Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Guild-based rotations are awesome on TAKP. No one breaks the rules. Guilds frequently tell each other "Hey, we can't do Whatsisface this week. You wanna take it?" However, when I was playing there, concurrent pop was about 200 characters, played by fewer than 100 players. Here, it may be 10 times as many players. If we end up with hundreds of max-level characters distributed among what looks like over a dozen large guilds, it might be a lot of hungry mouths to feed.

I reeeeeeeeally hope we get together and agree on some rotations here on Green. Guaranteed loot, ability to actually schedule raids...it could be really good.

<Castle> Green is in favor of raid rotations. We look forward to discussing it further with other guilds when the time comes. And it seems that time is approaching rapidly.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I just cant believe how the human race acts sometimes.... including fighting over pixels in a game that in the end doesent even really matter when you take your last breath. What will matter is how you treated others as we all come and goto the same place in the end. When it comes to raiding on P99 all ive ever heard was bad things about it. Why not give everyone a fair chance to see end game content. Not all things in EQ Classic were for the better it was the first 3d mmo. Im sure if the developers could go back now after looking at things there would have been instancing for end game content. If everyone got along and played fairly things like this wouldnt matter so much but we have alot of changing to do in this world....
Old 11-10-2019, 07:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is only 1 solution. But as always it falls to deaf ears.....

PvP enable raid zones. Problem solved. No more lawyer questing.
big brained solution. simple as it is elegant.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is only 1 solution. But as always it falls to deaf ears.....

PvP enable raid zones. Problem solved. No more lawyer questing.
Wouldn't this result in one huge guild getting loot and several small guilds not?
Old 11-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
The special olympics race/ fte msg system that happens on blue is highly un-classic. The majority of servers had a rotation list for raid mobs in the classic through velious era.
That may be true for older content but for new content usually there was all sorts of racing, training, killstealing and cockblocking. NToV was a race to aary then you get the clear.

Many guilds were so effective at cock blocking that they kept VT to themselves for the entirety of luclin. And then continued attempts to cockblock on RZtWL.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't this result in one huge guild getting loot and several small guilds not?

Good question. However, there will be alliances formed, old ones crumbling and new one taking shape all the time. So there will never be one huge guild dominating anything, unless they share with others because they will be attacked.

Paradoxically, pvp fosters a different kind, dare I say, deeper form of diplomacy and a tighter community because you have to be on your very best behavior.
Heck, you could even create a rotational list among the guilds where no one comes and disrupts the raid with PVP's. There will be the formation of PK guilds who tries to sabotage raids and their counter parts, Anti PK guild that are there to protect the raiding guild, giving content to do for players that are not raiding at that specific day. It would be such a blast honestly, not to mention for once giving meaning to actually using ones gear one has spend thousands of hours accumulating.

Blue end game raiding is toxic, way beyond what a pvp flagged raid zone system would ever be.
Why not at least try the above solution to some raid zones or just one raid zone?
Old 11-11-2019, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Good question. However, there will be alliances formed, old ones crumbling and new one taking shape all the time. So there will never be one huge guild dominating anything, unless they share with others because they will be attacked.

Paradoxically, pvp fosters a different kind, dare I say, deeper form of diplomacy and a tighter community because you have to be on your very best behavior.
Heck, you could even create a rotational list among the guilds where no one comes and disrupts the raid with PVP's. There will be the formation of PK guilds who tries to sabotage raids and their counter parts, Anti PK guild that are there to protect the raiding guild, giving content to do for players that are not raiding at that specific day. It would be such a blast honestly, not to mention for once giving meaning to actually using ones gear one has spend thousands of hours accumulating.

Blue end game raiding is toxic, way beyond what a pvp flagged raid zone system would ever be.
Why not at least try the above solution to some raid zones or just one raid zone?
I would love to experience this kind of thing. It sounds like the stories from Rallos Zek.

But Red wasn't like this...at least not when I was there in I think 2015-2016. About half the players were innocent naked noobs and the other half were on their WORST behavior at all times.

One time, a bunch of players calling themselves <Pandemonium> rolled on Red. The entire rest of the server shit on them until they left.

After that (or was it before?) a bunch of players calling themselves <TMO> rolled on Red. The entire rest of the server shit on them until they left. (sorry guys btw)

So, Red is not the same. I wonder what the difference was. The fact that the population of Red was minuscule compared to RZ/TZ/VZ/SZ? The fact that most people on classic-to-Velious-era live pvp servers knew nothing about pvp, whereas half of everyone here on Red was a seasoned pro? Anyway. Let me not derail this thread.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:20 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to experience this kind of thing. It sounds like the stories from Rallos Zek.

But Red wasn't like this...at least not when I was there in I think 2015-2016. About half the players were innocent naked noobs and the other half were on their WORST behavior at all times.

One time, a bunch of players calling themselves <Pandemonium> rolled on Red. The entire rest of the server shit on them until they left.

After that (or was it before?) a bunch of players calling themselves <TMO> rolled on Red. The entire rest of the server shit on them until they left. (sorry guys btw)

So, Red is not the same. I wonder what the difference was. The fact that the population of Red was minuscule compared to RZ/TZ/VZ/SZ? The fact that most people on classic-to-Velious-era live pvp servers knew nothing about pvp, whereas half of everyone here on Red was a seasoned pro? Anyway. Let me not derail this thread.
Right, that's why I suggested only flagging the raid zones for PVP (not newbie zones), as a tool for the players to settle their own disputes. So even though much of what you said is true regarding red server, it wouldn't apply here.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:25 AM
Fire Giant

I played live PVP servers when they opened on TZ and SZ, and played along time here on Red99. It's pretty much the same player mechanics.

Group A , wants loot
Group B, wants to grief people off server or IRL death/whatever comes first

Over time the zerg of group A always wins every PVP server, and the best time to play any eq pvp is the first year.

I will also say, Tala was clearly not in group A [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] He was the friendly bard in the background singing devilish praises while we defiled corpses en mass.

All the while with the calm and smile of mr rogers. Not an evil bone in his body they said.

I can still hear his depraved songs today . Did we slay countless naked noobs, and grief even more tainted blue blood from red99s player base? Yes...

... but you will always see Tala's smile in the background, enjoying every moment.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Right, that's why I suggested only flagging the raid zones for PVP (not newbie zones), as a tool for the players to settle their own disputes. So even though much of what you said is true regarding red server, it wouldn't apply here.
Hmmmm! Very interesting. Perhaps we will live inside such an experiment someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will also say, Tala was clearly not in group A [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] He was the friendly bard in the background singing devilish praises while we defiled corpses en mass.

All the while with the calm and smile of mr rogers. Not an evil bone in his body they said.

I can still hear his depraved songs today . Did we slay countless naked noobs, and grief even more tainted blue blood from red99s player base? Yes...

... but you will always see Tala's smile in the background, enjoying every moment.
/cackle
*strums a tune with skeletal fingers*
Closed Thread