Yes 27 28.13%
No 14 14.58%
George Bush coughed on the towers 55 57.29%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a hypothesis I expect demographics play a role as well in addition to likely under-reporting. Highly-developed western countries have hordes of old people who're already living on borrowed time. Not as many sickly old people in lesser-developed nations living long enough to be likely to die from coronavirus.

One of the wife's uncles has advanced stage 4 pancreatic cancer and he has covid now too. They expect him to last about 1-3 weeks but it's a toss-up as to what'll actually finish him off. Either way I'll call it a cancer death.

Danth
Japan has the oldest people in the world and there's 126 million of them, all tightly packed like...never mind, too tired for racist metaphors, let's just say it's amazing they're reporting 1,733 deaths to date.

Is it because in Japan they don't have nursing homes? Don't they shame the old for being useless so they all hang themselves in their homes or that terrifying forest instead?

We have people in Japan! Hey, why aren't your old people dying? (of covid I mean).
Old 10-29-2020, 10:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, they will protest and riot and it will make BLM look like a joke. Unlike blacks, rednecks aren’t pussies. I hope there won’t be blood, but sadly I think the rednecks are going to bring a lot of pain to a lot of people before the Mormons show up and declare imperium
They will protest, I highly doubt they will riot. That just hasn't been the track record for the last... 30 years at least.

I honestly can't remember a "right wing" riot in american history, like not even one, let alone one that went on for six months. And to be clear riot = violent destruction of other people's property (including their actual human body) and opportunistic looting. Protest = chanting stuff and standing around with various placards.
Last edited by douglas1999; 10-29-2020 at 10:35 PM..
Old 10-29-2020, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s a German show so its subtitled, but the Romans speak Latin and I have a woody
If you ever want to sound super-pretentious mention that they're using sermo vulgaris which would most likely be historically correct. Sigh to signal your exasperation with the common arts always using sermo latinus like it was a thing and say something witty about intellectual laziness. That and a good tweed can get you laid in certain university libraries.

Very hard to understand why these actors are using the formal conjugation! Ah ah aaaaaah.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Cicero was still prominent in AD 9 and so was that type of Latin among the intellectuals. Furthermore, the legions were still mostly Italian soldiers who had been thoroughly latinized, as the provinces, at that point, paid taxes but the Italian possessions supplied soldiers but did not have taxes levied.

I’m still happy to see Latin not rendered as British English, which it almost always in in historical fiction. I just wish this show weren’t about the one great Roman defeat in a thousand year history of the foundations of everything current mankind values
Old 10-29-2020, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

I hate it when actors say stuff I can't understand!

Someone leans in threateningly, the electricity is palpable as the protagonists get close enough to touch....

MOK LOK TOK DOK DOK DOK GAH WAH! GAH WAH! GAH WAH BAH!

I'm reading the bottom of the screen to see what it all means! Hlep.

Handsome Edit:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have a hard enough time with Sean Bean! He's ordering his crack squad of rifles and there's witty banter I mean I assume there's witty banter but all I hear is Oi roi is them offs de noy roi moy oi. Raht sah! Oy de noy ah roite na bai de nai! And they all laugh I want to laugh with them - I feel like Sean Bean is laughing at me, yeah keep laughing I know what happens to you 23 times after this series.

Glad ye decided to turn immortal now, ye mumblin son of a Dublin whore, ayeh?
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 10-29-2020 at 11:04 PM..
Old 10-29-2020, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And people think the term fake news is a joke. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://greenwald.substack.com/p/art...biden-censored

And the article in question has been "printed" as it were.

Shorter read than I thought. But then again he was upfront it was an opinion piece not in-depth investigative journalism.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:18 PM
Fire Giant

Trump wins in a close race to 270 and the snowflakes melt.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have people in Japan! Hey, why aren't your old people dying? (of covid I mean).
Beats me! I was simply tossing out a hypothesis that may account for some other nations. Wasn't trying to be all-inclusive. It's a big world, there'll be a lot of factors in play. Japan probably cares for its elderly better than the U.S. does, though. I do not highly regard nursing home care in the United States to put it mildly.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:38 PM
Fire Giant

Can someone tell me why the liberal fake news lame stream media is lying to me and telling me Biden is winning when he really isn't?

Shouldn't they be telling me it's close so I don't decide to skip the polls and attend a #BLM rally instead?
Old 10-29-2020, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

I take your point Hobart, but to be fair they did the same shit in 2016

I’m guessing the Trumpian answer is that the media is based out of DC and NYC amd doesn’t have the pulse of “real America,” which is a land of obese diabetics who’d rather kill each other than wear masks