Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 01:42 PM
Banned

If solo then melee characters really struggle beyond level 10 without amazing gear.

So start to look for a Healer partner duo or a group of 3-4 folks or even a full group.

The zone of Unrest's population has gone down some since server start and it is most likely a good place to look starting with yard trash groups. If you flag down a wizard or druid you should be able to get a free port if you ask nicely. Get a sow and invis to get to Unrest safely.

If you do really want to stick to solo then leverage higher level buffs. Ask a Druid for Skin Like Nature, Chloro, and Thorns when you are near druid rings. Ask for Reso/Symbol from Clerics. Ask for Talisman from Shaman. As a young character most are willing to help if you ask.

Good luck
Last edited by Seducio; 11-10-2020 at 01:45 PM..
Old 11-10-2020, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Use the wiki to look up information for quests to help you.

At level 9 it gets trickier. You should group. If you solo you are going to need to take it slow.

This is not a game where you are supposed to level up doing quests on repeat like some other games. It really is about killing monsters over and over again, and exploring dungeons. This happens in groups.

As a rogue, soloing for you is quite bad. Who brought you to blackburrow anyways? You would have had a better time leveling to level 8 in misty thicket, then going over to commonlands to find friends to adventure further. Mostly, qeynos side of the world is less full of players to group with.

Try to make it fun, adventure. Don't die! Look at maps
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use the wiki to look up information for quests to help you.

At level 9 it gets trickier. You should group. If you solo you are going to need to take it slow.

This is not a game where you are supposed to level up doing quests on repeat like some other games. It really is about killing monsters over and over again, and exploring dungeons. This happens in groups.

As a rogue, soloing for you is quite bad. Who brought you to blackburrow anyways? You would have had a better time leveling to level 8 in misty thicket, then going over to commonlands to find friends to adventure further. Mostly, qeynos side of the world is less full of players to group with.

Try to make it fun, adventure. Don't die! Look at maps
I have been using the Wiki to look up information, but am unable to trigger quests. I’m not sure how to activate quests. I have not completed a quest so far. I did quest in Misty Thicket to lvl 8, but was told to hit Black Burrow for the knoll fangs, said you can get a lot of XP doing it. Still am not sure who to hand these in to though. I guess I will try to get a ride to common lands then. I would like to group for sure, but I have noticed there aren’t as many players over here.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:52 PM
Banned

Default Another suggestion

Use the /who command to find appropriate level group mates.

Type /who 8 12

This would return players in your zone who are good to level with. Note their name and then send them a /tell asking to group.

It's a great way to meet people and make friends to level up together. If someone does not respond or says no then just ask others. Lots of friendly folks.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ players on a newish server end up falling into a handful of different paths.

a. Play for a few hours and move on - Gave it a go.
b. Play for a few days and move on - Not for them.
c. Play for a few months until something new captures their attention. journey unfinished. -50% of folks
d. Play for a few years - Burn out after min/maxing or raiding seeing the end or giving up.
e. Play for a few decades - Nostalgia wins. New server options. The folks you are talking to on this thread.
i've ended up in column d and e too many times [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2020, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldiri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been using the Wiki to look up information, but am unable to trigger quests. I’m not sure how to activate quests. I have not completed a quest so far. I did quest in Misty Thicket to lvl 8, but was told to hit Black Burrow for the knoll fangs, said you can get a lot of XP doing it. Still am not sure who to hand these in to though. I guess I will try to get a ride to common lands then. I would like to group for sure, but I have noticed there aren’t as many players over here.
There's a temporary suspension on quest XP so don't spend any time on quests that don't yield an item reward you want. If you have items like gnoll fangs or belt turn-ins you should hold them for the next 4 weeks and then you can try to turn them all in if you are still in a good level range. If not, your next alt will be ready to rock and roll.

I don't super recommend Blackburrow for a few reasons:

1.) Gnoll Fang Quest nerfing to no XP right now = less people PLing/grouping there.
2.) Corpse Runs are slow and painful.
3.) Crushbone is superior even with the belt market temporarily destroyed.
4.) Might be a fun Adventure to make the Misty > Gfay run and get bound in Kelethin. Can easily do 8-16 in cCushbone and then start hitting up unrest for amazing dungeon xp and some good starter loot.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:14 AM
Kobold

Rogue is one of the few classes that are very difficult as a first character, especially if you dont know what you are doing.

Warrior, Rogue and to some degree Clerics really rely on getting a group. Even a duo will be sufficient, rogues are awesome duoing partner for anyone that can generate aggro. Ask people. Send tells. Check wiki/forums for popular group spots (Everquest is huge). For rogue, it's more about groups but every groups wants them because they are so big in their role: melee dps in a group.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Last edited by Exard3k; 11-11-2020 at 06:27 AM..
Old 11-11-2020, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

[QUOTE=Haldiri;3202280]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shourty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It’ funny now, in hind sight. This game keeps you on your toes. Death really could be just around the corner. Fortunately in this case, my corpse was easy to locate! 😀
You're obviously not playing a dark elf. Accidentally attack the Priest of Discord where you are 'born' and you'll spawn two zones away with no clue how to get back!

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 11-11-2020, 02:33 PM
Kobold

[QUOTE=aspomwell;3209800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldiri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You're obviously not playing a dark elf. Accidentally attack the Priest of Discord where you are 'born' and you'll spawn two zones away with no clue how to get back!
Learning how things work in Neriak the hard way. Totally classic. Especially funny as SK/Necro trying to find your guild. Even with maps available it's not that trivial.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Old 11-11-2020, 04:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Appreciate all the input. I got a little help and port to commons. Got attacked while porting, and game crashed, attacked by griffin twice while loggin in, I was almost lvl 10, but just de-leveled to 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]