Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 02:07 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Old School UI?

Hello,

My girl wants to check out EQ because of all the old stories I've told her, and she loves oldschool games. The older the better, and I showed her the old EQ UI

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

She wants to play it like that, so do I. Is there any way to do this? It's maximum nostalgia for me considering that's how I started playing the game back in the day.

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2020, 10:03 AM
Sarnak

Nope. Not possible with the titanium client.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:37 AM
Decaying Skeleton

There is a "stone ui" that sorta works, though it crashes client when you zone. You can see ZaideGod used it in recent SSF streams on twitch. There are also missing parts.

But yeah unless someone spends time looking for the reason of the crash, consider it not working.

One issue Zaide mentioned is the velious ui on p99 doesn’t feature the "shortcut bar". It’s the window with buttons to open inventory, spells etc. Which was reskinned to form the top lef5 of the ‘faBBe classic ui’.

I’ve onl6 dabbled with p99 for now. If this is true my hunch is a fix would necessitate to ‘fake’ the top left of that stone ui... the buttons wouldn’t work but at least the ui would cover the sides correctly.

Also screen resolution much higher now. On my 1440p monitor I’d need it to fit a 1600x1200 window at the very least... but the UI doesn’t scale at all so we’re at the limit of tiny text / tiny icons.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:51 PM
Banned

there is a pretty close replica of it on the internet somewhere but it would only work on

the blue/red server
Closed Thread