Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 03:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played live PVP servers when they opened on TZ and SZ, and played along time here on Red99. It's pretty much the same player mechanics.

Group A , wants loot
Group B, wants to grief people off server or IRL death/whatever comes first

Over time the zerg of group A always wins every PVP server, and the best time to play any eq pvp is the first year.
Yes, that is sadly the state of affairs on Red99, but mainly because of 2 factors, low population and open world pvp. However, I'm not trying to suggest making blue to a red server.

This suggestion is only for solving the blue raid scene problem by simply flagging raid zones for PVP. The above scenario you described from the red server wouldn't happen thus. The vast majority of the game world would continue to be normal (blue).

The point I'm trying to make is that on a blue server there is already grief, hatred, passive aggressiveness and conflict among players. My bold suggestion: let the players solve it, it would be so much more healthier this way.

I know this won't happen in the end, but the way I see the situation, it's crystal clear to me that this is the best solution, taking all the parameters into consideration.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:58 AM
Fire Giant

Heh, it would just give the original red99 player base something to destroy. If you want to open up the raid scene on a blue server to pvp? Be my guest, 25 red players would ensure they never get another raid mob again if no GM intervention.

You've got to realize red was made to keep us off of blue. So we would corpse camp each other into oblivion , and it worked .

Unleash us on a blue server as a united front. LOL............ You don't understand what your asking for. Just trying to help you out.

Gather the obese, gather the unemployed . Victory will be yours.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

See, these ^ are the people I warned you about! XD

But, Larken, you might be right. I hope someone unleashes your hybrid server.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:20 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh, it would just give the original red99 player base something to destroy. If you want to open up the raid scene on a blue server to pvp? Be my guest, 25 red players would ensure they never get another raid mob again if no GM intervention.
I understand your concern, and I'm no big fan of said 25 people. But really give this concept a fair review before tossing it into the trash.

So, I already addressed the above issue in previous post but will in more detail explain why this could never happen practically. Why? Because of numbers. Say you have that 25 toxic scumbags, whose mission it is to grief and make sure no one gets access to ToV or the planes or whatever raid zone. Okay, fair game, I accept the challenge.

Now remember, this is a blue server, so the population will be, say, at least 1,000 players. So you see, there is no way those 25 people are going to stop at least 10 big guilds with 50 man each.

The said 25 people is by definition the PK guild, and frankly, it would be kind of fun to have them around because it would form a deeper sense of community. They would be swiftly put in place by 100+ players from other ally guilds to the one that's raiding.

Again, everything would be blue server, in 98% of all zones. I'm just talking raid zones here.

Imagine the time saved by players and staff were raid zone pvp flagging be enabled.

Want to raid? Negotiate with other guilds.
Negotiations stalled? Fight and prove who's strongest.
One guild is bigger and stronger than other guilds? Make allies with other and take them down and put them in their place and force them back to the negotiating table.
Simple and frankly, fun and exciting.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:24 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See, these ^ are the people I warned you about! XD

But, Larken, you might be right. I hope someone unleashes your hybrid server.
Hehe yes. Well I just think people have been so conditioned by Red99 failure that even the mention of players solving their own disputes in the very end game is somehow not even up for debate or consideration. And I think everyone is missing out to be honest because of this.

And we wouldn't even need a hybrid server for this. This would work on blue. The staff could just say. "You players have messed things up, you cannot agree to anything or any raid rules. We don't want to police you anymore. We will be testing PVP raid enable zones in Plane of Fear and Plane of Hate to test how it goes." or something to that effect.

Anyhow, we both know this will never happen but it's a fun mental exercise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2019, 07:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

You've got to realize red was made to keep us off of blue. So we would corpse camp each other into oblivion , and it worked .

Unleash us on a blue server as a united front. LOL............ You don't understand what your asking for. Just trying to help you out.

Gather the obese, gather the unemployed . Victory will be yours.
Yea. TMO lasted what, 2 months on Red? Lol.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:56 AM
Sarnak

We all will line up single file, a GM will group with those first in line, GM will summon raid boss, GM will /instakill, first in line is only one who gets to loot as they were grouped with GM. #2 in line's turn now.

It's only fair.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guild-based rotations are awesome on TAKP. No one breaks the rules. Guilds frequently tell each other "Hey, we can't do Whatsisface this week. You wanna take it?" However, when I was playing there, concurrent pop was about 200 characters, played by fewer than 100 players. Here, it may be 10 times as many players. If we end up with hundreds of max-level characters distributed among what looks like over a dozen large guilds, it might be a lot of hungry mouths to feed.

I reeeeeeeeally hope we get together and agree on some rotations here on Green. Guaranteed loot, ability to actually schedule raids...it could be really good.

<Castle> Green is in favor of raid rotations. We look forward to discussing it further with other guilds when the time comes. And it seems that time is approaching rapidly.
+1 for TAKP on this. The raid culture there is very different.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:25 AM
Sarnak

I think one major factor that isn't being considered yet, is the timeline appropriate unlocking of content on Green/Teal that wasn't available on blue.

It's not going to solve everything, but I would be curious to see how it plays out before any intervention or tweaks.

Although the population was much lower, the first couple of years of vanilla blue weren't that bad, and it wasn't until the population became very top heavy by being locked in vanilla content for many years that the toxicicity became widespread.

cheers,

Astuce
Old 11-11-2019, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

The biggest non-classic thing driving the state of the raid scene is variance. It's goal when implemented was to prevent 'poopsocking' which it has only made unimaginably worse.
Closed Thread