Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 03:28 PM
Aviak

Default Statistics on research page drops

I have been thinking for a while now that mage drops are very rare, so I decided to do some investigating today.

I've spent 9 hours in unrest killing 24-33 mobs which, according to the wiki, have an equal chance of dropping a research material.

We were clearing the entire basement cycle at a solid pace, ahead of respawns, aside from 2 cycles where replacements were coming in. There were 22 mobs that were being cleared at a rate every 21 minutes. Approximately 594 mobs were killed during our extended session.

Here are my (actually quite surprising) findings:

84 necro pages.
62 chanter pages.
36 wizard runes.
0 mage pages (but 1 gloves of rallos zek dropped...).

The level of imbalance is so severe that I'm seriously considering that there is a quite fundamental bug, rather than just a decreased drop rate.

I am going to continue to monitor this as I progress through the levels. Any other thoughts as towards why this is happening would be useful to assist me.

GMs - I would also welcome your thoughts...
Last edited by Pozzey; 11-10-2019 at 03:31 PM..
Old 11-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

I've been soloing in Najena for a week. Many runes, necro and ench pages. Zero mage. I've been happy as ench, but boy it must be rough to be a mage.

On a side note, the level of content I've been killing has been dropping lvl 16 and 20 research components. An occasional lvl 24 peice. Zero mage though. None.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Level 35 Mage now. I have witnessed about 5 - 6 drops of Words of Dimension, 1 drop of Words of Coercion, total from level 1 to 35 which was all spent grouping in dungeons. Maybe 12 - 20 of the Gloves of Rallos/Jade Shard/Ice of Velious etc components.

Mage words are just ridiculous to acquire and if this is working as intended, it's still broken as fuck. I have spent well over 1000pp (3 Coercion, 1 Duress, fees for higher mages to do combines) buying from other players to obtain a 24, 29 and 34 pet.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm so glad they ruined all you retards attempts at breaking the server by trying to 0skillmagezerg all of classics content. Nagafen was pet tanked first month of blue, none of that bs this time. get the fuck back to retail WoW nerds.
OK. lul.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

I love how Hashire's first post was about buying words. He seemed so innocent back then. Then Red died and his meds wore off.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15843
Old 11-10-2019, 03:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red
Ah, this is where the autismo level 60 comes from... sweet.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
bumping for massive need
Old 11-10-2019, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

I found a weird thing happening with an orc scout mobs in kithkor dropping a lot of magician research items which is bizarre because they were green to my level 8 cleric

Actually I got both the necro hungry earth words from them too so its not just magician
Old 11-10-2019, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found a weird thing happening with an orc scout mobs in kithkor dropping a lot of magician research items which is bizarre because they were green to my level 8 cleric

Actually I got both the necro hungry earth words from them too so its not just magician
And so began the great Orc slaughter of '19.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The ones that I'm specifically referencing are the ones that drop from 24+ mobs.
Closed Thread