Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

How interesting! The non-KoS to trolls/ogres is definitely surprising!
Old 04-02-2021, 11:44 AM
Banned

NeriWACK
Old 04-04-2021, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

You inspired me to go into NeriakC and hand in some 3 back packs of wine I picked up from a gypsy on my iksar warrior.

This was enough to get to dubious on the guards, but sadly am threatening to The Dead. Will go to befallen and mess up a princess to fix that.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You inspired me to go into NeriakC and hand in some 3 back packs of wine I picked up from a gypsy on my iksar warrior.

This was enough to get to dubious on the guards, but sadly am threatening to The Dead. Will go to befallen and mess up a princess to fix that.
You mean Najena? Yup that is a path to fixing up The Dead faction. There's also a couple of gnomes in Steamfont. It's a little annoying of a faction to work on but at least there are options.

My main concerns were The Spurned, Neriak Trolls and Neriak Ghouls, the factions that are absolutely not possible to work on for the most part. I'm still playing with a bit of faith that a skeleton illusion will be enough to turn in notes to the Spurned. Neriak Trolls is at least starting as Dubious so as long as I avoid kiling in the Neriak arena later I should be okay. Neriak Ghouls, while they will forever be scowling, I can at least just make sure to have a skeleton pet up or something while I'm enjoying the Maiden's Fancy in the Third Gate, lol.

For you as a warrior I do worry about how you'll handle the Priests of Innoruuk on top of that. Maybe some balls of golem clay will help.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:20 AM
Planar Protector

Yes, i meant Najena. Thank you for the clarification. It’s inportant to be able to visit the maiden’s fancy without too much harassment!

Regarding The Spurned, I’ve tried fixing them on my red warrior by handing in Master Whopal’s head repeatedly. Despite spending many cloudy potions in the process (pp down the drain!), Spurned seems to remain threateningly. It must be a rather small hit. Also be warned, The Dead faction will drop in the process.

I think i’ll try a different way if there is one for the green warrior!
Old 04-04-2021, 06:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, i meant Najena. Thank you for the clarification.

Regarding The Spurned, I’ve tried fixing them on my red warrior by handing in Master Whopal’s head repeatedly. Despite spending many cloudy potions in the process (pp down the drain!), Spurned seems to remain threateningly. It must be a rather small hit. Also be warned, The Dead faction will drop in the process.
Yep as long as you can turn in the heads and the leatherfoot raider orders you can build up The Spurned faction. And the Dead hits are pretty small. I think one gnome kill in Steamfont will cover about 10 turnins, at least.

Just being able to get the stuff to the guy is the real concern.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:27 AM
Planar Protector

You can hand in halfling heads by standing outside the guild and using 3rd person to open trade window over the wall then have someone invis you (or quaff a potion) before hitting trade.

I didn’t realise the orders had a positive hit for spurned. It’s been a while since i did the full quest. Is that part easy too?
Old 04-04-2021, 06:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
You can hand in halfling heads by standing outside the guild and using 3rd person to open trade window over the wall then have someone invis you (or quaff a potion) before hitting trade.

I didn’t realise the orders had a positive hit for spurned. It’s been a while since i did the full quest. Is that part easy too?
Ah gotcha. I've always struggled with those weird tricks and I always figured they were futile if you didn't have sneak anyway. xD

The orders are an equally viable pathway to building up that faction, just tedious. All you have to do is run back and forth from Neriak and West Commons.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bringing this thread back up as I just went on a little adventure. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I had posted this question on the P99 Reddit as well as here, and I was having a hard time getting straight detailed answers for what I was looking for. So ultimately I buckled down and decided, however tough it would be, to get it done myself!

Meet Kreevoss, the aspiring ambasaddor to the Teir'Dal!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

First I had a level 5 monk alt buy the Invisibility vs Undead spell for this necromancer. I dropped it near the Tower of Death in Cabilis and proceeded to create him. My plan was to brave Warsliks Woods and head to the Overthere, and hope that this spell would be enough to get me onto the boat.

Things got bumpy from the very beginning though as it turns out a level 1 Iksar necromancer with maxxed out INT does not have enough mana to cast Invis to Undead! So grudgingly I ran over to the Field of Bone to pump out a level as quickly as possible. With level 2 in hand and enough mana to cast my spell, I made the perilous trek across the forest. Kreevoss followed the road to the giant fort, skirted the walls, narrowly avoided some nasty goblins, and with a little luck made it to the zoneline! Until...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Son of a sarnak! I was curious about that and looked it up. Apparently there's a little bit of a history with this server and some low level iksar griefing with something called MQ, and that failsafe was put into place to try to prevent it. Interesting, but inconvenient right now! Not really sure what else to do, I decided to just break down and ask a Dial a Porter for aid. Luckily a very kind druid named Kalora took on the job. She got me to Lavastorm with an invis, SoW and Levitate and with her help I was able to breach the walls of Neriak with ease. I also recieved a bind once inside, knowing I would not be returning.

My troll shaman proceeded to come out to pay Kalora for a job well done with a hundred platinum and my heartfelt thanks. The same shaman also brought a couple of Cloudy Potions for the brave iksar who then proceeded to scan the dark city of Innoruuk's children and its many factions. Also, a thank you to an ogre shaman named Hedsnak for getting me through the gate one more time after a death with an invis.

The results are as follows, as a newbie Iksar Necromancer using no skeleton illusion and having made no impact to faction previously.

Neriak Trolls (Karnan) - Dubious. This was the one I was mostly curious about.
Neriak Ogre (Jacker) - Indifferent. I think these guys are indifferent to everyone by default.
Dreadguard Outer - Scowls. Saw that coming, but easily fixable.
Dreadguard Inner is very likely the same, but both will get fixed at the same time.
The Dead (X'Ta Tempi) - Dubious. Promising! Will be a journey to fix, but it is doable.
Dark Bargainers - Indifferent. Good! Means I don't need to wait till 34 to fix it the majority of them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indigo Brotherhood (Seloxia Punox) - Dubious. Easily fixable but good to know there will be less work.
The Spurned (Shanez X'Teria) - Threatening. Worrying, but my Human Innoruuk Necromancer faced the same issue and it was fixable once he earned Call of Bones. Here's hoping she will look at a Cazic skeleton close to the same way.
Priests of Innoruuk (Perrir Zexus) - Threatening. Same deal as above there.
Neriak Ghouls (a ghoul) - Scowls. Pity, but at least they won't be much of a problem as a higher level necromancer. Only if someone decided to train them for some reason to where I would be sitting AFK for an hour or so in the Third Gate.
I unfortunately did not test the Hall of the Ebon Mask (Tani N'Mar), but that faction is redeemable as well. Just gotta beat up some certain silly dwarves in BB.

Interestingly, this level 2 uninvised iksar was able to run around the Ogre/Troll section of the Neriak FQ with impunity, unharmed and able to sell. Something useful to know for when you need a temporary base in that part of the world before doing faction works.

In conclusion, after this thorough investigation, I feel confident in rolling an Iksar Necromancer and knowing I will largely be able to hang out all around in my favorite city in the game!

Thank you for reading. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So sub-level 5s are able to roam between continents again? I remember not being able to go into Mistmoore on a low level high elf.
Closed Thread