Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht Farstrider [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just get a set of banded. That's what I just did. Only 80pp for the whole set. Granted I look gay in the gold sequin, but I dont really care about looks.
That's the thing though, as a bard you ONLY get in groups based on how cool you look, right guys? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht Farstrider [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just get a set of banded. That's what I just did. Only 80pp for the whole set. Granted I look gay in the gold sequin, but I dont really care about looks.
The basic armor textures are kinda "meh". Consider tossing in the Velious textures early.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...0&postcount=16

The second download option is the one with the killer tizmak graphics applied to all leather, et. I use it with no regrets.

Another option is to skip bronze entirely, and go for fine plate. Grab full banded initially, with some exceptions for high AC / common junk drop replacements, like Lumberjack's Cap, Thick Leather Apron or Straw Spun Belt, etc. Sometime in your late teens or whatever, head to zones to skill up tailoring to where patchwork is maxed out and making leather paddings is trivial. Then hunt the crap and make your own leather paddings.

The goal then is to gather materials and make a deal for a smith to make you Fineplate pieces at a discount (since you did a lot of gathering on your own). Again, weigh the options of fineplate price vs. common plate quality drop items that sell at a common low price.

Bronze is neat, but the weight vs. AC gain is pretty crappy. I'd skip it entirely if I could.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Banned

i remember outfitting my guy w/ bronze by just buying the pieces off of vendors. i forgot which exactly had them, but some gypsies in oasis do, the dark elves in south ro usually have a piece or two, and the armorer in north or east freeport has some.

as far as i know they're only like 3pp per piece or less when you buy them from vendors (memory may be fuzzy though)
Old 09-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Banned

east commonlands innkeepers will sometimes have a piece when people hunting in DL come back to sell their crap. i'd run around that whole region of antonica and check vendors
Old 09-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Fire Giant

I have nearly an entire set of Blackened Iron armor from that goblin dungeon from mucking around the other day. It's only missing the hat (which is what I wanted) and the sleeves but you can have the rest of it for free if you want. It's like banded only it's BLACK so it looks bitchin! Send me a PM on here if you want. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 09-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

If solb is a good place for it, try the druid vendor at the druid rings in lavastorm id assume you might get lucky?
Old 09-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Aviak

kill nybrights, buy lambent
Old 09-13-2013, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

I see Bronze gear a lot at the Druid Ring Vendors.
Closed Thread