Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Fire Giant

Default Socializing...

It's always fun to meet friendly people, especially when they're in such a splendid mood...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

So how come when you get healed it tells you the exact amount the heal hit for? It doesn't do that on my UI.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 07-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Banned

Someone in Fishbait being a dbag? This is breaking news.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

I would have put him on ignore when he started spam hailing, then again this guy might already be on my list.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

May as well repost:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 07-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Kobold

If they didn't need another then they didn't need another; I get annoyed when I politely decline someone and they try to argue their way into the group. It just makes the person you're asking feel awkward.

For a while I only duo'd with my brother, because the xp was insanely fast and there wasn't a need for anyone else. Countless times I had people first ask, then try to persuade, and finally give up and turn into spiteful aholes over it- and not be me attacking them. When you refuse enough, even politely, they usually end up leaving off with a caustic remark about being antisocial or a whole other plethora of things. Like you saying "karma's a bitch." He didn't want to group with you, is that so wrong?

I wouldn't have been an ass about saying no like that guy, but yeah. I can definitely sympathize with not wanting to be annoyed when you've already declined and someone refuses to take no for an answer. Nothing against you, but you posted it on the forums, and that's weak enough as it is.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Also you got to understand, if they are a trio group then they are probably a group of friends that take random afks when they feel the need to. Not wanting to group with someone who is outside of the group of friends is just easier and no pressure to not afk when they need/want to
Old 07-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

gauntlets hotkey intrigues me
Old 07-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

I'm mixed on this.

This is a social game, people should want to group. Assclowns who won't group with people because it will make them suffer a few % slower leveling rate piss me off. This is a social fucking game, these people were obviously selfish.

That beig said, I do play with a group of 9 friends who are never all on at the same time, so we run groups of 4-5 to places. We don't ask others to join us, but we don't decline people who ask, like these clowns - that's just douchebaggery.

This is what these kids get for playing wow and getting everything handed to them.

The guy who posted right below you is a grand example - use no more than what's required, because we don't need to be nice, at least once, to people just wanting to group.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 07-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Kobold

The game can be played any way one chooses, and to call one style of playing that does not harm others "douchebaggery" over another simply because YOU personally disagree is, quite frankly, a child's mien.

I don't really like the complications additional people bring if they're not necessary. This is a video game, and it does not define the social highlights of my life; nor should one be forced to group with anyone who asks or be branded a douchebag/antisocial.

In fact, I've spent countless hours on my Enchanter running through random zones buffing people; I like helping people, which is why I play an Ench as my main. There are simply times for everything, and when I'm xping I don't want to waste time dying or spending countless hours grinding for very small gains.

Blanket statements about people = fail. Forgive me if I have a life. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Closed Thread