Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 01:23 AM
Kobold

Default Intro to Raiding pt. 2: KT

“Vulak is where the Empire falls. But KT is where the revolution begins.”

Because of his quality loot table plus guaranteed head, KT is arguably the best raid mob in the game, and usually the first FtE to go out on a quake.

And would you believe it? If you can kill Vindi, you should be able to kill KT. There’s only a few extra little wrinkles involved…

1) KT only spawns every 7 days instead of 3x a day.
2) KT spawns within a 16 hour window instead of 2
3) KT is an official raid mob and subject to current raid rules meta.

When you put it that way. I don’t know why every lvl 5 bard doesn’t have a Custom Crown of The Kromzek Kings to go with their Chestplate of Vindication. Let’s analyze this step by step and see if we can’t square this circle.

Issue #1; Supply vs demand.

KTs loot table looks like this:

2AEFAC28-EF2F-4757-8741-D863892ACE2B.jpg

Drops the head every time - can be turned into Yelinak for FTII priest boots.
Plus another 2-4 items (I believe) with maybe equal odds? I dunno I’m not a neck beard who’s keeps track of this kinda longitudinal data.

So compared to Vindi. KT has more varied and quality loot. And usually a spawns once for every 21 times Vindi spawns. More desired mob. Available less often. Stands to reason you’d expect a lot more competition over KT than Vindi.

Issue #2: Tracking.

16 hours is a long time. If you sleep for 8 hours a day there’s a 95% chance you’ll sleep through part of his window. And maybe around 33% chance you sleep through half of it.

You may want to coordinate with some like minded people.

Issue #3: Rules of Engagement.

Currently KT is a race mob. Not so long ago it was a Coth pull. Fwiw, racing allows more time for you to turn in your Dain head I’d you’ve got one. And there’s even a 3 minute pause before races begin currently (either for first half of window - or maybe the whole thing now? Meta changes are hard to keep up with).

How do you race for FTe? Simple! Just run as straight as you can, like this:

705E80ED-A3A0-46CB-B0B5-BB11A800D59C.jpg

Ket within range of putting agro into KT. Maybe use an instant cast clickie? Then lead him back to your friends just like you would Vindi. Tank and spank. Loot em up. Enjoy the spoils.

There’s also currently a quarterly draft. So two reasons to kill Vinci: get qualified for draft, and practice for KT. Plus Vindi loot. And fun.

Does he rampage? Does he enrage? How much damage does he max in a round? Is he slowable? What pause should a CH chain follow (both slowed and unslowed - if applicable)? How many clerics are needed to sustain the CH chain and ramp heals? How many are needed to be mana neutral or positive?

You can memorize all these facts. Or, if you have a 4th grade math ability, a calculator, and the wiki, you can figure all this out basically as soon as you need it. Different strokes.

More than anything, I hope you enjoy the journey!
Old 07-21-2021, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

If KT warps on pull it should be killed at his archway like we used to on Velious release. Zlandicar has warped since day 1 and it was ruled that he cannot be pulled to entrance, the same should be done here. Statue should be killed after see invis for the same reasons.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If KT warps on pull it should be killed at his archway like we used to on Velious release. Zlandicar has warped since day 1 and it was ruled that he cannot be pulled to entrance, the same should be done here. Statue should be killed after see invis for the same reasons.
No need to with the current Kael rule set. 5 minute FTE lock was a thing of beauty. Thanks Galach and company!