be: hard.

Then there is bull crap which is being on line for two days only to get trained and zone/die and lose your spot. Trains happen at classic camps, especially in dungeons, when folks aren't even trying to be jerks...nevermind if someone is intentionally finding a way to do it.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

People will be training on purpose to eliminate people on lists.
Get your OBS installed.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People will be training on purpose to eliminate people on lists.
Get your OBS installed.
This would be a disaster if true. Petitions would be made and server staff would either have to spend as much time sorting out the problem as they would have without a list system or they will just let the mechanic work itself --- which would only encourage BS.
Closed Thread