Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 08:14 AM
Large Rat

Default Level 24 Druid help

Hello I just reinstalled p99. I have a 24 druid on green, not geared and I'm new to the game. Where is a good place to grind, and what is a good tactic to use?
Old 06-10-2021, 09:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfish99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello I just reinstalled p99. I have a 24 druid on green, not geared and I'm new to the game. Where is a good place to grind, and what is a good tactic to use?
The hermit in south karana is a good camp and the gnolls south east of the hermit should be yellow (or will be at 25).

Check out the druid guides for other ideas https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure

I highly recommend joining Dial a Port as a new player on the server with a Druid. You do not need to wait until you are 29 to join, ask a guild member in game for more info. Once in the guild the other members will be a great resource for helpful pointers.
Last edited by cadoipi; 06-10-2021 at 09:45 AM..
Old 06-10-2021, 09:50 AM
Large Rat

Thank you for the response! I will do that.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Can’t beat the music near the hermit’s hut either.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 06-10-2021, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Well, at that level and without much gear you could certainly consider doing the giant fort in warsliks in the hopes you can get some earrings to drop, they also drop a few other things that might prove useful to you until you replace them with something better. it's a semi-dangerous journey so be sure to keep camo up. The shaman in warsilks can be particularly problematic since they will have SoW up.

Use harmony to avoid adds if/when needed and then pick if you want to use root or snares and then if you want to use DoTs or nukes. There is a good chance that you are a halfling or wood elf so you can AFK the camp pretty safely using hide. Nuking is generally preferred if AFKing between kills.

if its too crowded and you can't/don't find a group you could try your hand at charm-killing the lower level mobs at The Overthere. might want to watch some videos/read some guides on charming for exp. it's actually fairly simple for a druid to do if you are outdoors SoW+ snares make the whole process much less complex than it might appear to be compared to enchanters. In OT you would probably want to pull both your potential charm target and the non charm target back towards the zone edge where you can safely fight without getting wandering adds. let them fight until one or both is low health. Break charm with invis or hide and then finish off the rest of the HPs on both of them. Finding a partner that can either charm or has a pet will make the whole process much easier/mana efficient.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

get comfy charming

enjoy the express ride to 60
Old 06-10-2021, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Bare Bones Charming info (starts at level 24!)
https://wiki.project1999.com/Balers_...d_Leveling_Tip

What I did was fight my charmed pet against another mob of similar strength then invis-release when they were both at low life and fleeing. 1 nuke both of them and get 2 exp kills.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:16 PM
Large Rat

Thank you so much for all the responses! Appreciate it very much!
Old 06-11-2021, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

oasis crocs prob a good spot to cut your teeth charming

when you get it down...at some point in your early 30s CT gators are going to be the expressway and you'll be giddy like a kid

https://wiki.project1999.com/Druid_C...e_by_Angelhawk
Old 06-11-2021, 04:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, at that level and without much gear you could certainly consider doing the giant fort in warsliks in the hopes you can get some earrings to drop, they also drop a few other things that might prove useful to you until you replace them with something better. it's a semi-dangerous journey so be sure to keep camo up. The shaman in warsilks can be particularly problematic since they will have SoW up.

Use harmony to avoid adds if/when needed and then pick if you want to use root or snares and then if you want to use DoTs or nukes. There is a good chance that you are a halfling or wood elf so you can AFK the camp pretty safely using hide. Nuking is generally preferred if AFKing between kills.

if its too crowded and you can't/don't find a group you could try your hand at charm-killing the lower level mobs at The Overthere. might want to watch some videos/read some guides on charming for exp. it's actually fairly simple for a druid to do if you are outdoors SoW+ snares make the whole process much less complex than it might appear to be compared to enchanters. In OT you would probably want to pull both your potential charm target and the non charm target back towards the zone edge where you can safely fight without getting wandering adds. let them fight until one or both is low health. Break charm with invis or hide and then finish off the rest of the HPs on both of them. Finding a partner that can either charm or has a pet will make the whole process much easier/mana efficient.
In everfrost peaks I would drag mamoths back to the guard, let him DPS it down, charm, drag pet off away from guard, break charm and kill. Not sure if this would work for calfs - you'd have to time charm very precisely.
Closed Thread